Windows 10: How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed.

Discus and support How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed. in Cortana to solve the problem; How Do I Get Rid Of Cortana. Since this showed up on my computer (I never asked for it, I think it might be a virus) everything is screwed up.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by William May, Jun 2, 2019.

1. How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed.

How Do I Get Rid Of Cortana. Since this showed up on my computer (I never asked for it, I think it might be a virus) everything is screwed up.

:)

William May, Jun 2, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

How to get rid of all the tips and cortana garbage on search toolbar?

Hi, I don't have anything like that appearing as i've never configured more than the most basic Cortana settings.

Try Notebook (icon left on Cortana), Lists - clear those.

How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed. [​IMG]

Likewise, check for any Reminders

- you've shown the search field for Cortana at the bottom of your screenshots.

(And remember there's one top right of file explorer too).

Try this:
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Windows 10 Help Forums

dalchina, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 2, 2019
  4. How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed.

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed.

1. How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed. - Similar Threads - rid Cortana Since

2. How the h-three-eleven do I get rid of cortana???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How the h-three-eleven do I get rid of cortana???: I have an old laptop I'm trying to breathe new life into with a lean install of Windows 10. because I'm a masochist One example of fat I'd like to trim is cortana. I've tried uninstalling it through powershell but when I restart, cortana is still there and functioning. Yes, I...
  3. How the h-three-eleven do I get rid of cortana???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How the h-three-eleven do I get rid of cortana???: I have an old laptop I'm trying to breathe new life into with a lean install of Windows 10. because I'm a masochist One example of fat I'd like to trim is cortana. I've tried uninstalling it through powershell but when I restart, cortana is still there and functioning. Yes, I...
  4. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  5. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  6. I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?

in Cortana
    I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?: Cortana has been uninstalled - I have a right side pop-up. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-rid-of-cortana-how-i-do-that/86412021-d161-4646-bf9e-8652ce80b142
  7. How can I get rid of Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of Cortana?: I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never will, and it annoys me that the application is always open, shows up in my task view and consumes my RAM. Is there any way to...
  8. How do I get Cortana to shut up?

How do I get Cortana to shut up?: I occasionally use Cortana to quickly take me to a Windows setting, app, or whatever. In the past, when I clicked on it, I got a text box to type into. I did a Windows update yesterday and now Cortana won't just find things by text like I want -- she wants to get to know me....
  9. How do I get Cortana to shut up?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get Cortana to shut up?: I occasionally use Cortana to quickly take me to a Windows setting, app, or whatever. In the past, when I clicked on it, I got a text box to type into. I did a Windows update yesterday and now Cortana won't just find things by text like I want -- she wants to get to know me....
  10. cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it

in Cortana
    cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it: After years of use, suddenly something called "cortana" showed up and I can't get my search box to work anymore because this thing is getting in the way. How do I go back to just having a usable search box? I did not do anything that I'm aware of to cause this. I tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Coranta help me to get rid of the driver that I just installed. I do not want

2. ask cortana by typing

3. get rid of cortana