Windows 10: How do I get taskbar to stop showing me active application windows altogether?

Discus and support How do I get taskbar to stop showing me active application windows altogether? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In a nutshell: I've got a dock app on the bottom of the screen a la MacOS and it shows me the app icons I've docked to it as well as icons for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/charliecastel, Apr 30, 2020.

1. How do I get taskbar to stop showing me active application windows altogether?

In a nutshell:

I've got a dock app on the bottom of the screen a la MacOS and it shows me the app icons I've docked to it as well as icons for my active application windows. I moved my taskbar up to the top of my screen and I just want it to show me the windows menu, the magnifying glass for windows search, the app tray and the day/date/time. I don't want to see the icons for the active applications. Is there any way to get it to stop showing me those?

Edit: I basically want my Windows 10 taskbar to function like the menu bar in MacOS

submitted by /u/charliecastel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/charliecastel, Apr 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 23, 2020
  3. Eddo51 Win User
    Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

Maybe my comment was ambiguous. I want the list to show longer. When I hover on a taskbar icon, it shows the list for about 4 seconds and then stops showing. I want to show the list of open windows to show as long as I hover over the taskbar icon.

Eddo51, May 23, 2020
  4. rui06 Win User

How do I get taskbar to stop showing me active application windows altogether?

Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar

Hi All,

the issue is fairly simple and visible issue, active windows/applications icons are no longer being displayed in the taskbar.

It was working before and then stopped despite restarting the computer several times and trying different methods to fix this.

This is a freshly W10 Home 64 bits installation, all updates done. Alt + tab does work to shift through apps/windows.

• MICROSOFT ONLINE SUPPORT

it's paying which is big pill to swallow when you paid for a W10 Home Licence

• FUNCTIONING workaround (needs to be done every system restart though)

Restarting the explorer process every time the system is restarted

A bit desperate and not keen to reinstall the entire system just because of one misfuncionning process or setting

How do I get taskbar to stop showing me active application windows altogether? [​IMG]

rui06, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I get taskbar to stop showing me active application windows altogether?

1. How do I get taskbar to stop showing me active application windows altogether? - Similar Threads - taskbar stop showing

2. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  3. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  4. How do I get the weather to show in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the weather to show in my taskbar?: I have the widget icon in the bottom right corner of my taskbar. How do I get the weather to appear in the taskbar? I am using Windows 11 Home...
  5. How do I get the weather to show in my taskbar?

How do I get the weather to show in my taskbar?: I have the widget icon in the bottom right corner of my taskbar. How do I get the weather to appear in the taskbar? I am using Windows 11 Home...
  6. Bottom Taskbar doesnt show mark for active application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom Taskbar doesnt show mark for active application: my bottom taskbar doesnt show mark like blue lines for active apps, but when i change to top, left, or right it will show BottomTopRightLeft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bottom-taskbar-doesnt-show-mark-for-active/0848a995-46ff-4204-8345-e3e008dfddf4
  7. Bottom Taskbar doesnt show mark for active application

Bottom Taskbar doesnt show mark for active application: my bottom taskbar doesnt show mark like blue lines for active apps, but when i change to top, left, or right it will show BottomTopRightLeft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bottom-taskbar-doesnt-show-mark-for-active/0848a995-46ff-4204-8345-e3e008dfddf4
  8. Bottom Taskbar doesnt show mark for active application

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. how do i activate the com+ applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i activate the com+ applications: I am trying to use my western digital backup and running into some errors. Below is what western digital Yes i can see that the backup application is not being run on the windows here , as the drive is completely fine , this is just due to some services on windows which...
  10. How do I show the Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I show the Taskbar?: How do I always show the taskbar? I don't have a keyboard so I use the on-screen one. I need to use my keyboard in an app that hides the taskbar....