Windows 10: How do I remove the threat detection history from windows defender GUI.

Discus and support How do I remove the threat detection history from windows defender GUI. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a secret to removing the threat detection history from windows defender GUI. I understand that the threats detection history items that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChristinaShonts, May 20, 2020.

1. How do I remove the threat detection history from windows defender GUI.

Is there a secret to removing the threat detection history from windows defender GUI.

I understand that the threats detection history items that reside there wont do me any harm. In theory.

However,

there are many items in my history view. It makes it difficult to sort through them. I have no way of knowing those Ive dealt with and those I havent. Upon threat detection, I look at the item and make a decision on the item. I have many tools that are instantly detected as threats Nirsoft Utilities seem to be particularly notorious but they are totally safe

The problem is I cant seem to get through the whole list of threat without loosing my place. My detection history is quite large, but most of those items arent real threats. I included a screenshot. And all those items are from today only.

It is possible that I have an actual threat. And I do remember being able to easily delete detection history items at some point. Removing the detection history item allows me to keep track of things that I have reviewed and those I havent The interface has changed though. Please help. This is driving me absolutely insane. Where did the remove from history option go? How do I remove the threat detection history from windows defender GUI. d8ab8e12-621a-4db6-9fa9-c9b2aa1d52de?upload=true.png

:)

ChristinaShonts, May 20, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. Windows Defender Detect threat Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac

Hi.

I encounter that my PC always have notification of Windows Defender that my PC have a threat, this is Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac.

It will happen ALWAYS when i open my PC. It always appear on my notification, but after 10secs it will quarantine this threat.

How to remove this notification/virus on my PC.

I already Scan my PC using of the following:

• Malwarebytes
    • Malwarebytes Adwcleaner

Hope you will help me guys.

Thankyou.

Cedrick Acuario, May 22, 2020
  4. Zehlewi Win User

How do I remove the threat detection history from windows defender GUI.

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, May 22, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove the threat detection history from windows defender GUI.

1. How do I remove the threat detection history from windows defender GUI. - Similar Threads - remove threat detection

2. How do I remove a PUA detected by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a PUA detected by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender identified a PUA but does not offer me a way to either remove or quarantine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-pua-detected-by-windows-defender/dee80648-5ef9-413e-a32d-1be40828d594
  3. how do i restore a threat i have removed from protection history?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore a threat i have removed from protection history?: I have a big problem I accidentally removed two threats from windows protection history. one PUAlow one trojan virussevere. how am i able to restore the threats so windows defender can detect them get rid of the problem?...
  4. how do i restore a threat i have removed from protection history?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i restore a threat i have removed from protection history?: I have a big problem I accidentally removed two threats from windows protection history. one PUAlow one trojan virussevere. how am i able to restore the threats so windows defender can detect them get rid of the problem?...
  5. Can't Remove Microsoft Windows Defender Threat History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove Microsoft Windows Defender Threat History: I've read through a ton of posts on this and adjacent topics and none of the proposed solutions have helped yet, here's the full context:The kali linux iso is packaged with code that gets flagged by Windows Defender, this is a well known fact, I'm not worried about it as kali...
  6. Can't Remove Microsoft Windows Defender Threat History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove Microsoft Windows Defender Threat History: I've read through a ton of posts on this and adjacent topics and none of the proposed solutions have helped yet, here's the full context:The kali linux iso is packaged with code that gets flagged by Windows Defender, this is a well known fact, I'm not worried about it as kali...
  7. Can't Remove Microsoft Windows Defender Threat History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. When ı click only option to make...
  9. Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove

Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove: Hi community, My windows defender just found a threat in my com: Threat detected: Program:Win32/Wacapew.B!ml Alert Level: Medium Category: Potentially Unwanted Software Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior Affected items: file:...
  10. Windows Defender is showing "detected" threats; how do I know if it removed them

Windows Defender is showing "detected" threats; how do I know if it removed them: My Windows Defender is providing a list of "threats detected," but I don't see any indication as to whether it has "removed" or "quarantined" them. How do I know whether I am safe?...