Windows 10: How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?

Discus and support How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Google Search, I found the following recent answer to "How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?" … "To delete a single autosuggested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RetiredEngineer, Mar 11, 2019.

1. How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?

On Google Search, I found the following recent answer to "How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?" …

"To delete a single autosuggested URL, start typing the address as you normally would—Google.com in my example. Then, when the unwanted autocomplete suggestion appears, use your keyboard's arrow keys to highlight the suggestion in the drop-down menu below the address bar. Finally, press Shift-Delete and poof!Sep 14, 2018"

I've tried this with the Address Bar in File Explorer and the Address Bar in the Toolbar. The problem here is THIS PROCEDURE DOES NOT WORK for me.

Does anyone know of an alternative approach which will work?

:)

RetiredEngineer, Mar 11, 2019
  2. acomic Win User

File explorer search history is not clearing

Hi

I have gone through all the steps in the following thread, but my file search history is not clearing or updating. Search terms clear, but the old search reappears with deleted files on it.

Search History in File Explorer - Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Any help would be appreciated.

acomic, Mar 11, 2019
  3. delete address bar history

-

Please do not ask this again as a new question.

You cannot completely "turn off" the Address Bar drop-down list.

This is the best you can do.

1. Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete> Settings, uncheck Address Bar

2. Access websites from File> Open or Ctrl+o. Don't type URLs into the Address Bar

3. Create an InPrivate shortcut to IE and always use that shortcut to open IE.

Create the shortcut to IE and use this as the Target...

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private

4. Internet Options> Browsing History> check Delete browsing history on exit. Go to Settings and verify that History is checked and Preserve favorites website data is unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 11, 2019
  4. ddhutch Win User

How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?

Windows 10 Address Bar History

Edge browser. Use to be able to go to file explorer and click on file then clear address bar history. But that has been removed.

ddhutch, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?

1. How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history? - Similar Threads - clear File Explorer

2. How do I clear my file explorer search bar in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear my file explorer search bar in windows 11?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar-in/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  3. How do I clear my file explorer search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear my file explorer search bar?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  4. How do I clear my file explorer search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clear my file explorer search bar?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  5. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  6. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  7. How do I clear the history?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear the history?: The way I've always done it, I don't seem to get a message stating that I have actually told the computer to do anything. Links to where I have gone still appear purple. I don't want to clear too much, because I might have to sign in to web sites again....
  8. How do I clear the history?

How do I clear the history?: The way I've always done it, I don't seem to get a message stating that I have actually told the computer to do anything. Links to where I have gone still appear purple. I don't want to clear too much, because I might have to sign in to web sites again....
  9. How do I clear the Search History in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I clear the Search History in File Explorer?: How do I clear the Search "history" in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-the-search-history-in-file-explorer/b4ff9c91-f943-4683-b936-df61dab5ecb4"
  10. File explorer search history is not clearing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer search history is not clearing: Hi I have gone through all the steps in the following thread, but my file search history is not clearing or updating. Search terms clear, but the old search reappears with deleted files on it. Search History in File Explorer - Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums...