Windows 10: How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

Discus and support How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD. When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015.

1. deathstroke Win User

How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD.

When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is simply greyed out.

I had hoped to save writes on my SSD to increase it's lifespan, and it appears to be recommended in various SSD optimisation guides. Is it at all possible to enable system restore points to be saved on other hard drives?

Any tips?

:)

deathstroke, Jul 30, 2015
  2. CatherineChancellor Win User

How do I enable system restore on my PC?

How do I enable the system restore on my PC?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage]

CatherineChancellor, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    How do I enable system restore on my PC?

System restore allows users to revert the computer state at a previous point in time. In order for you to enable System Restore on your PC, simply follow the steps below:

• On Search, type Control Panel.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left pane, select System protection.
    • Click on it to open System Properties.
    • Under System Protection tab, you will see the Protection Settings.
    • Make sure the Protection is set to ON for the system drive.
    • If not, select the System Drive or C Drive and click Configure button.
    • Select Turn on system protection and click on Apply.

If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD? - Similar Threads - enable system protection

2. how do I enable flash player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I enable flash player?: how do I enable flash player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-do-i-enable-flash-player/16adfaf1-df89-4762-a6bb-bdb4ff82e36d
  3. how do I enable a new extender to connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I enable a new extender to connect to my wifi: Where is the enable button to set up my new extender ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-enable-a-new-extender-to-connect-to-my/320f2ee7-4bd6-46ba-9da7-c66d1b5460c8
  4. How do I disable Access Protection/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I disable Access Protection/: When I instruct McAfee to carry out a scan it goes to 99% and then hangs. The only way then to close it is to shut down the computer. I have Windows10 Home and McAfee Live Safe, both updated to date. McAfee's response starts with "Disable Access Protection and run the...
  5. How do i enable flash player

in Browsers and Email
    How do i enable flash player: whenever I try to play an embedded video (ie in facebook) I get a message telling me "Flash Player upgrade required", when I click on "get flash player" I get "Flash Player is integrated with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. You do not need to install Flash Player.". When I...
  6. How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?: While trying to install OS2 Warp 4 to a Virtual Machine under Virtualbox, I'm informed that it won't run because Hardware Acceleration is not enabled. Can someone PLEASE tell me, step by step, how to do this? Show some mercy on me and don't refer me to MS articles I need...
  7. How do I enable cookies in Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I enable cookies in Firefox.: My Firefox cookies somehow got disabled and I'm now trying to enable them. I asked this question someplace (possibly on this forum) and was told to go to menu bar then "Preferences". The problem is, there is no "Preferences" option on the drop down menu. I tried "Options"...
  8. Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup: I am trying to create a system image of my SSD (where my OS is installed) but cannot because windows 10 claims my secondary HDD is also a "System" drive when it is not. I do not have enough space to create a system image of both of these drives. [img] Does anyone know...
  9. How do I re-enable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I re-enable Cortana?: I have disabled and renamed the folder of cortana, knowing not what I was doing and now I can't use the search function. I really need this for what I do. I thought I could close Cortana without getting rid of the search function, but I guess it did. *cry Now, I don't know...
  10. How do i delete system files on other HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i delete system files on other HDD?: i just installed windows 10 onto my first SSD (Made it my master drive) and i'd like to delete every file and folder on my old HDD except the one in which all my games are installed (Not program files its a folder labeled "Games" in the root directory). But i keep needing...