Windows 10: How do I get Windows Defender to stop McAfee and Norton from taking over a website I'm viewing?

Discus and support How do I get Windows Defender to stop McAfee and Norton from taking over a website I'm viewing? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Situation: I am searching through websites, like Zillow. I am searching through homes on the website and it'll freeze. Either McAfee or Norton display... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Need_Help_with Windows, Apr 12, 2020.

1. How do I get Windows Defender to stop McAfee and Norton from taking over a website I'm viewing?

Situation: I am searching through websites, like Zillow. I am searching through homes on the website and it'll freeze. Either McAfee or Norton display and say my subscription is expiring and click on the link to renew. I never had McAfee or Norton on my computer. My computer came with Windows Defender installed. McAfee and Norton are not pop ups - they take over the entire page. The website I was viewing disappears. There is no 'X' to check since it's not a pop up. If I click the back button it does not relink to the website I was just on. Instead, I would need to go back to bing and search for it all over again. I've tried restarting my computer, but it does not solve the issue. I opened Windows Defender and ran the virus scan, it completed and does not show any threats. I also make sure my popup blocker is on - it is. I go back to another website, start searching through their products, again the screen freezes, then either McAfee or Norton take over the page.

Why isn't my Windows Defender stopping this from happening?

:)

Need_Help_with Windows, Apr 12, 2020

2. Using Norton and Windows Defender is advisable?

Hi read this and decide! I don't think they will run together!

Do you still need antivirus in 2018? Absolutely ... but ...

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10

Are you suggesting windows is designed to exclude NORTON don't like Norton or you selling Surface Pro or Bitdefender your first link.

And third party programs can uninstall windows defender just as windows defender takes of third party programs when you reset.

Besides Windows Defender is a lot of crap, Microsoft cant take over everything they tried everything and they need some friends right now. There are websites out there auction houses , Banks , McAfee Norton Trusteer Rapport Enterprise

Microsoft you answer this question .

Sometimes your the Statue and sometimes your the Bird

OctavianQR, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Dorene14 Win User
    MacAfee, Norton anti virus

I was able to uninstall the Norton program but cant seem to uninstall McAfee. When I select and try to uninstall it says wait til the program finishes (or something similar) but this has been a long while and nothing seems to happen. (I rebooted and same
    thing happens.) I tried to follow instructions on how to remove McAfee products from a PC (I don't know if m PC is running Linux. It's an HP Pavillion with intel so I proceeded to Step 1.)

I selected Windows 10 but no success. Should I do Step 2, download MCPR. I assume I can search MCPR to get the download?

Another thing, after I uninstalled Norton, I was able to select Windows Defender from the programs list, but now that I am trying to remove McAfee, I can no longer see Windows Defender on the list.

Dorene14, Apr 12, 2020
  4. NWZ
    Nwz Win User

How do I get Windows Defender to stop McAfee and Norton from taking over a website I'm viewing?

Windows Defender vs Norton 360

Hi there,

And personally I was using Norton then switched to McAfee, and avast and to be quite frank they were all causing some problem hence, the constant switching then I went to use defender and the device runs smooth and no over-heating or any other issues I
    encountered with McAfee or Norton the worst one was avira.

Personally windows defender is good and it fits perfectly with windows, and doesn't cause any issues so I suggest you keep using defender.

But if you still would like to try other software you can always download a trial version and compare for yourself..

Hope this helps

Thema:

How do I get Windows Defender to stop McAfee and Norton from taking over a website I'm viewing?

1. How do I get Windows Defender to stop McAfee and Norton from taking over a website I'm viewing? - Similar Threads - Defender stop McAfee

2. How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection: How do I switch from McAfee antivirus protection to Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-mcafee-to-window-defender-for/fc641720-c141-4dd5-8620-f52e994663cb
  3. How do I stop a McAfee popup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I stop a McAfee popup?: On my new client I uninstalled Mcafee in appwiz.cpl, i can't find a mcafee entry in 'apps' and still seeing this. Dear Microsoft please stop wasting my time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-a-mcafee-popup/ffacf0b3-31ec-4ec9-bda5-cf6d737670ef
  4. How do I remove McAfee and get Windows Defender firewall running?

How do I remove McAfee and get Windows Defender firewall running?: My McAfee free month that was preinstalled is over and I want to remove it and turn on my Windows Defender firewall but when I try to delete McAfee, it says I need administrative permission. I am the sole owner and user of this PC. How do I access and set myself up as the...
  5. How Do I Stop Windows 10 from Taking Over my Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Stop Windows 10 from Taking Over my Computer: Windows 10 will suddenly start using all resources available. I've at times had to put it to sleep or shut it off to make it stop. I just switched off automated updates trying to protect my computer from the near 100% resource use. It completely takes over. Going to Task...
  6. how to replace mcafee with norton in windows 10

how to replace mcafee with norton in windows 10: Purchased 2 new windows 10 computers that came with McAfee security software installed. Already have Norton security installed on 2 older computers which these will replace. How do remove McAfee and reinstall Norton on the new computers?...
  7. OneNote has take over ... how do I stop it?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote has take over ... how do I stop it?: This is an HP Pavilion laptop. It has an HP printer installed and I've printed happily for a long time. Recently all my install files suddenly disappeared and now I can't print at all. Uninstalled and re-installed printer (with HP CD) and also ran HP trouble shooter...
  8. Do I need any other protection other than Windows Defender,such as McAFee or Norton?

Do I need any other protection other than Windows Defender,such as McAFee or Norton?: Do I need any other protection other than Windows Defender,such as McAFee or Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/security/64bc530f-a1e5-42e3-808e-c8dbe389ccb7
  9. how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?

how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?: What would suggest I do, McAfee came pre installed on my HP Laptop. My "free" subscription ends in a few days and I noticed that my Windows Defender does NOT work. It is grayed out because of McAfee as I have learned reading other posts on this board. Other AV programs have...
  10. How do I start windows defender with Norton?

How do I start windows defender with Norton?: I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Norton AV, Now the windows Defender icon has a red X and says action needed. I cant start it from the control panel, how do I start it through Norton? To clarify I mean the windows firewall doesnt seem to be on. 103570

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mcafee-pop-ups-how-do-i-stop-these/9154499a-e6b3-4885-a40a-1ff68ef34d7f

2. switch off McAfee and turn on Windows Defender

3. mcafee and norton take over my internet page

4. when viewing zillow i get a norton popup,
  5. norton install on new pc windows defender,
  6. how to switch from mcafee to defender lenovo,
  7. how to switch from mcafee to windows defender,
  8. wont to use windows defender instead of macafee,
  9. how to remove mcafee pop ups from windows 10,
  10. windows defender remove fake norton pop ups