Windows 10: How do i run cmd with commands already executed!

Discus and support How do i run cmd with commands already executed! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK say I wanted to run a cmd (I know I will have to use notepad so im pretty much asking the command and ending of the command ex. CMD.bat) For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hybrid, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Hybrid Win User

How do i run cmd with commands already executed!

OK say I wanted to run a cmd (I know I will have to use notepad so im pretty much asking the command and ending of the command ex. CMD.bat)

For those that want to go ahead and be really helpful im looking to open cmd and do "color 4"

Simple

:)

Hybrid, Dec 5, 2017
  2. 1ApplePC Win User

windows DVD player for windows 10

1st and most importantly, you must use both CMD (command prompt) and PowerShell with Administrator level access.

To do this, search for CMD, right click, then select "Run as Administrator".

Search for PowerShell, right click, then select "Run as Administrator"

If you do not do this as the administrator with administrator access... None of this will work.

To answer your question, yes, you need to press enter to execute the command. Simply typing it out (or pasting it) does not execute the command.

No a reboot is not required.

1ApplePC, Dec 5, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Usually running commands [similar to the older DOS .bat/batch files] requires putting in a path to the executable file in a program as in the old Win3.1 command of c:\windows\win.exe to start Windows but that's just a simple example. Note: Win3.x ran on top of a DOS [Disk Operating System] program.

Berton, Dec 5, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @Hybrid

What is it you are actually trying to achieve here? Do you want your command prompt to always be red text whenever it opens?

You know you can right click on the title bar and select Properties. There you can select font, size, text and background color and much more. These changes persist and will apply each time you open the command prompt using that particular shortcut or Start menu item. And if you create multiple shortcuts on your desktop, each can have it's own custom appearance.

*Arrow Customize Command Prompt Colors in Windows
    (and see the 'related tutorials' section at the end for other properties)

If you want to be really clever, you can add your own shortcuts for cmd.exe to Start menu and give each one it's own color.

*Arrow Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i run cmd with commands already executed! - Similar Threads - run cmd commands

2. Why do commands still execute in CMD if preceded with an equals sign?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do commands still execute in CMD if preceded with an equals sign?: Found a weird quirk today trying to boot repair a laptop.While typing into a WINRE's command prompt I accidently typed an equals sign = immediately before a command. The command executed without faulting. I tried typing "=echo" in CMD on my WIN10 desktop and was promptly told...
  3. Why do commands still execute in CMD if preceded with an equals sign?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do commands still execute in CMD if preceded with an equals sign?: Found a weird quirk today trying to boot repair a laptop.While typing into a WINRE's command prompt I accidently typed an equals sign = immediately before a command. The command executed without faulting. I tried typing "=echo" in CMD on my WIN10 desktop and was promptly told...
  4. Why do commands still execute in CMD if preceded with an equals sign?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to run a CMD command on a sharepoint server

How to run a CMD command on a sharepoint server: I am trying to run a CMD command on a SharePoint server to get its file structure xcopy but I cannot find any information on how to direct my cmd command at the SharePoint. I have admin access to the SharePoint, but the file server is on Microsoft's server. So how would I run...
  6. How to run a CMD command on a sharepoint server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a CMD command on a sharepoint server: I am trying to run a CMD command on a SharePoint server to get its file structure xcopy but I cannot find any information on how to direct my cmd command at the SharePoint. I have admin access to the SharePoint, but the file server is on Microsoft's server. So how would I run...
  7. Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.

Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.: Out of nowhere commands which involve executables like explorer.exe, msedge.exe, mspaint.exe, where, etc. are not working in command prompt or PowerShell. The output of the command prompt seem to be quite simple: ```C:\Users\grass>where 'where' is not recognized as an...
  8. How do I Auto run command prompt as administrator already on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I Auto run command prompt as administrator already on taskbar?: How do I automatically run the command prompt as administrator every time, if its already pinned to the taskbar? I searched the forums on this one and found lots of posts close to but not exactly the question I asked above. Thank you bob 177437
  9. Execute command automatically directly at start of cmd?

in Cortana
    Execute command automatically directly at start of cmd?: Is it possible that a command like "cd \... " so that I am directly in the selected directory after each startup? Befehl direkt bei Start von cmd automatisch ausführen?
  10. 10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell: [ATTACH] PowerShell is Microsoft’s own alternative to their own Command Prompt. Earlier, Microsoft announced that they will be open sourcing PowerShell and will be bringing it to recent versions and different Linux flavors like Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux,...