Windows 10: How do I reduce the Cortana search box size

Discus and support How do I reduce the Cortana search box size in Cortana to solve the problem; Out of no where the box that opens when I click the cortana icon has more than doubled in size and is completely hideous as it now takes up 1/4th of my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by IonDrako, Apr 3, 2019.

1. IonDrako Win User

How do I reduce the Cortana search box size

Out of no where the box that opens when I click the cortana icon has more than doubled in size and is completely hideous as it now takes up 1/4th of my screen for no reason. I can't seem to find any setting that allows me to revert this travesty of a change and was hoping someone here could help me out. The red line in the image was about how big the box was before. How do I reduce the Cortana search box size 5837d9fd-6cde-4fe5-96da-2fd926967f41?upload=true.png

:)

IonDrako, Apr 3, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Cortana search size...

Hi

A few weeks ago now the size of my Cortana box when using the search box doubled in size... as per this image...

How do I reduce the Cortana search box size [​IMG]

It was still like this last night...

Why, as of this morning BEFORE any update has been done has it gone back to the old size? see below, it is now the same width as the search box again..

How do I reduce the Cortana search box size [​IMG]

I have just updated and it is still the same...

Very confused...

STuart

stuarttunstall, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I reduce the Cortana search box size - Similar Threads - reduce Cortana search

2. How do I reduce header size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reduce header size: How do I reduce the size of my header? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reduce-header-size/31b18bc8-fa0c-4b8e-9458-c98f54c820d3
  3. How do I reduce header size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reduce header size: How do I reduce the size of my header? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reduce-header-size/31b18bc8-fa0c-4b8e-9458-c98f54c820d3
  4. How do I restore the Cortana search box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore the Cortana search box?: I've tried right-clicking the search engine (it's only an icon), but there is no Cortana option. How do I resolve this issue? submitted by /u/victoria_queen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/rix9jb/how_do_i_restore_the_cortana_search_box/
  5. How do I get the Cortana search box?

in Cortana
    How do I get the Cortana search box?: I've been searching online and everything says to right click the task bar and go to the Cortana tab, but I don't have a Cortana tab. The only Cortana related item there is to enable the button to open the Cortana app. I'm also not using small taskbar icons....
  6. how to do i reduce the size of this thing?

how to do i reduce the size of this thing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/itzkitten [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbmy58/how_to_do_i_reduce_the_size_of_this_thing/
  7. How do I reduce the size of the windows search bar?

How do I reduce the size of the windows search bar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Uzatron [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jp7mby/how_do_i_reduce_the_size_of_the_windows_search_bar/
  8. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  9. Cortana search size...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search size...: Hi A few weeks ago now the size of my Cortana box when using the search box doubled in size... as per this image... [img] It was still like this last night... Why, as of this morning BEFORE any update has been done has it gone back to the old size? see below, it is now...
  10. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change size of cortana search box

2. minimize shearch

3. reduce width of search box in windows 10

4. reduce search box size,
  5. reduce size of search box in win 10 1903,
  6. how to reduce the size of the search box,
  7. how to reduce de search bar in windows 10,
  8. how to resize cortana,
  9. change width of cortana search box,
  10. how do decrease the size of cortana size,
  11. make the cortana box smaller,