Windows 10: how do I get rid of the blue chevrons on my files

Discus and support how do I get rid of the blue chevrons on my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had to wipe my laptop clean and now I can't view my image files on thumbnails but instead they are now blue with 2 peaks and chevrons. How do i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VanessaHoward9, May 25, 2020.

1. how do I get rid of the blue chevrons on my files

I have had to wipe my laptop clean and now I can't view my image files on thumbnails but instead they are now blue with 2 peaks and chevrons. How do i get them back to the normal view?

:)

VanessaHoward9, May 25, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how do I get rid of the blue squares on thumbnails?

Hi dark

That blue square with the chevron (>>) indicates you have Norton BackItUp or Norton 360 installed on your PC and those files are being synced or backed up by that software . . .

Open the Old Control Panel, go to Programs and Features, do you see Norton software in the list of installed Apps?

DaveM121, May 25, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

how do I get rid of the blue chevrons on my files [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, May 25, 2020
  4. Sajer Win User

how do I get rid of the blue chevrons on my files

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. how do I get rid of the blue chevrons on my files :)

Sajer, May 25, 2020
Thema:

how do I get rid of the blue chevrons on my files

1. how do I get rid of the blue chevrons on my files - Similar Threads - rid blue chevrons

2. How do I get rid of this blue circle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this blue circle?: Whenever I move my mouse at a rapid speed, at any direction. A blue circle keeps appearing on my cursor, the only way I can get rid of it is by clicking, but it always gets in the way of my games and is extremely annoying. I've had this problem since I've gotten this laptop....
  3. How do I get rid of this blue circle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this blue circle?: Whenever I move my mouse at a rapid speed, at any direction. A blue circle keeps appearing on my cursor, the only way I can get rid of it is by clicking, but it always gets in the way of my games and is extremely annoying. I've had this problem since I've gotten this laptop....
  4. How do I get rid of DropBox files

How do I get rid of DropBox files: I created a DropBox account to backup my files and instead discovered that my Document files, my Pictures, and my Videos were all missing. I finally found out how to get back my Document files, half of my Videos, but none of my pictures. The Picture files will show up in...
  5. How do i get rid of the blue screen in my laptop

How do i get rid of the blue screen in my laptop: Can someone please help me, so i downloaded a software it looks safe but when i runned it, nothing popped up then i realized it was a scam! my screen turned blue with a sad face in it, please help!...
  6. What is this blue icon and how do I get rid of it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is this blue icon and how do I get rid of it: After removing my microsoft onedrive, this icon has appeared on all my files. How do I get rid of it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-blue-icon-and-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it/d91c33fd-3e58-4457-8f21-3c05652e838c
  7. how do I get rid of the blue squares on thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I get rid of the blue squares on thumbnails?: I don't know why, but small blue squares with > >have appeared on my thumbnails. They're very annoying - how do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-blue-squares-on-thumbnails/3a7a36ad-0aa3-48bb-9ca6-fa2608b930c1"
  8. what are the blue arrows and how do i get rid?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what are the blue arrows and how do i get rid?: what are the blue arrows and how do i get rid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-blue-arrows-and-how-do-i-get-rid/244494c4-685e-4e77-b8b8-89c35f97abbf
  9. how do i get rid of the blue outline?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i get rid of the blue outline?: this blue outline is very annoying and I do not like it. very time you do a update I have a problem and have to spend hours/days reading on the web to solve the problem which is a waste of my time because I still have the problems. yes, that right problems. 1st: I want to...
  10. How do i get rid of the blue screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i get rid of the blue screen?: once in 24h smth like that my laptop hp notebook ay-002nq its crushing the blue screen which says : " stop code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED " " What failed bcmwl63a.sys" 74336