How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

Discus and support How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD. When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015.

1. deathstroke Win User

I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD.

When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is simply greyed out.

I had hoped to save writes on my SSD to increase it's lifespan, and it appears to be recommended in various SSD optimisation guides. Is it at all possible to enable system restore points to be saved on other hard drives?

Any tips?

:)

deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015
  2. CatherineChancellor Win User

How do I enable system restore on my PC?

How do I enable the system restore on my PC?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

CatherineChancellor, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    How do I enable system restore on my PC?

System restore allows users to revert the computer state at a previous point in time. In order for you to enable System Restore on your PC, simply follow the steps below:

• On Search, type Control Panel.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left pane, select System protection.
    • Click on it to open System Properties.
    • Under System Protection tab, you will see the Protection Settings.
    • Make sure the Protection is set to ON for the system drive.
    • If not, select the System Drive or C Drive and click Configure button.
    • Select Turn on system protection and click on Apply.

If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? - Similar Threads - enable system protection

1. Enable Or Disable Change System Time And Date Using Batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Or Disable Change System Time And Date Using Batch file: hi, i want to disable the change time and date in windows ten using batch file, i am using this script to show and hide hidden file Code: @echo off REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /V Hidden /T REG_DWORD /D 0 /F taskkill /f /im...
  2. Can't enable System Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable System Restore: Noticed my System Protection was not enabled. Can't click on the "Turn on......" Does nothing when I try to "Turn on...." Attached a pic. 20397
  3. How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out)

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out): Hello I have recently upgraded to Win10. My computer has a 120gb SSD & 1tb HDD. When I tried to enable system restore, the SSD is greyed out (c*Smile but the HDD is not (d*Smile Any idea how to enable this? I see some post suggesting gpedit.msc, but that not an...
  4. Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key disabled by system cannot re-enable, help..: Hello my windows key got disabled when I turned my pc on a message popped up saying: "system has disabled the windows key" I tried to do this method; [']https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-windows-key], but the download doesn't work and there is no sancode map...
  5. Enable or Disable Create a System Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable or Disable Create a System Image in Windows 10: I am intrigued - why would anybody disable ability to create a system image backup in the first place unless in a corporate environment perhaps? Even then, afaik you need admin rights to do a backup within Windows, and most corporate users do not have admin rights. 98689
  6. Enable or Disable ReFS File System in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable or Disable ReFS File System in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10: Doesn't works for me... Windows 10 build 14295. Diskpart gives me this: DISKPART> format fs=refs 0 pour cent effectués Erreur du service de disque virtuel : Le système de fichiers est incompatible. While format gives: Le système de fichiers ReFS n’est pas...
  7. How show the date in the system tray having the small icons enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    How show the date in the system tray having the small icons enabled: How can one show the date and time in the system tray having the small icons enabled: [img] 41989
How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? solved