Windows 10: How do I disable the new Explorer taskbar context menu

Discus and support How do I disable the new Explorer taskbar context menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Is there any way to disable that next context menu when clicking on Windows Explorer? It shows a bunch of favorite folders and recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by filipeteles, Nov 3, 2015.

1. How do I disable the new Explorer taskbar context menu

Hi,

Is there any way to disable that next context menu when clicking on Windows Explorer?

It shows a bunch of favorite folders and recent folders.

Thanks!

:)

filipeteles, Nov 3, 2015
  2. Smowing Win User

Restrict search in the Start menu (restringir busqueda en el menu inicio)

hi, I already did, but in the start menu write the name of a file or folder and then appear. What I want is not aparesca any file or folder in the start menu search. Thank you

Ps: does not appear in the search pocibilidad to disable the context menu of the taskbar appears: hide or display search icon.

Thank you

Smowing, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Cake5 Win User
    How do I edit the File Explorer context menu without editing the registry?

How do I disable the new Explorer taskbar context menu [​IMG]

This is how my right-click menu looks like in File Explorer with the apps I have installed/preinstalled. I have to really hunt just to find Open With. I've annotated the screenshot with item priority. Such clutter, the list is so long it almost fills my
    24" screen top to bottom and that's just for a picture.

Is there a safe way I can tweak the items and positioning of items without risking breaking it with regedit? Rather not mess with things I don't understand. Looking for a visual context menu editor but wary of viruses. Suggestions?

Also I'd like to add an "Edit with Photoshop" option for images here below/above the Edit option.

Cake5, Nov 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How do I disable the new Explorer taskbar context menu

Brink, Nov 3, 2015
  5. I have that option turned off, no recent files/folders show up in Start menu, but they are still showing in the taskbar.

filipeteles, Nov 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    When turned off, that should have removed recent items from your jump lists. Could you post a screenshot showing your jump list for File Explorer to see what may be wrong?

You can also use the tutorial below to reset and clear these to see if it may have been corrupted.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...set-clear.html

Brink, Nov 4, 2015
  7. This is what I get when I right click on any Windows Explorer window opened in taskbar.

Thanks for the link, I ran the .bat file but still didn't solve my problem.

filipeteles, Nov 4, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

That doesn't look like it's showing the full jump list. It would normally have something like this at the bottom at least. You should no longer have "Frequent" listed since you turned it off.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable the new Explorer taskbar context menu - Similar Threads - disable Explorer taskbar

2. How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...: It doesn't work and I never asked for it because I would never want it if it did work. How do I undo my taskbar grouping when I specifically set "NEVER COMBINE TASKBAR"? I don't want anything grouped. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel....
  3. How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...: It doesn't work and I never asked for it because I would never want it if it did work. How do I undo my taskbar grouping when I specifically set "NEVER COMBINE TASKBAR"? I don't want anything grouped. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel....
  4. For explorer context menu, how do I restore missing new shortcut item?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For explorer context menu, how do I restore missing new shortcut item?: For Windows 11 I performed a registry edit a month ago to restore "new" items to the explore right-click context menu. Recently I found the new shortcut item is missing. How can I restore it? Registry entries on a different machine are the same for hcr\file, hcr\folder,...
  5. For explorer context menu, how do I restore missing new shortcut item?

For explorer context menu, how do I restore missing new shortcut item?: For Windows 11 I performed a registry edit a month ago to restore "new" items to the explore right-click context menu. Recently I found the new shortcut item is missing. How can I restore it? Registry entries on a different machine are the same for hcr\file, hcr\folder,...
  6. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  7. Explorer context menu new items are missing

Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  8. How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix Explorer Context-menu size?: Hi, My Explorer context menu size is out of control. From what I've seen it was designed this way, but it's about the worst interface ever. It's occupying valuable real estate. And the menu-scrolling is a subpar solution. Also, why aren't context-menu tasks able to be...
  9. How do I restore new => Folder to context menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I restore new => Folder to context menu?: Hi there The other day I discovered out of the blue New =>Folder had disappeared from the context menu. I have been forced to create new folders by copying an existing folder, renaming it & deleting its content. I have absolutely no reason what could have lead to this, but...
  10. How do I add new .java file to context new menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add new .java file to context new menu?: Hello, I want create a new blank java source code file from the context menu when I right click in a folder and select new. I have tried adding a registry edit with the following code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.java\ShellNew]...