Windows 10: How do I get the old photo viewer back?

Discus and support How do I get the old photo viewer back? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I get the old (win7/8) photo viewer back in windows 10? The windows 10 Photos app takes 30 seconds to open every time you want to view an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Literally Everyone, Oct 10, 2018.

1. How do I get the old photo viewer back?

How do I get the old (win7/8) photo viewer back in windows 10?

The windows 10 Photos app takes 30 seconds to open every time you want to view an image, which is just unacceptable.

I used to be able to change it back after every windows update via the "default apps" setting but the old photo viewer is no longer presented as an option in there.

:)

Literally Everyone, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Clark Ari Win User

photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Oct 10, 2018
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How do I get the old photo viewer back? [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Oct 10, 2018
  4. becca Win User

How do I get the old photo viewer back?

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Thanks! I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure it's probably something I did on my end....

I tried the 'undo' but photo viewer was still there after I did that. I did step #3 again and it's still the same. I can still rearrange, but can't view in that order. I don't see the photo viewer listed twice under 'open with'.

Any insights? Thanks!

becca, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

How do I get the old photo viewer back?

1. How do I get the old photo viewer back? - Similar Threads - old photo viewer

2. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  3. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  4. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I get the old trimmer back?

How do I get the old trimmer back?: The new trim function is horrendous and ruins the image quality. The previous Video editor was well-made and functioned as intended. Same with the trim function on Photos. I tried using Photo Legacy, but unfortunately, it still redirects me to that 'ClipChamp' application,...
  6. How do I get the old trimmer back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get the old trimmer back?: The new trim function is horrendous and ruins the image quality. The previous Video editor was well-made and functioned as intended. Same with the trim function on Photos. I tried using Photo Legacy, but unfortunately, it still redirects me to that 'ClipChamp' application,...
  7. How do I get the old trimmer back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I got the old windows photos viewer back but now it's gone

I got the old windows photos viewer back but now it's gone: So I followed Brink's tutorial to get it back again and no matter what I do I can't get it back. any suggestions would be very welcomed The one I am looking for is this one, I also included my windows version 179374
  9. How do I get the old file back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get the old file back?: At first I didn't think I'd have a reason to need the old version of Rick428. But yesterday when I found the file I wanted to save and called it Rick428, I was asked do I want to replace it. Yes, I did. When I saw Rick428 twice in my list of downloads I realized I could...
  10. Get Windows photo viewer back ..

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Windows photo viewer back ..: Hi All Just got new Dell XPX13 came with wds10 .. and it missing windows photo viewer like 7 or 8.1 .. Can I install it to wds10 and where do i get it ..? Thanks 16620