Windows 10: How do i increase brightness in windows 10 fall creator update

Discus and support How do i increase brightness in windows 10 fall creator update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Since i updated my windows 10 to fall creator update, all become so dark, and i cant find any brightness setting. any help? Is it my gpu driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by GxlSins, Oct 17, 2017.

1. GxlSins Win User

How do i increase brightness in windows 10 fall creator update

Since i updated my windows 10 to fall creator update, all become so dark, and i cant find any brightness setting.
    any help? Is it my gpu driver problem?
    Thanks

:)

GxlSins, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Jamigls Win User

Update KB4022405 - Screen brightness/dimming problem

I just saw there was a new Fall Creators Update and THAT fixed my screen brightness.... FINALLY!!!

Jamigls, Oct 17, 2017
  3. how do i go back to a previous windows 10 version from windows 10 creator fall update

how do i go back to a previous windows 10 version from windows 10 creator fall update?

mikeSHANNON2, Oct 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How do i increase brightness in windows 10 fall creator update [​IMG]

See slider at bottom for example. I would guess your monitor has a brightness control option, setting or physical control.

But I wouldn't expect a major change as a result of an upgrade, as you know. However, with the upgrade, it is likely you also have a different driver version.

Is the brightness reduced from boot to lock screen too? BIOS settings? In Safe Mode?

dalchina, Oct 17, 2017
  5. GxlSins Win User

My windows 10 dont have a slider at bottom, and yeah my monitor has a brightness control option but its already 80% brightness, but its just weird, before i update to FCU, the brightness on my windows 10 is just normal. and i wonder why there is no brightness setting in my windows 10 .

Is the brightness reduced from boot to lock screen too? BIOS settings? In Safe Mode?
    No, the brightness reduced after lockscreen .

GxlSins, Oct 17, 2017
  6. GxlSins Win User

My windows 10 dont have a slider at bottom, and yeah my monitor has a brightness control option but its already 80% brightness, but its just weird, before i update to FCU, the brightness on my windows 10 is just normal. and i wonder why there is no brightness setting in my windows 10 .

No, the brightness reduced after lockscreen .

GxlSins, Oct 17, 2017
  7. Barman58 Win User
    Depending on your graphics Subsystem, ( Geek Speak for Card), you should have a bespoke application to adjust screen colours, brightness, contrast and Gamma for the screen or screens display.

With my nVidia I have a right click option on the desktop, but it may be an icon in the system tray or an applet in the control panel (press windows key and type control to locate control panel which still exists despite Microsoft's dislike of it), or even a specific application in your start menu.

This should allow you to calibrate the output from the Card to meet your preferred look

Of course if the issue you have is driver related after the update, then it is likely that it may change back when the graphics driver is next updated and you may have to re-calibrate

Barman58, Oct 17, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 17, 2017
  9. Gramps Win User
    Go into settings, display, and check that the correct color profile is being used, mine changed with the update. Also, check to be sure you have the monitor driver installed.

Gramps, Oct 17, 2017
  10. Barman58 Win User
    @dalchina Are you using a laptop or a desktop as the display options are different dependent on Device type - My desktop has no brightness adjustment it Windows settings but have just remoted into a laptop and that does have the option, Both are using FCU 16299.19 fully patched

Barman58, Oct 17, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    Hi, laptop as per specs.. so I guess you don't have this either

dalchina, Oct 17, 2017
  12. Barman58 Win User
    Not on the Desktop *Wink

What I did see on the laptop was an extra "button" in the notifications Pop up, Far Right of Taskbar, that gave a multi-Toggle of various lighting schemes Bright, Dark, Suggested, Etc which could be handy if you travel to different light areas

Barman58, Oct 17, 2017
  13. dalchina New Member

Yep - that's in the links in my #6 - albeit as the old %ge, not the step changes.

The toggle option is interestingly in the Creator's build (pre-fall) 15063.674

- so Brink's tutorial is out of date... now, how many versions need to be represented in a given tutorial??? *Biggrin

dalchina, Oct 17, 2017
  14. dskiller Win User
    I have a lg monitor and it had the same problems. I had to run windows calibration, and it fixed the darkness issues.

dskiller, Oct 17, 2017
  15. GxlSins Win User
    My monitor is LG too, and i also just fixed it with calibration. Thanks

GxlSins, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

1. How do i increase brightness in windows 10 fall creator update - Similar Threads - increase brightness fall

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Creators Fall Update - How Do I Stop It ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Fall Update - How Do I Stop It ?: Please, how do I stop this MADNESS ? A couple of months ago the Fall update went on. All sorts didn't work, and it caused me loads of agro, so I rolled back to previous version. On Friday, MS kindly turned on my machine (how the hell do they have the right to do that...
  4. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  5. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  6. How do I get the Fall Creator's Update.....

How do I get the Fall Creator's Update.....: .......and is it included with the most recent version of Windows 10 that I get with the Media Creation Tool? 96038
  7. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  8. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  9. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....
  10. How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Beginning today at 10 a.m. P.T., the build 16299.15 will start rolling out to Windows 10 PCs across the world in phases, starting with newer machines first. As with the Creators Update, the key to our phased approach is actively listening to all available feedback...