Windows 10: How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it?

Discus and support How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it? in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MichaelDrayton1, Jan 15, 2020.

1. How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it?

How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it?

:)

MichaelDrayton1, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

Most likely Tablet Mode, as dmholt57 suggests.

Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Another posibility is accidentally pressing F11 which switches a browser to full screen mode.

3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 15, 2020
  4. kathylori Win User

How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it?

search bar at the top of my screen

how do you get rid of the search bar at the top of your screen if you dont have cortana

kathylori, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it? - Similar Threads - cortana bar top

2. How do I get my touch screen back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my touch screen back?: Hello! My computer is brand new I got it two days ago, and the touch screen isn't working. When I was setting it up for the first time, the touch screen worked, but now it doesn't, and I'm not sure why. When I go in and view the "pen and touch" setting, it says that "no pen...
  3. How do I get my touch screen back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my touch screen back?: Hello! My computer is brand new I got it two days ago, and the touch screen isn't working. When I was setting it up, the touch screen worked, but now it doesn't, and I'm not sure why. When I go in and view the "pen and touch" setting, it says that "no pen or touch input is...
  4. How do I get my horizontal scroll bar back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my horizontal scroll bar back?: I looked at many sites and YouTube before asking. All the things they suggested did not work. I can't get my horizontal scroll bar. Please help me asap. Thanks....
  5. How do I get my horizontal scroll bar back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my horizontal scroll bar back?: I looked at many sites and YouTube before asking. All the things they suggested did not work. I can't get my horizontal scroll bar. Please help me asap. Thanks....
  6. somehow I changed the task bar from the top to the side of my screen. How do I get it to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    somehow I changed the task bar from the top to the side of my screen. How do I get it to...: Somehow I changed my task bar ? from the top of my screen to on the left side. I've done this before years ago but don't remember how I fixed it. Pls help...
  7. How do I get this annoying bar off the top of my screen??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get this annoying bar off the top of my screen??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FishFilletYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr8yg4/how_do_i_get_this_annoying_bar_off_the_top_of_my/
  8. I have this black search bar on top of my screen. How do I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have this black search bar on top of my screen. How do I get rid of it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlwaysAdam569 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg603x/i_have_this_black_search_bar_on_top_of_my_screen/
  9. how do i get my tool bar and faverites back

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get my tool bar and faverites back: how do i get my tool bar and faverites back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-tool-bar-and-faverites-back/4f9a104e-492a-4bbb-a7f9-c159e904d65e
  10. How do I get rid of the top bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of the top bar?: I figured this would be hard to explain, so I made a screenshot:[ATTACH] I don't know how this got there- I messed around with the settings and tried everything, but I couldn't seem to fix this. If anyone knows how to fix this, please reply....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I get Cortana back on my computer somehow I got deleted