Windows 10: How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

Discus and support How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrodgE, Aug 18, 2018.

1. FrodgE Win User

How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account?

While using my parents computer I logged in to the Feedback Hub app using the credentials for my Microsoft account. Now my account has been automatically linked with my parents local user profile. Our desktop wallpaper and other details are now being synced. I cannot see how to unlink my Microsoft account from their local account without deleting and recreating their user profile. Surely there is a less brutal way?

:)

FrodgE, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account? :(

Zakin, Aug 18, 2018
  3. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

1. How do I disassociate a microsoft account from a local user account? - Similar Threads - disassociate microsoft account

2. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  3. Microsoft account or local account ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  4. How to disassociate a Microsoft Account from a Local Account on a Windows 10 laptop

How to disassociate a Microsoft Account from a Local Account on a Windows 10 laptop: My son accidentally set up his Microsoft account on his uncle's laptop. His uncle only had a local Windows account previously. Now his laptop is set up under my son's account and has my son's email address, etc and parental controls associated with his user profile. I...
  5. How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?

How do I unlink my local account from a Microsoft account?: Hello, I have what appears to be a common problem, as far as I can see, from searching about this issue but also one without a good resolution. I have a Windows 10 laptop. I am a local administrator and up until yesterday, there was no Microsoft account associated with...
  6. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account: When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was wondering if there is anyway to change it to a local account after making the account, without loosing your data....
  7. How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?: I have been trying for the past two hours to get a runas command to work, but I am crippled every time by a user name or password incorrect. I've tried deleting my admin password, I've changed the admin password, nothing works. (Linux is so much easier to use). I am the...
  8. How to remove microsoft account from local account

How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040
  9. How do I change a local user account password?

How do I change a local user account password?: I don't know why this is so difficult, Win 10 really screwed things up coming from Seven. Seems they changed a lot of things just for the sake of changing them. I shouldn't have to use a search engine or a forum to answer this question. I am logged in under the...
  10. local account/Microsoft account

local account/Microsoft account: I have been using Windows 10 for about a week. I set up two accounts - one administrator, the other regular user. When attempting to update Windows 10, I got a message saying because I did not login a Microsoft account, some updates couldn't be downloaded. So, I had to create...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disassociate microsoft account from pc

2. diassociate windows account with pc

3. disassociate micrsoft account with pc

4. disassociate microsoft account,
  5. how to dissassociate microsoft account from administrator,
  6. how to disassociate a microsoft account,
  7. disacociate my microsoft account from a local account,
  8. how to disassociate microsoft account from windows pc,
  9. how to diassociate my hotmail account from local admin account,
  10. how to disassociate a microsoft account from a local login,
  11. disassociate msn email with computer?,