How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

Discus and support How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD. When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015.

1. deathstroke Win User

I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD.

When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is simply greyed out.

I had hoped to save writes on my SSD to increase it's lifespan, and it appears to be recommended in various SSD optimisation guides. Is it at all possible to enable system restore points to be saved on other hard drives?

Any tips?

:)

deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015
  2. CatherineChancellor Win User

How do I enable system restore on my PC?

How do I enable the system restore on my PC?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

CatherineChancellor, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    How do I enable system restore on my PC?

System restore allows users to revert the computer state at a previous point in time. In order for you to enable System Restore on your PC, simply follow the steps below:

• On Search, type Control Panel.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left pane, select System protection.
    • Click on it to open System Properties.
    • Under System Protection tab, you will see the Protection Settings.
    • Make sure the Protection is set to ON for the system drive.
    • If not, select the System Drive or C Drive and click Configure button.
    • Select Turn on system protection and click on Apply.

If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? - Similar Threads - enable system protection

2. Cannot connect my Epson WF-3640 printer to Win 10 desktop wirelessly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect my Epson WF-3640 printer to Win 10 desktop wirelessly: Need help connecting Win 10 desktop to Epson Wireless printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cannot-connect-my-epson-wf-3640-printer-to-win-10/09ecdb17-7fd6-480a-b2b3-63b6f0245881
  3. My laptop lag, freeze, and got blue screen after Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop lag, freeze, and got blue screen after Windows Update: So I got windows 10 installed on my laptop. It works so smooth like a charm at first. I've successfully installed all the Windows updates, but my laptop getting hotter than usual and then it lag, freeze, and got blue screen randomly after the updates. My laptop is HP P231ax...
  4. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.: First of all you shouldn't have such a thing. Secondly all my apps and softwares got uninstalled and now my game which used to give 150-200 fps is stuck on 60 fps. Please help I have my tournament coming....
  5. The 5ghz is not recognized on my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The 5ghz is not recognized on my laptop: my laptop will not recognize the 5Ghz network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/the-5ghz-is-not-recognized-on-my-laptop/d03c04d3-4c98-4745-894d-78853d43bb85
  6. how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?

how do I turn on the keyboard backlight?: In the process of changing settings, I accidentally turned off the keyboard backlight so I cannot see it in the dark anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-turn-on-the-keyboard-backlight/b363df38-bacf-4bf7-b125-2c75bc1dc937
  7. I cant upgrade unactivated windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant upgrade unactivated windows 10 home to pro: So i bought a key from a friend who had a spare one, and when i tried to activate it always came it with an error. He told me in order for the key to work, i need to upgrade to pro first. How do i do this? I've tried many methods and nothings worked....
  8. microphone worked for months but now cannot pick up my voice.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone worked for months but now cannot pick up my voice.: microphone worked for months but now cannot pick up my voice. Senhheiser MK-4, it's been perfectly fine has all the drivers but today when I set it up with the audio interface it refuses to pick up my voice, did I do something? Also YES I checked the volume levels, I even...
  9. How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown

How to remove an email address from windows 10 mail as shown: I made contact with a company using their email address in the form of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (- I have changed the name to protect the company concerned but the STYLE is the same form) Despite many attempts to remove the said address I am unable to...
  10. Windows 10 Reset My PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset My PC: Hi, I have a couple of questions. I'm running very low on my C drive(Partitions were a mistake) and I'm not able delete anymore files in order to resolve the issue. Please answer thinking I have no idea on Windows restore. 1. My PC came with Windows 8 and IIhave upgraded...