Windows 10: How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?

Discus and support How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Folks, Before I wiped my Windows 7 install, I exported my IE11 favorites into an HTM file, "bookmark", by using IE11's "export" feature. My clean... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by iamc3k, Jan 1, 2016.

1. iamc3k Win User

How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?

Folks,

Before I wiped my Windows 7 install, I exported my IE11 favorites into an HTM file, "bookmark", by using IE11's "export" feature.

My clean Windows 10 install only has 2 browsers: Edge and Chrome. I do not want to install IE11.

How do I get the saved favorites/bookmarks to be imported into Edge? There is no browse function. Edge only allows an automatic import, and that seems to require a functioning IE11 install.

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Jan 1, 2016

2. How do I import Favorites into Windows 10

I've moved your question to a thread in IE11/Windows 10.

How do I import Favorites into Windows 10

Please see if my post in this thread helps you import Favorites.

Don

Don Varnau, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Larry245 Win User
    How do I import Favorites into Windows 10

What about on Windows 10? This talks about Windows 8.

Larry245, Jan 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 1, 2016
  5. iamc3k Win User
    Total PITA.

Rename saved HTM file. (You need to open "View" and check the "show extension" box, even if you have details selected.) Rename with "html" extension. Say "okay" to the warning box. Open Chrome. Import HTML favorites. Open Edge. Import Bookmarks from Chrome.

Really? Saving bookmarks from one MS browser to another needs a third-party browser. Sigh.

Edited to add: x-posted with Brink. (There's NO WAY you're one man! "Brink" has to be a roomful of programmers. Just sayin'... I didn't know IE11 was built in to W10. Thanks.

iamc3k, Jan 1, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad to hear you got them imported. *Smile

Brink, Jan 1, 2016
  7. iamc3k Win User
    ...and now I understand all the gripes about Edge not allowing bookmarks to be managed. Wow.

iamc3k, Jan 1, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yeah, they're definitely not manageable like for IE.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge? - Similar Threads - import saved IE11

2. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  3. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save favorite passwords in Edge: I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop in EDGE. So far, so good. however I cannot get the passwords to save for favorites I've used forever. Any ideas?...
  4. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.: Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317
  5. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...
  6. IE11 favorites issue

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 favorites issue: I deleted the favorites folder in Users/me,,,to created a new one ,it did create the new favorites folder but it will now not let me save any favorites ,or i replaced the new folder with the old backed up one ,and it will not show the favorites even though they are in the...
  7. How do I import HTM bookmark/favorites into Edge correctly?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import HTM bookmark/favorites into Edge correctly?: Hi everyone, This is my first post on the forum. I tried Windows 10 over a year ago but decided to go back to 8.1. Ive decided to come over to Windows 10 permanently now so bare with me Im a total Windows 10 novice!!! :-) My question is about importing bookmarks in the Edge...
  8. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  9. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  10. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...