Windows 10: How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos

Discus and support How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi please excuse my complete ignorance, since downloading my " free windows 10 " I cant see how to download / save any fotos...when I try to a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by copey, Sep 28, 2015.

1. copey Win User

How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos

Hi please excuse my complete ignorance, since downloading my " free windows 10 " I cant see how to download / save any fotos...when I try to a window opens giving my just the option of "windows picture viewer" but that doesnt seem to be installed, just an app for "photos" and my my fotos do not appear, I can not download anything from my camera either. can anyone help me PLEASE...*Sad
    Thank you

:)

copey, Sep 28, 2015
  2. KRDNS Win User

Autoupload not working and now save to SkyDrive isn't either

Went to the Microsoft Store yesterday and had them show me how to do a few things. One was how to upload and download photos more easily. Person at the store showed me how to turn on Autoupload to SkyDrive. Took some photos today and checked SkyDrive.
    They're not there. I also tried to save to SkyDrive from each individual photo in the camera roll. Said it was saving, but the photos STILL aren't in SkyDrive. How do I fix this?

KRDNS, Sep 28, 2015
  3. Nokia Icon

Jay_answers, Sep 28, 2015
  4. How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos

Cluster Head, Sep 28, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Besides your camera, which if you can give more details on it, how it is hooked up and make and model of it. How else trying download pictures, from internet, which browser ?

jds63, Sep 28, 2015
  6. copey Win User
    Hi guys, thanks for your replies , sorry for delay in getting back, am still struggling to sort it out, unfortunately when you are in your mid 70s it takes abit longer to digest stuff..when I try to download a picture from an e/mail etc I just cant understand why it only gives me the option of Windows picture viewer when its not available...why not to Photos or pictures which are listed in the features index thingy...sorry not very PC savvy....*Shock

copey, Sep 28, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Your Welcome !
    From what i have read if you upgraded from Windows 7,8 or 8.1 to Windows 10 Windows Photo Viewer still be an option for most of your images. If you did a clean install wiping everything from old operating system then Windows Photo Viewer will only have options for image extensions .tiff and .tif

What i am not sure to is the type of photos you are downloading from e-mail and there extensions, jpeg etc...

What you can do is go into control panel open Default Programs, look under Set your Default Programs, scroll down list to the Photos app (left click once) on right side you can either " Set this Program as Default " for all files this app can open by default. You can also select on list Windows Photo Viewer(left click once) and select "Choose Defaults for this Program" to see what is listed there as checked in boxes.

jds63, Sep 28, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

You need to change the default program for image files to Windows Photo Viewer if you want that to be used, otherwise you get the Photos app which I don't like at all.

Ztruker, Sep 29, 2015
  9. copey Win User
    Hi Ztrucker and jds63,thank you for your input, I have tried your suggestions and still nothing....perhaps I have a system fault ?

copey, Sep 29, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Let's recap.

You are trying to save a photo from E-mail or from a Web site?
    If E-mail, what do you see whenb you right click on the photo?
    Also, if you left click and hold on the photo you should be able to drag it to the Desktop or wherever you want it. Same from a web site.

Ztruker, Sep 29, 2015
  11. copey Win User
    OK ...update..I was trying to download a foto from e/mail and another website,
    What I have since done is click on and download the item, go to PAINT , ( which came up in the browse section ), then slide it over to pictures where it appears ok...I dont know how or why *Rolleyes BUT it seems to work ok. one of lifes little mysteries, well it is to me...*Smile
    Many thanks for all your input and patience, see how we go for a while.
    regards

I'LL BE BACK.....*Biggrin

copey, Sep 30, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    Matters how photo is attached to an e-mail,usually within a link in e-mail once you open link you will see it and will get downloaded to whatever is default or set folder, documents or download folders. If on a Web site i just right click the image and select Save image, again goes to my download folder, unless it is compressed and has a download link. Your issues were with Windows picture viewer option instead of Photos app.

jds63, Sep 30, 2015
  13. YOU
    You Win User

Usually, r camera will come with a CD that has a program which automatically transfers photos from the camera to r computer. Sometimes, can usually find the camera in This PC (left pane of File Explorer where view all of r files) while it is plugged in and copy them directly from it.

Thema:

1. How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos - Similar Threads - SAVE UPLOAD photos

2. how do I upload a photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upload a photo: How do I upload a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-a-photo/d2f860bb-fc41-433e-8c80-f017ffe9b54d
  3. how do I upload a photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I upload a photo: How do I upload a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-a-photo/d2f860bb-fc41-433e-8c80-f017ffe9b54d
  4. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upload photos to an external hard drive: how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-photos-to-an-external-hard-drive/736d81a0-a8b6-4a40-b093-f255f6b169ca
  5. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

how do I upload photos to an external hard drive: how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-photos-to-an-external-hard-drive/736d81a0-a8b6-4a40-b093-f255f6b169ca
  6. Microsoft Photos - How do I save additions to an album

Microsoft Photos - How do I save additions to an album: Microsoft Photos looks quite powerful but there seems to very little on the way of tutorials or help. I have tried to create an album which works OK. But when I add further photos to the album there seems to be no option to save the additions. It is obviously is not an...
  7. How do I upload photos from Photo app to FB and to my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I upload photos from Photo app to FB and to my PC: My photos came over fine from my camera to my Photos app on my PC but I cannot upload them to FB. When I try to share from within Photos, it tells me I have to download FB, which I have had for years. I also want to store them on my PC but can't figure out how to do that...
  8. How to download and then upload photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to download and then upload photos: Can you explain how I can download a photo from an email so that I can then upload it to a web site (a dating site)? Thanks, Susan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-and-then-upload-photos/830b187d-0d59-4fc0-b743-36b7efee3653"
  9. How do I change a save location when uploading photo/videos from a phone to a computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change a save location when uploading photo/videos from a phone to a computer?: So I have my phone set to upload to OneDrive, but I want to change it so that it can upload to microsoft photos instead, but I don't now how to do it! How do I do it?...
  10. How to enlarge uploaded photo on iPad PowerPoint and get it to save

How to enlarge uploaded photo on iPad PowerPoint and get it to save: when i upliad ohotos from my icloud, they are small. I need them to fill the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/how-to-enlarge-uploaded-photo-on-ipad-powerpoint/f7d7c037-6950-4647-a280-45c7c778f163