Windows 10: How do I make a program high priority for the CPU?

Discus and support How do I make a program high priority for the CPU? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Well yeah, the title basically. I tried to look it up but task manager doesn't seem to have the set priority option when I right click, plus I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr__Weasels, May 15, 2020.

1. How do I make a program high priority for the CPU?

Well yeah, the title basically. I tried to look it up but task manager doesn't seem to have the set priority option when I right click, plus I don't wanna do it every time I open it and I'm not sure if the task manager way will work for that

submitted by /u/Mr__Weasels
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mr__Weasels, May 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 15, 2020
  3. Mooly Win User
    Set CPU Process Priority for Applications in Windows 10

Thanks Shawn, I've just tried it and I'm not sure if that's going to do what I want. It doesn't seem to have done at any rate.

Putting this into a command prompt opens the program in high priority:
    start "" /High "C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII\XVIIx64.exe"

but what I really want (if possible) is to be able to click random files (applicable to the program of course) and get it to open in High Priority.

The newly created shortcut following Polo's suggestion opens the program itself correctly, although unfortunately not correctly from clicking random files. If I browse for the file from within LT then its all good.

I hope these images make sense How do I make a program high priority for the CPU? :) It would just be the icing on the cake to be able to do this.

How do I make a program high priority for the CPU? [​IMG]

Mooly, May 15, 2020
  4. How do I make a program high priority for the CPU?

High CPU Usage in Windows 10 Version 1703

Hi,

There are programs that cause high CPU usage by creating multiple processes which consume resources on your computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you using a third-party software or program such as antivirus?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 15, 2020
Thema:

How do I make a program high priority for the CPU?

1. How do I make a program high priority for the CPU? - Similar Threads - program high priority

2. How do I make microsoft programs not small.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make microsoft programs not small.: I installed new drivers because my audio was low on my asus monitor through the help function. The audio is fixed but now microsoft programs and HP programs like edge, office, task manager will not open to the full screen. Before this after I installed the driver I got a...
  3. How do I make microsoft programs not small.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I make microsoft programs not small.: I installed new drivers because my audio was low on my asus monitor through the help function. The audio is fixed but now microsoft programs and HP programs like edge, office, task manager will not open to the full screen. Before this after I installed the driver I got a...
  4. How Do I Stop AddInUtil.exe High CPU Usage?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Stop AddInUtil.exe High CPU Usage?: AddInUtil.exe is using about 30 to 40% of my CPU for minutes at a time. There is nothing else happening that I can see during this. Malwarebytes says I am in the clear.Most fixes that I can find are old as hell and none of them work or are relevant. There doesn't seem to be...
  5. How Do I Stop AddInUtil.exe High CPU Usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Stop AddInUtil.exe High CPU Usage?: AddInUtil.exe is using about 30 to 40% of my CPU for minutes at a time. There is nothing else happening that I can see during this. Malwarebytes says I am in the clear.Most fixes that I can find are old as hell and none of them work or are relevant. There doesn't seem to be...
  6. How Do I Stop AddInUtil.exe High CPU Usage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I make something High Priority in Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I make something High Priority in Taskbar in Windows 10: How do I make something High Priority in Taskbar in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-something-high-priority-in-taskbar/0bc3075f-4035-43e0-bbe3-9cdd2c5bc0a4
  8. is it safe to make a app have a priority set to high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it safe to make a app have a priority set to high: is it safe to make a app have a priority set to high View Poll submitted by /u/Totogogo505 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kd8zd3/is_it_safe_to_make_a_app_have_a_priority_set_to/
  9. How do I set affinity and priority for program permanently/automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set affinity and priority for program permanently/automatically: I have an app that seems to only be stable when given certain cores and a high priority, but each time I open it, I have to manually go into task manager todo this. How do I make it so that its affinity and priority are automatically set to these when I open it?...
  10. How to create a batch file to run a program at high priority?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a batch file to run a program at high priority?: I have tried many ways for changing and saving the priorities to high, for games I play,and they succeeded,but only for one game the priority saves only as ''Above normal'' ! How do I fix this? Please help me!Thanks!