Windows 10: How do I disable swipe right for Task View?

Discus and support How do I disable swipe right for Task View? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Half the time I move my mouse Task View pops up. I do not want to use Task View. Ever. It does nothing for me but waste my time. How do I disable it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_resident_skeptic, Mar 17, 2020.

1. How do I disable swipe right for Task View?

Half the time I move my mouse Task View pops up.

I do not want to use Task View. Ever. It does nothing for me but waste my time. How do I disable it?

I've tried disabling the group policy and editing the registry, yet it still happens:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/enable-or-disable-edge-swipe-on-screen-in-windows-10.9892/

Now it's wasting even more of my time.

I'm using a Logitech K830 keyboard/trackpad combo.

submitted by /u/the_resident_skeptic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_resident_skeptic, Mar 17, 2020

2. I need to completely disable task view (left swipe function)

I have seen several posts requesting this same feature, but every response simply explains how to disable the button.

I have a kiosk time clock that I need to completely disable the task view feature altogether to prevent users from getting out of the kiosk application.

This is on a Surface Pro 4, running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.

I have disabled the button through the task bar properties, and have edited the group policy (Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Edge UI / Allow edge swipes), which is currently set to disabled.

I have restarted the machine after making these changes.

However, I still have the task view appear whenever a left edge swipe is performed.

Anything else possible to eliminate the task view edge swipe?

ShaunBroyhill, Mar 17, 2020
  3. DIY_glenn Win User
    I need to completely disable task view (left swipe function)

Yes, finally!

For some reason the GPO where you can set "AllowEdgeSwipe" to "Disabled" does NOT disable the left swipe (Task View), but adding this registry key to the same GPO worked!

Thanks.

DIY_glenn, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Stods99 Win User

How do I disable swipe right for Task View?

How Can I Disable Swipe In Windows 10

This doesn't work in Windows 10. There is no toggle switch for "Edge Swipe." In fact, "Edge Swipe" is not even listed as one of the options under settings. I just spent four hours on this, including chatting with a Microsoft rep and there appears to be
    no easy solution for the majority of users who are not programmers. It is frustrating and time-consuming when my screen changes to task view every time I swipe right on my touchpad.

Stods99, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable swipe right for Task View?

1. How do I disable swipe right for Task View? - Similar Threads - disable swipe right

2. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?: Since I bought a new ASUS laptop I cannot get rid of this annoying option: "slide to shut down the window" after my laptop goes to sleep mode and I want to start using it again. Why I cannot remove it and go directly to enter the password screen? Often it messes up and...
  3. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?: Since I bought a new ASUS laptop I cannot get rid of this annoying option: "slide to shut down the window" after my laptop goes to sleep mode and I want to start using it again. Why I cannot remove it and go directly to enter the password screen? Often it messes up and...
  4. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task View Swipe on Monitor vs Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View Swipe on Monitor vs Laptop: Hi, I'm new to this subreddit and to Windows in general (Mac user). I have a Dell Latitude Windows 10 laptop connected to a Acer 27" monitor via HDMI. I chose to 'extend display' (so I have 2 distinct, separate displays rather than mirroring what's on my laptop). Windows 10...
  6. How to disable task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable task view: I am running windows 10 education because I can get a product key through work. This being said, my work Microsoft account is not linked to my device and I am the sole owner and user of my device. The task view feature drives me insane. I find the clustering of windows...
  7. How do I get that divider to the right of the task view button?

How do I get that divider to the right of the task view button?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scj33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f18fuv/how_do_i_get_that_divider_to_the_right_of_the/
  8. How to disable the swipe taskbar.

How to disable the swipe taskbar.: Hello, I recently fully reinstalled my Windows 10 for other reasons. Now, I cannot see the taskbar and the only way to do it is to hover my mouse to the place it usually is supposed to be, now, it is no big deal but I just kinda got used to it. Does not seem like a problem...
  9. How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?

How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?: I have Asus smart gesture for windows 10. It is working but now if I swipe from the left edge it always opens task viewer. I'm left handed and this is annoying. How can I turn off this feature? It's not listed in the ASUS smart gesture swipe features....
  10. How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?

How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?: As the title states, I need to turn off the feature that enables Task View when swiping from the left side of my trackpad. I use my computer on a large TV and going from the left side of the screen towards the right means a long swipe from one end of my trackpad to the other....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i disable taskview when swiping trackpad