Windows 10: How do I prevent automatic window resizing?

Discus and support How do I prevent automatic window resizing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 7, I knew how to turn off the annoying (to me) feature that windows were automatically maximized when moved to the edge of the screen. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RobBroekhuis, Sep 18, 2015.

1. How do I prevent automatic window resizing?

In Windows 7, I knew how to turn off the annoying (to me) feature that windows were automatically maximized when moved to the edge of the screen. This option no longer seems to be present in the 'ease of access' settings. Any idea if it can still be disabled?

:)

RobBroekhuis, Sep 18, 2015
  2. Chris De Herrera, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Astronut4 Win User
    How do I prevent automatic sync of my pictures from my ATT Tilt when using Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1?

Solution Found!:

When using an HP Pavilion Elite (m9600t) desktop PC with Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit, and an HP Printer and/or HP Camera that both utilize HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 software: TO PREVENT the ATT Tilt from automatically trying to sync any
    pictures (from the Tilt to PC) and automatically bringing up the HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 software during the sync (which in my case would lock up my Tilt and PC) I used this following procedure:

1) Go to Start and enter: msconfig

2) In the System Configuration go to the Startup tab

3) UNCHECK: PictureMover Application (Manufacturer: HP)

It seems the PictureMover Application causes the HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 to be called up during any sync of my ATT Tilt, therefore, by unchecking it in Startup, I can now sync my ATT Tilt without the HP Photosmart software automatically trying to transfer
    pictures and then locking up my Tilt and PC. (NOTE: I could not find any adjustments in Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1, in AutoPlay settings, or in Default settings.)

Please pass this on.

Thanks,

Frank

Astronut4, Sep 18, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

How do I prevent automatic window resizing?

5. RobBroekhuis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I prevent automatic window resizing?

1. How do I prevent automatic window resizing? - Similar Threads - prevent automatic window

2. How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?: Windows keeps downloading a game I repeatedly uninstall. I have removed the Microsoft Store from my computer and it still shows up every day. How to I prevent this?...
  3. How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?: Windows keeps downloading a game I repeatedly uninstall. I have removed the Microsoft Store from my computer and it still shows up every day. How to I prevent this?...
  4. How do I prevent some automatic File Explorer columns?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent some automatic File Explorer columns?: [IMG] submitted by /u/rpeg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/joo5g9/how_do_i_prevent_some_automatic_file_explorer/
  5. How do I resize displays?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I resize displays?: [ATTACH] I am running both a 1080p and 4k monitor, however, the 4k monitor shows up as much larger than the 1080p monitor even though they are physically similar sizes. this means that if I move my cursor from my 4k monitor to my 1080p monitor it can get stuck in certain...
  6. how to prevent automatic windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to prevent automatic windows update: I wish to check what the windows update does and only install ones I want. There are too many that I do not need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-automatic-windows-update/55cf74a6-0ead-460c-8dc7-71a6e3ac95cb
  7. How do I prevent Skype from automatically loading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I prevent Skype from automatically loading in Windows 10: Hi - How do I prevent Windows 10 Pro 1803 from loading Skype at startup? It's consuming resources on several of my PCs that I'll never use for teleconferencing and I want to recover those resources. Thanks in advance....
  8. How do I disable Edge automatic image resizing

in Browsers and Email
    How do I disable Edge automatic image resizing: In the IE browser, it was simple: Internet options - Advanced - Multimedia - Disable automatic image resizing. In Edge, however, I can't find anything in Settings that will do this. 46946
  9. How can I prevent automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I prevent automatic updates?: I'm a trucker and have no regular hours. I might need the computer any time, day or night. Automatic updates are insufferable. Sometimes I need something from the computer immediately and the automatic updates take over for a half hour at least. In all previous versions of...
  10. How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window?: I am able to resize Windows Explorer perfectly fine when it's run by its own, but when a program such as Snipping Tool or Google Chrome opens up Windows Explorer to save an image or something else, I can't resize it. Can someone please help me with this? It's covering up my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable auto resize windows 10

2. prevent windows from automatically resize

3. stop auto resizing in windows 10

4. diable automatic resizing of windows in windows 10,
  5. stop screen resizing windows 10,
  6. windo resizing,
  7. windows 10 auto resize window,
  8. windows open off screen windows 10,
  9. windows 10 auto resizing,
  10. auto resize windows turn off,
  11. Windows 10 windows automatically resizing,