Windows 10: How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

Discus and support How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrodgE, Aug 18, 2018.

1. FrodgE Win User

How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been automatically linked with my parents local user profile. Our desktop wallpaper and other details are now being synced. I cannot see how to unlink my Microsoft account from their local account without deleting and recreating their user profile. Surely there is a less brutal way?

:)

FrodgE, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account? :(

Zakin, Aug 18, 2018
  3. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

1. How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account? - Similar Threads - disassociate microsoft account

2. how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account: When i turn my computer off and back it shows 3 different windows user accounts, one of which shows the actual email i used to create the account, the other just displays my first and last name, and the third being the only one i can get into is the local account. when i...
  3. how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account: When i turn my computer off and back it shows 3 different windows user accounts, one of which shows the actual email i used to create the account, the other just displays my first and last name, and the third being the only one i can get into is the local account. when i...
  4. how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account: microsoft store hijacked my accountall the tutorials say to press a button in settings but they removed it in a newer update for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-a-microsoft-account-to-a/f2bdb168-1e93-407e-8e4e-5874203a1272
  5. Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disassociating Microsoft Account with PC: My son logged into our computer with his Microsoft account and now that is associated with our local administrator account. How can I remove his email from this?...
  6. Delete / Disassociate an old Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete / Disassociate an old Microsoft Account: I created a new Microsoft Account and purchased a family license for Office 365. I have an old "work" account associated on the same Surface tablet. I need to delete this prior account. I cannot find the delete option. Many thanks...
  7. Removing / Disassociating a Child's Account from a Local Account on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing / Disassociating a Child's Account from a Local Account on Windows 10: Windows information: Windows 10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.836 Context: I've been using the same local account since Windows 8 through several upgrades. I'd been logged in as myself for store / xbox live since those became available services. My child wanted to buy something...
  8. How to disassociate Email Accounts from Windows 10 User Account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disassociate Email Accounts from Windows 10 User Account?: Hey, can someone tell me how I can disassociate my Email account from the Windows 10 User? I accidentally linked it when I logged into the Microsoft Store and now I cannot unlink it. There's no option in the Accounts Settings on Windows it only has options to Add, nothing to...
  9. How to disassociate a Microsoft Account from a Local Account on a Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disassociate a Microsoft Account from a Local Account on a Windows 10 laptop: My son accidentally set up his Microsoft account on his uncle's laptop. His uncle only had a local Windows account previously. Now his laptop is set up under my son's account and has my son's email address, etc and parental controls associated with his user profile. I...
  10. How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?: Hello, I have what appears to be a common problem, as far as I can see, from searching about this issue but also one without a good resolution. I have a Windows 10 laptop. I am a local administrator and up until yesterday, there was no Microsoft account associated with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disassociate microsoft account from pc

2. disassociate microsoft account

3. how to disassociate a microsoft account

4. how to disassociate email account from windows,
  5. diassociate windows account with pc,
  6. disassociate my email with windows,
  7. disassociate account from microsoft account,
  8. disassociate microsoft user account from windows pc,
  9. disassociate micrsoft account with pc,
  10. how to dissassociate microsoft account from administrator,
  11. disassociate email from windows 10,