Windows 10: How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

Discus and support How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD. When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015.

1. How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD.

When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is simply greyed out.

I had hoped to save writes on my SSD to increase it's lifespan, and it appears to be recommended in various SSD optimisation guides. Is it at all possible to enable system restore points to be saved on other hard drives?

Any tips?

:)

deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015

2. How do I enable system restore on my PC?

How do I enable the system restore on my PC?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

CatherineChancellor, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    How do I enable system restore on my PC?

System restore allows users to revert the computer state at a previous point in time. In order for you to enable System Restore on your PC, simply follow the steps below:

• On Search, type Control Panel.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left pane, select System protection.
    • Click on it to open System Properties.
    • Under System Protection tab, you will see the Protection Settings.
    • Make sure the Protection is set to ON for the system drive.
    • If not, select the System Drive or C Drive and click Configure button.
    • Select Turn on system protection and click on Apply.

If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

1. How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? - Similar Threads - enable system protection

2. How do I enable Real Time Protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I enable Real Time Protection?: My Real Time Protection on Windows Defender will not even allow me to click on it. As seen below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-real-time-protection/35ab5c85-d971-4f83-b519-7ce105b2d416
  3. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  4. How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i add HDD as secondary storage without losing its data?: I want to fresh install windows 10 on my 240gb SSD and use my 2tb HDD as storage space. I dont want to lose data on my hdd. What do I do? submitted by /u/spexyboi [link] [comments]...
  5. My secondary HDD causes a bsod

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My secondary HDD causes a bsod: Hi, so today when i turned on my pc it gave me the bsod CACHE_MANAGER and i looked it up and it said to unplug any secondary drives so i did and it booted. is there a way i can fix it so i can use my secondary drive? submitted by /u/SympleBoi [link] [comments]...
  6. System Restore is suddenly disabled - how do I enable it?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore is suddenly disabled - how do I enable it?: Fairly new PC, Win10 Pro 64-bit all updates. System restore was working fine last week, as I created a manual restore point before installing a major piece of software. I just went to do the same thing again, but found that all the controls on the System Protection tab of...
  7. How do I turn on "System protection"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn on "System protection"?: In the control panel it shows that I have all the important things in the Security panel with green checkmarks, nothing to do... [ATTACH] Unfortunately, I can't access my restore points. I am in Windows Pro 64 bit on a 2.5 GHz 2018 Dell i5 laptop Inspiron 5577 Gaming......
  8. How do I protect my ports

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I protect my ports: I tried to install webdriver for chrome but it shows up a message that I Should protect my ports so how would I know that which of my ports are unsecure and how to protect them. [ATTACH]...
  9. how do I enable system protection to drive c

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I enable system protection to drive c: System will not start this morning. It ended up restarting itself and eventually I decided to try system restore. I had 2 restore points showing but after hitting NEXT the instructions say I must enable systemprotection on this drive but the box is grey. Only options are...
  10. Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup: I am trying to create a system image of my SSD (where my OS is installed) but cannot because windows 10 claims my secondary HDD is also a "System" drive when it is not. I do not have enough space to create a system image of both of these drives. [img] Does anyone know...