Windows 10: How do I create an interactive windows 10 station?

Discus and support How do I create an interactive windows 10 station? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have lost sound. Programs were deleted. Any help would be appreciared. Thank you. 27354 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fergus, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Fergus Win User

How do I create an interactive windows 10 station?

I have lost sound. Programs were deleted. Any help would be appreciared. Thank you.

:)

Fergus, Oct 21, 2015

2. How do I create an Administrator account in Windows 10? (complete control)

Is there any Group Policy set by a System Admin for accounts that you're aware of? Is this a company or organization PC with a System Admin at all? Is it Pro version?

If not then it sounds like you have corruption that is interpreting your running Admin account as built-in Admin. I've seen this recently and the best solution is to do a

Clean Install Windows 10
    which compiles the best possible install of Windows 10 that will stay that way as long as you stick with the tools and methods given.

It simply isn't worth struggling with the endless corruption issues that will plague one with a Factory or Upgrade install, the reason most tech enthusiasts will never run such an install in the first place.

If you want to try creating a new Local Account with Admin rights to see how it performs this might suffice. The corruption may be limited to the one User account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

You can also go over the
    Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist - Microsoft Community
    to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done. These steps lead up to if necessary a Repair Upgrade that can resolve
    many issues, and if you've not yet updated to Creators Version you should run it from the new media in

Media Creation Tool
    which also is solving many persistent issues - and installs easier when done manually from media.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Aries Win User
    How do I create an Administrator account in Windows 10? (complete control)

The user account that I usually use is ok, and listed as *Administrators and *Users in the Local Group Memberships line.

However, the second account that I created, and which caused all sorts of weird errors (which I have elaborated in another thread) only lists as *Administrators and NOT *Users in that Local Group Memberships line.

I will review the original issue here which led me to all of these other issues:

My PC would only show me the sign in box when RESTARTING, and never simply starting. That's why I was trying to get into the realm of choices between safe mode and AUTOMATIC STARTUP REPAIR, at which the message was displayed that I could not perform that
    as a built-in admin.

Read through again and again until you get it. I apologize if my lingo is not clear.

To be honest, I am really hesitant to try to try to enter safe mode until the questions are answered in the other thread, because to me it looked like Windows 10 was (re)installing all on its own. I was afraid my PC would crash altogether.

Furthermore, I like the way you phrased your 7. comment, because that is exactly the reason I was trying to get into safe mode. I like to be proactive, and I wanted to expose any more flaws so I could find fixes. But when I got the HARD ERROR message and
    it started reinstalling the OS, I got scared. Maybe I pushed the envelope a little too far.

(By the way, I am able to log in as the second user and use the PC - in every other way, my PC is functioning just fine)

Whew !

Aries, Oct 21, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Welcome to ten forums. What happened, did you just upgrade to windows 10? A little more info will help us help you.

JohnC, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Fergus Win User
    I upgraded from 8 to win 10 in the middle of August. System ran fine until mid Ovctober. I do not know what happen. I have lost trhe calendar, Candy Crash and many of games that were downloaded. I also lost sound. I was able to get sound back by dowloading an installing a generic driver. Not very happy with as they have been of little help. Also had to recover my email. What is an inteactive system station?

Fergus, Oct 21, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    I'm do not know what a interactive service station is either. But is sounds like something is not working right. Maybe you could start by checking your system using the SFC command. It will rebuild your system files. This is from the tutorial forum https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html .

JohnC, Oct 21, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Games downloaded from Windows Store in Windows 8, do not work in Windows 10, you need to re-register them. It happened to me as well, and then I found this helpful thread and problem solved. Pity I tried to reinstall Microsoft Mahjong and lost my score...

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I create an interactive windows 10 station? - Similar Threads - create interactive station

2. Windows 11, This operation requires an interactive window station ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, This operation requires an interactive window station ?: Hi,Windows 11 Pro, Insider Dev build 22579.niAfter a fresh installation of the above build of Windows 11 I have been having an issue reinstalling my Zune HD drivers, every time I try to install them I get the following message "This operation requires an interactive window...
  3. Windows 11, This operation requires an interactive window station ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, This operation requires an interactive window station ?: Hi,Windows 11 Pro, Insider Dev build 22579.niAfter a fresh installation of the above build of Windows 11 I have been having an issue reinstalling my Zune HD drivers, every time I try to install them I get the following message "This operation requires an interactive window...
  4. "This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.: Hello Everyone, I am attempting to install a Dymo TurboWriter 450 on a brand new Windows 10 PC. I have applied all updates, attempted fixes i can find on forums using commands, verified running installation as administrator but I am receiving the error when trying to point...
  5. "This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.: Hello Everyone, I am attempting to install a Dymo TurboWriter 450 on a brand new Windows 10 PC. I have applied all updates, attempted fixes i can find on forums using commands, verified running installation as administrator but I am receiving the error when trying to point...
  6. "This operation requires an interactive window station" installing Printer - Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. This operation requires an interactive window station" When installing print drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This operation requires an interactive window station" When installing print drivers: I work for an MSP and this last week on at least 5 different computers we have received this error when trying to download print drivers. I was wondering if there was an update out causing this issue? We have found a couple old forms from 2015-2016 on how to supposedly fix...
  8. This operation requires an interactive window station" When installing print drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This operation requires an interactive window station" When installing print drivers: I work for an MSP and this last week on at least 5 different computers we have received this error when trying to download print drivers. I was wondering if there was an update out causing this issue? We have found a couple old forms from 2015-2016 on how to supposedly fix...
  9. How do I change the station with windows on it toan ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the station with windows on it toan ssd: We have another version installed on the ssd we just need to change where the pc starts from how do I do that submitted by /u/tibovd008 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtuv2i/how_do_i_change_the_station_with_windows_on_it/
  10. "This operation requires an interactive window station"

in Windows 10 Support
    "This operation requires an interactive window station": I have recently been getting errors when windows update tries to install/update drivers. Windows update simply says that there was an error while installing updates and asks to try again, to no avail. When I attempted to manually fix the issue by updating the driver within...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. interactive window station windows 10

2. howto create interactive windows station windows 10

3. this operation require an interactive window station win 10 ver 1809