Windows 10: How do I get Photo Viewer to come up on clean install of Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I get Photo Viewer to come up on clean install of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good Day. I installed Windows 10 Professional x64 on a clean drive, added the software and updates and I can't get Photo Viewer to be set as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theaudioanalyst, Dec 17, 2018.

1. How do I get Photo Viewer to come up on clean install of Windows 10?

Good Day.

I installed Windows 10 Professional x64 on a clean drive, added the software and updates and I can't get Photo Viewer to be set as the default Photo Software. I verified photoviewer.dll present in both 32 and 64 bit Program Files Folders. I ran the registry merge to Activate Windows Photo Viewer and checked the Registry and the updates were merged into the Registry, but the option to choose Windows Photo Viewer as a default will not come up.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Stu

:)

theaudioanalyst, Dec 17, 2018
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How do I get Photo Viewer to come up on clean install of Windows 10? [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Artemus69 Win User
    I did a clean install of Windows 10 and I no longer have Photo Viewer available

I did a clean install of Windows 10 and I no longer have Photo Viewer available. I cannot assign it as the default program (it doesn't show up in the list of programs available to assign as default). How do I find and install the Photo Viewer that I
    had in Windows 8.1 Pro?

Artemus69, Dec 17, 2018
  4. LemP Win User

How do I get Photo Viewer to come up on clean install of Windows 10?

windows photo viewer

Reverting to Windows 7 from Windows 10 often does not work well. The usual recommendation is to do a clean install of Windows 7.

Your problem may be caused by the fact that Windows 10 doesn't have Windows Photo Viewer in the right-click context menu by default. Depending on how you got back to Windows 7 after having installed Windows 10, the necessary entries in your registry may
    still be missing. There is a reg file download to get Photo Viewer into the Windows 10 context menu, but I don't know if the registry entries in Windows 7 would be the same as those in Windows 10.

A. Before you get into registry edits, however, I assume you've done the following, but just in case you haven't ...

• Right-click on an image file and select Open with > Choose default program
    • If Windows Photo Viewer is listed, select it, make sure the box to "Always use this program to open this type of file" is checked, and click OK
    • If Windows Photo Viewer isn't in the list of "Recommended Programs" be sure to check in the list of "Other Programs" as well

B. You can also take a look in Control Panel:

• Click Start, type Default Programs into the Search box, and press Enter
    • Click "Set your default programs"
    • Scroll down to Windows Photo Viewer is in the list, select it, and then click either "Set this program as default" or "Choose defaults for this program"

C. If you did the above and Photo Viewer wasn't listed anywhere, first make sure that you have the necessary files (you probably do).

Look in C:\Program Files (and, if you have a 64-bit system, also look in C:\Program Files (x86)

• Do you have a folder named WindowsPhotoViewer ?

How do I get Photo Viewer to come up on clean install of Windows 10? 6699b540-4491-4459-a9bb-447eb54c1fd7?upload=true.jpg

D. Then back up your registry. Probably the easiest method is to make a System Restore point. Click Start, type Create Restore into the Search box, and press Enter. Follow the prompts to create a manual restore point.

E. Go here: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/restore-windows-photo-viewer-in-windows-10.9741/#option2

Download "Restore_Windows_Photo_Viewer_ALL_USERS.reg" by clicking the button in "Step 2"

Follow steps 5 through 8. For step 9, do the steps in part A
    above.

If you get odd behavior or this method just doesn't work, use System Restore to restore the registry from your manual restore point.
    Don't wait too long to decide to do this -- restore points do get deleted after some time. Click Start, type System Restore into the Search box, and press Enter.

Thema:

How do I get Photo Viewer to come up on clean install of Windows 10?

1. How do I get Photo Viewer to come up on clean install of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer clean

2. How do I perform a clean install of Windows 10 on a new computer that comes with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I perform a clean install of Windows 10 on a new computer that comes with Windows 11?: How do I perform a clean install of Windows 10 on a new computer that comes with Windows 11?Windows 10 is the operating system required in order to perform programming on Fire alarm systems. I'm not sure where to obtain the Windows 10 Pro Software...
  3. How do i get lightroom to come up as an option in the Microsoft photo editing app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get lightroom to come up as an option in the Microsoft photo editing app?: Hello, I am in the windows photo editing app and the share option to do further work with the image does not bring up lightroom as one of the choices. It gives photo legacy, HP Quick drop and one other. How do i get lightroom to get on that list of options?Thank you...
  4. How do i get lightroom to come up as an option in the Microsoft photo editing app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get lightroom to come up as an option in the Microsoft photo editing app?: Hello, I am in the windows photo editing app and the share option to do further work with the image does not bring up lightroom as one of the choices. It gives photo legacy, HP Quick drop and one other. How do i get lightroom to get on that list of options?Thank you...
  5. How do I install the windows photo viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install the windows photo viewer in Windows 11: How do I install Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-the-windows-photo-viewer-in/20fcd9d9-d3a5-4261-9253-71619aa3320b
  6. How do I install the windows photo viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install the windows photo viewer in Windows 11: How do I install Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-the-windows-photo-viewer-in/20fcd9d9-d3a5-4261-9253-71619aa3320b
  7. Black screen comes up every once and a while on Windows 10, plus how do I clean install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen comes up every once and a while on Windows 10, plus how do I clean install...: I've been getting a black screen that lasts about a second every now and than on my Windows 10 laptop. how do i fix that? also how do I clean install the Linux Mint Operating System on my Windows 10 Laptop. I don't want to use Windows 10....
  8. microsoft windows - can't get photos to come up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft windows - can't get photos to come up: Solution for all non-geeks like me - Use Yahoo in lieu of Microsoft - photos are about the same anyway... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-cant-get-photos-to-come-up/2c4eddd1-49f3-438f-8d45-06bb8ef67d62
  9. How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10: How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10. My not accept photos fro my Canon elf vamera which ate not .jpeg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-photo-viewer-in-windows-10/7354905c-2e0f-4725-b84a-31053608623c
  10. How do I get the old photo viewer back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get the old photo viewer back?: How do I get the old (win7/8) photo viewer back in windows 10? The windows 10 Photos app takes 30 seconds to open every time you want to view an image, which is just unacceptable. I used to be able to change it back after every windows update via the "default apps"...