Windows 10: How do I change the installation path for downloads? I want downloads to save to New Volume...

Discus and support How do I change the installation path for downloads? I want downloads to save to New Volume... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alexinator197 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alexinator197, Feb 6, 2020.

1. How do I change the installation path for downloads? I want downloads to save to New Volume...

/u/Alexinator197, Feb 6, 2020

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Ravenas Win User
    Saving downloads?

On my Macbook I use Safari to browse the internet/download. When using Safari it will save whatever download you have currently so that if you stop the download it picks up where you last left off (say your computer crashes).

Anyhow, occasionally it will do this with IE on Windows Vista, however 99% IE will not save my download position... Is there a setting I can turn on or off that will command IE to do this? If not, is there an app that will do this for me? *Confused How do I change the installation path for downloads? I want downloads to save to New Volume... :confused:

Ravenas, Feb 6, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How do I change the installation path for downloads? I want downloads to save to New Volume...

New PC DRM!

You mean:

Pirated
    Step 1: Find Pirated version.
    Step 2: Download (which takes far longer than all the waiting for saving would take if your internet connection truly is slow)
    Step 3: Scan downloaded copy with anti-virus.
    Step 4: Install and pray hard that it isn't virus infected
    Step 5: Install the pirating bit and pray some more that it isn't a virus
    Step 6: Enjoy with above worries
    Step 7: Save

newtekie1, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I change the installation path for downloads? I want downloads to save to New Volume...

1. How do I change the installation path for downloads? I want downloads to save to New Volume... - Similar Threads - change installation path

2. I want to download "Google Play Store" so I can download Outlook. How do I do that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to download "Google Play Store" so I can download Outlook. How do I do that?: How do I download "Google Play Store" so I can get "Outlook" on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-download-google-play-store-so-i-can/1c7825cf-b9ba-43dd-a215-738468fd179e
  3. I want to download "Google Play Store" so I can download Outlook. How do I do that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to download "Google Play Store" so I can download Outlook. How do I do that?: How do I download "Google Play Store" so I can get "Outlook" on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-download-google-play-store-so-i-can/1c7825cf-b9ba-43dd-a215-738468fd179e
  4. a new update just downloaded and I do not want it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    a new update just downloaded and I do not want it.: How can I find updates on my system that have not been and have been installed? Once I find the update I am looking for, is there anything special I need to do to remove it?...
  5. a new update just downloaded and I do not want it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a new update just downloaded and I do not want it.: How can I find updates on my system that have not been and have been installed? Once I find the update I am looking for, is there anything special I need to do to remove it?...
  6. a new update just downloaded and I do not want it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I start the download and install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I start the download and install: how do I start windows 10 download and install. Nothing is happening that I can see. Problem still exists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-start-the-download-and-install/70e08705-b03a-4742-bc58-cec8deb6552b
  8. How do I download and install drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I download and install drivers?: My network is spiking every 45 seconds and I've been reccommended that I download the manufacturer's network drivers, however I have no idea how to do that. Can someone explain the process to me? (I've downloaded the file but now I don't know what to do with it) submitted by...
  9. How do I install download google?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I install download google?: when trying to switch to "window 10 pro " page I clicked on the FREE button and nothing happened. How do I install a different windows 10 so I can download google?...
  10. Downloads Not downloading with what i want it to download with.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Not downloading with what i want it to download with.: Hi my name is Tristan A. i love playing minecraft Java and windows 10 and in java i am trying to download .jar files for the java edition i have java installed and i believe it is up to date and good but when i try to download files of google Chrome it downloads as a(n)...