Windows 10: How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot?

Discus and support How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've noticed that, since I have a lot of fonts, certain programs (such as iTunes, BabelPad, JDownloader 2, and wxMaxima) hang (or won't start) until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stargate38, Oct 2, 2018.

1. How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot?

I've noticed that, since I have a lot of fonts, certain programs (such as iTunes, BabelPad, JDownloader 2, and wxMaxima) hang (or won't start) until the font cache is rebuilt, if they're started immediately after reboot/logon. How do I set it so the cache only rebuilds if the C:\Windows\Fonts folder is changed (fonts added/removed)? It's really annoying to have to wait 1-2 minutes for a rebuild when I'm trying to open a program, especially if it's really important.*Mad It even happens with my Web browser (Pale Moon) if I go to certain sites, such as GitHub.

:)

Stargate38, Oct 2, 2018
  2. leunam12 Win User

Font Problem after update. Some Fonts are not working.

Fonts are not shown in the native font viewer. It is as if they were not installed. Rebuilding the Font Cache fixes it until next reboot.

leunam12, Oct 2, 2018
  3. How to reset Font settings in Windows 10

ty it

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/rebuild-font-cache-in-windows-10.8623/

Long time ago i used NexusFonts and works OK in my Windows 10 Pro. Recently i make fresh install and... i've problems with fonts! On http://www.xiles.net/ i found information * If you having problem on Windows 10 Anniversary Update,
    disable Windows Font Cache Service.

I can not use new fonts on work. I must:

• disable cache service
    • delete font cache
    • reboot computer
    • and maybe... works
    i've problem - when I stopped Font Cache Service and Disable it and save settings after restart sometimes is Disable or sometimes is Enable!!! But I want always
    disable Font cache service!

This is possible solution: http://computerstepbystep.com/windows_front_cache_service.html

Best Regards

Ireneusz Rolnik, Oct 2, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot?

To stop Font Cache rebuilding in VLC (subtitles)

Hi there
    not particularly W10 specific but I know loads of people use VLC.

If you are getting message please wait while font cache is re-built when you have / want subtitles then this method will disable this message and will speed up the process.

https://www.vlchelp.com/how-to-disab...ng-font-cache/

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot?

1. How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot? - Similar Threads - prevent font cache

2. How do I prevent RAM Caching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent RAM Caching?: Is there a way to prevent RAM caching?I have a total of 128GB of RAM. I noticed that everytime my PC starts using above 70GB of RAM programs and other simple tasks completely crash and are unresponsive.Noticed that I have 50GB cached for some reason that are not being...
  3. How do I prevent RAM Caching?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent RAM Caching?: Is there a way to prevent RAM caching?I have a total of 128GB of RAM. I noticed that everytime my PC starts using above 70GB of RAM programs and other simple tasks completely crash and are unresponsive.Noticed that I have 50GB cached for some reason that are not being...
  4. How do I prevent RAM Caching?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  6. Thumbnail Cache Rebuilding Automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail Cache Rebuilding Automatically?: Hi. I have two SSDs in my laptop, one of which contains Windows and a few programs, and the other drive is Bitlocker encrypted and contains documents, pictures and games. I am noticing that just recently, my thumbnail cache has rebuilding itself quite frequently, often after...
  7. I tried to rebuild the icon cache

in Windows 10 Support
    I tried to rebuild the icon cache: I tried to rebuild the icon cache. I had no success whatsoever. Here are my screenshots if anyone has an idea: [img] [img] [img] [img] 136373
  8. To stop Font Cache rebuilding in VLC (subtitles)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To stop Font Cache rebuilding in VLC (subtitles): Hi there not particularly W10 specific but I know loads of people use VLC. If you are getting message please wait while font cache is re-built when you have / want subtitles then this method will disable this message and will speed up the process....
  9. Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 How to Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 The font cache is a file or set of files used by Windows to manage and display the fonts that are installed on your PC. Sometimes the font cache may become corrupted and cause fonts to be...
  10. Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 How to Rebuild the Icon Cache in Windows 10 The icons that display for files in Windows are saved in an icon cache so they can be displayed quickly instead of having to manually scan and slowly load them each time. The icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnail me take long time font cache