Windows 10: How do i make Windows wake from Sleep from only my mouse

Discus and support How do i make Windows wake from Sleep from only my mouse in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have set it in my BIOS for the event of waking to be OS controlled, i then went into my keyboard/mouse settings in windows and chose the option for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JMacRL, Jul 16, 2017.

1. JMacRL Win User

How do i make Windows wake from Sleep from only my mouse

I have set it in my BIOS for the event of waking to be OS controlled, i then went into my keyboard/mouse settings in windows and chose the option for only my mouse, allow to wake using this device, yet it still does nothing

:)

JMacRL, Jul 16, 2017

2. Sleep and Hibernate settings won't stay on.

I typically see this when the mouse is overly sensitive and the slightest vibration makes it wake up. If you want to experiment and see if that's the case, try this: Prevent
    a Mouse or USB Device from Waking Windows from Sleep Mode

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 16, 2017
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Jul 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, check if your mouse is configured/enabled to do so.

Use this command at a command prompt:

How do i make Windows wake from Sleep from only my mouse [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 16, 2017
  5. JMacRL Win User
    I typed in what u said but with my mouse name and got a message saying Invalid parameters try /? for help

JMacRL, Jul 16, 2017
  6. Wullail Win User
    The mouse name isn't part of the parameters , it's what the "powercfg devicequery wake_armed" command returned as a result *Wink

Wullail, Jul 16, 2017
  7. JMacRL Win User
    okay i did it and it came back with:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Razer DeathAdder Chroma (001), Razer BlackWidow X Chroma (003), HID Keyboard Device (001), Razer DeathAdder Chroma (002)

JMacRL, Jul 16, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Not being familiar with those products, does any of them represent a mouse?

And is each of those effective in waking your PC?

dalchina, Jul 16, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    Try doing these settings (refer to images)
    Restart the computer
    After the computer restarts, put your computer to sleep
    After the computer goes to sleep, try moving your mouse/clicking

pepanee, Jul 16, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 16, 2017
  11. JMacRL Win User
    Razer DeathAdder is my mouse and the black widow x is my keyboard

JMacRL, Jul 16, 2017
  12. JMacRL Win User
    I was in my BIOS and i can make the PC wake from USB using BIOS or i chose it to be OS controlled so i can only use my mouse to wake the PC as they are both USB devices

JMacRL, Jul 16, 2017
  13. JMacRL Win User

i did this and still my mouse wont wake PC

JMacRL, Jul 16, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    - for example, your keyboard is listed. Does that wake your PC- or anything else if there is another peripheral?

Put another way, how do you wake your PC?

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i make Windows wake from Sleep from only my mouse - Similar Threads - wake Sleep mouse

2. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  3. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I wake W10 from sleep mode: Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks...
  4. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I wake W10 from sleep mode: Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks...
  5. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to stop Mouse from waking Windows from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop Mouse from waking Windows from sleep mode: Hi,I want to stop mouse from waking up Windows from sleep mode.I did go into Device Manager->Mice and other pointing devices->HID-Compliant mouseAnd change the Power Management property, to uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer"However, after changing that, and...
  7. How to prevent mouse from waking PC from sleep? Tried Mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to prevent mouse from waking PC from sleep? Tried Mouse properties: Win 10 system, I'm trying to prevent the mouse from waking the PC from sleep since bumping into my desk is sufficient to move the mouse and thus wake up the PC, which is very annoying. Mouse is a Logitech wireless mouse that uses a Logitech unifying receiver. I used this...
  8. Waking pc from sleep with the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waking pc from sleep with the mouse: Up until yesterday, if my pc was in sleep mode and I wanted to use it, I simply had to click the mouse and it would kick into life. That doesn't happen anymore and I can't seem to get the answer. I thought about doing a system restore but I discovered this morning that the...
  9. Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse pointer disappears on wake from sleep: Recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing when the system wakes in Windows 10 Pro. I can still see it highlighting when moving the mouse and the dialog open with a right click. It only comes back if I open the Task Manager or a separate window. Strangely if I manually...
  10. How do I wake up Windows 10 from Sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I wake up Windows 10 from Sleep?: I choose SLEEP and my PC goes to sleep, and there is a light on front of my PC Unit that flashes. But I can't wake Windows 10 up. I tried pressing all buttons on mouse and keyboard, nothing happens *Sad What can I do please? 32641