Windows 10: How do i create an unattended file to skip only product key page

Discus and support How do i create an unattended file to skip only product key page in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says i want to create an unattended file only just to skip the product key page that appears just before installation of windows begins...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AuraticTrance, Apr 29, 2019.

1. How do i create an unattended file to skip only product key page

As the title says i want to create an unattended file only just to skip the product key page that appears just before installation of windows begins...

How do i create an unattended file to skip only product key page [​IMG]

i want the OOBE after installation to appear and let the user decide the settings and Username etc...

How do i create an unattended file to skip only this part ?? I want to add this to my custom ISO i am creating..

:)

AuraticTrance, Apr 29, 2019

2. The unattended answer file contains an invalid product key

I've downloaded the Windows 10.iso file and am trying to create a VMWare VM. I got the product key for my current Windows 7 Pro SP1 from the sticker on the underside of my laptop.

During creation of the VM I get this message "The unattended answer file contains an invalid product key".

Where do I go from here?

Paolo_Ricardo, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

4. Kari Win User

How do i create an unattended file to skip only product key page

Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10  

The hard disk will be wiped empty if WillWipeDisk value is set to true (tutorial step 3.11).

About signature issue, I have not a a clue what you mean. If you follow this tutorial step by step, when you have finished capturing your customized install.wim, everything needed to create a bootable USB drive is in folder ISO_Files (or whatever folder you selected in step 2.2).

I use then my own PowerShell script to create bootable USB from ISO_Files folder as shown in this tutorial: PowerShell Scripting - Create USB Install Media for Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

If you want to make Windows Setup completely automatic, "hands-free", then yes, a generic key is required. If not given, setup will stop asking the key.

Generic keys are not activation keys, they are only used to skip product key prompt in Windows Setup, and in case of install media containing multiple editions, to select edition. Activation will then be based on existing digital license, or must be done using a product or volume licensing key.

Thema:

How do i create an unattended file to skip only product key page

1. How do i create an unattended file to skip only product key page - Similar Threads - create unattended file

2. How do I exchange a product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I exchange a product key?: When I installed Parallels Access on a new MacBook I was required to download Windows 11 and did not realize that the download was Windows 11 Pro. I purchased the product key for Windows 11 Home. How do exchange the unusable key for the correct one....
  3. how to create product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to create product key?: We have lost our Product key, then how we Update our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-product-key/51932532-3eec-4825-bf28-98e3997dd9c5
  4. how to create product key?

how to create product key?: We have lost our Product key, then how we Update our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-product-key/51932532-3eec-4825-bf28-98e3997dd9c5
  5. How do i find product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i find product key?: Just downloaded Windows but cant activate it,how do i get product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-product-key/189bc08e-0497-4972-9606-1e82a23f0241
  6. How do i find product key?

How do i find product key?: Just downloaded Windows but cant activate it,how do i get product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-product-key/189bc08e-0497-4972-9606-1e82a23f0241
  7. How to create Windows.old when doing unattended install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create Windows.old when doing unattended install?: I have an unattended USB setup perfectly, but as per the guides on win10guru it sets WillWipeDisk to true. I know in manual installs, if the partition has the correct format, it will tell me that a previous windows was detected and is being moved to windows.old. I would...
  8. Windows cannot read the <Product Key> from the unattend answer file

Windows cannot read the <Product Key> from the unattend answer file: [IMG] Hi, I've made a USB drive to reinstall windows onto a new system I've just built and when it goes through its start up I get this message then it, restarts and repeats itself again? Any ideas on how to get around this? Would I have to make a new windows 10 bootable...
  9. Reuse the device product key in unattended install

Reuse the device product key in unattended install: I am trying to automate the reinstall of Windows 10 computer at work (if only to get rid of all the bloatware that is added by manufacturers). I have created an unautoattended.xml file following this tutorial:...
  10. "Unattend" Product Key error when doing fresh install

"Unattend" Product Key error when doing fresh install: Hi all. Was running Win 7 Home Basic; upgraded using to Win 10 but performance was poor. So, attempted to use the Settings tool to "Reset" without keeping my files. The reset got stuck at 66% (how ominous) and then informed me that the reset failed and the pc shut down....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. how to remove product key from unattend answer file

3. how to skip product key in unattended file

4. the unattend answer file contains an invalid product key windows 7 while installingh,
  5. the unattended answer file contains an invalid product key windows 7,
  6. How do i create an unattended file to skip only product key page,
  7. windows unatteneded file how to skip license,
  8. How do i create an unattended file to skip account,
  9. the unattend answer file contains an invalid product key KMS usb