Windows 10: How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting?

Discus and support How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there. I am hoping someone will be able to help with this. I have been having this issue ever since dark mode came out, but am finally getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Westo48, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Westo48 Win User

How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting?

Hey there. I am hoping someone will be able to help with this. I have been having this issue ever since dark mode came out, but am finally getting around to trying to fix it. Basically some program's title bars change with dark mode and some don't. I have tried resetting the dark mode turning it off and turning it back on, changing the theme, basically resetting everything short of factory settings and then going back to dark mode. Nothing seems to work. It seems to mainly be the windows system windows other than file explorer, so cmd, powershell, system info, etc. I am running on windows 10 build 17763. The picture below shows the dark mode is working on file explorer, but not on command prompt. Hoping someone can help with this.How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting? [​IMG]

:)

Westo48, Feb 16, 2020

2. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly. I don't want to use black accents.

FrozenFireVR, Feb 16, 2020
  3. How do I change the Font Color to white? of the Title bar Windows 10

If you're talking about the registry hack to bring back the dark mode that was in an older version of the insider previews, it doesn't seem to break anything in the public Win 10. Neither does the Theme hack...or the combination...I'm using a combo of the
    two with no problem. I'm not in the Win10 insider program, though I wish I were. I hope the white text on title bars stays in and becomes a public upgrade unlike the dark theme.

For Reference: Here are the methods I used to get to Windows 10 "Dark Theme Mode" and colorize my title bars. The Dark Theme Mode requires registry editing...don't do it if you're not comfortable with this, as you can really screw up your system if you make
    a mistake.

Here is the link to instructions for the Dark Theme Mode:

Windows 10: How to enable Dark Theme mode, upgrade Home to Pro edition

Here is the link to instructions for the title bar change:

Install Aerolite Theme in Windows 10

Again, I haven't had any problems with these.

Ruthie.Rayne, Feb 16, 2020
  4. djp42 Win User

Title Bar Colour Change ???

I had the same problem. The themes don't do the trick, but this workaround does.

How To Change Title Bar Color In Windows 10

Just take it step by step.

djp42, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting? - Similar Threads - fix title bars

2. How do I change my system so it shows apps, title bars, etc in dark grey?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my system so it shows apps, title bars, etc in dark grey?: There was some system update last night and now I seem to be only able to pick between white and black modes, both of which I find very hard on the eyes. I have tried looking at "Colours" and "Themes" in the setting, but none of those say how I can change back to the old...
  3. How do I change my system so it shows apps, title bars, etc in dark grey?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my system so it shows apps, title bars, etc in dark grey?: There was some system update last night and now I seem to be only able to pick between white and black modes, both of which I find very hard on the eyes. I have tried looking at "Colours" and "Themes" in the setting, but none of those say how I can change back to the old...
  4. How do i change that to dark mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change that to dark mode?: I have a HP laptop running on a genuine Windows 11, i have researched about my problem a lot, but i just couldnt seem to find the answer. I dont know if the feature is still not available yet but if it is I'd really appreciate some help. My problem is that when i turn on Dark...
  5. How do i change that to dark mode?

How do i change that to dark mode?: I have a HP laptop running on a genuine Windows 11, i have researched about my problem a lot, but i just couldnt seem to find the answer. I dont know if the feature is still not available yet but if it is I'd really appreciate some help. My problem is that when i turn on Dark...
  6. How do I change the colour of the title bar in this application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the colour of the title bar in this application: Hello there! This Messenger app is actually just a shortcut or a chrome app you can say that I have created for my convineance but it looks ugly. I've tried going to Settings>Personalization>Colours and checking the Title bars and windows borders options uder show the accent...
  7. How do I change the colour of the title bar in this application

How do I change the colour of the title bar in this application: Hello there! This Messenger app is actually just a shortcut or a chrome app you can say that I have created for my convineance but it looks ugly. I've tried going to Settings>Personalization>Colours and checking the Title bars and windows borders options uder show the accent...
  8. How do I change the colour of the title bar in this application

9. sites in app mode - how to change the title bar color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sites in app mode - how to change the title bar color?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_kjb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h84og5/sites_in_app_mode_how_to_change_the_title_bar/
  10. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode: I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly. I don't want to use black accents....