Windows 10: How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

Discus and support How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD. When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015.

1. How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD.

When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is simply greyed out.

I had hoped to save writes on my SSD to increase it's lifespan, and it appears to be recommended in various SSD optimisation guides. Is it at all possible to enable system restore points to be saved on other hard drives?

Any tips?

:)

deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015

2. How do I enable system restore on my PC?

How do I enable the system restore on my PC?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

CatherineChancellor, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    How do I enable system restore on my PC?

System restore allows users to revert the computer state at a previous point in time. In order for you to enable System Restore on your PC, simply follow the steps below:

• On Search, type Control Panel.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left pane, select System protection.
    • Click on it to open System Properties.
    • Under System Protection tab, you will see the Protection Settings.
    • Make sure the Protection is set to ON for the system drive.
    • If not, select the System Drive or C Drive and click Configure button.
    • Select Turn on system protection and click on Apply.

If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

1. How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? - Similar Threads - enable system protection

2. how do I enable virus and threat protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I enable virus and threat protection?: how do I enable virus and threat protection? I'm not going to lie I installed cheats on my pc and every time i play a game i get kicked from the match.and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I don't have virus and threat protection turned on but if you guys.can't help me...
  3. how do I enable virus and threat protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I enable virus and threat protection?: how do I enable virus and threat protection? I'm not going to lie I installed cheats on my pc and every time i play a game i get kicked from the match.and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I don't have virus and threat protection turned on but if you guys.can't help me...
  4. How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?: So I checked in msinfo32 that i have it off.... and the Virtualization-based security is running.... i think it somehow turned itself off, because i was playing Fortnite then yesterday it said kernel patch protection disabled but before it did not so i assume i had it on? is...
  5. How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?

How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?: So I checked in msinfo32 that i have it off.... and the Virtualization-based security is running.... i think it somehow turned itself off, because i was playing Fortnite then yesterday it said kernel patch protection disabled but before it did not so i assume i had it on? is...
  6. How do I enable Kernel Patch Protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I enable web protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  8. How do I enable web protection?

How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  9. How do I enable Real Time Protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I enable Real Time Protection?: My Real Time Protection on Windows Defender will not even allow me to click on it. As seen below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-real-time-protection/35ab5c85-d971-4f83-b519-7ce105b2d416
  10. how do I enable system protection to drive c

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I enable system protection to drive c: System will not start this morning. It ended up restarting itself and eventually I decided to try system restore. I had 2 restore points showing but after hitting NEXT the instructions say I must enable systemprotection on this drive but the box is grey. Only options are...