Windows 10: How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. I've removed Powershell 2 already. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NRJ1024, May 29, 2020.

1. How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10?

I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. I've removed Powershell 2 already. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt totally (even from the context menus of start and explorer) and so that I can have Powershell 7 as the one and only terminal in my Windows machine. How do I do that?

Windows 10 | Version 2004 | Build 19041.264

submitted by /u/NRJ1024
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NRJ1024, May 29, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 29, 2020
  3. Launching Webcam from the Command Prompt/PowerShell 5

Hello

I have a problem with the FN key on my notebook's (MSI) keyboard, so I can't use the Webcam (usually fn + F6).

Is there a command line in Command Prompt or PowerShell 5 on Win 10 that I can use to get round this problem, please?

Thank you

Bluenose_ted, May 29, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10?

Context menu now has "Powershell" instead of "Command Prompt"

Read this tutorial and it shows you how, step by step How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? :)
    Show Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell on Win+X menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

OldMike65, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10?

1. How do I totally purge Powershell 5.0 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - totally purge Powershell

2. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  3. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to restart StartMenuExperienceHost.exe using Command Prompt or PowerShell on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to restart StartMenuExperienceHost.exe using Command Prompt or PowerShell on Windows 10: In case you’re wondering, the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is an executable created by Microsoft and built into the core OS. The friendly name is Start and it manages the Windows 10 Start menu. In the event you encounter issues with the Start menu, you may need to restart this...
  6. Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...: I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like Powershell 5 and Command Prompt totally even from the context menus of start and explorer and so that I can have Powershell 7 as the one and only terminal in my...
  7. How do I implement this custom command prompt in PowerShell 7.0.0 on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I implement this custom command prompt in PowerShell 7.0.0 on Windows 10?: submitted by /u/jdrch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwe2bz/how_do_i_implement_this_custom_command_prompt_in/
  8. No command prompt and no PowerShell on my pc windows 10

No command prompt and no PowerShell on my pc windows 10: Hello, No command prompt and no PowerShell on my pc windows 10 ? Thank you Savvy108 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-command-prompt-and-no-powershell-on-my-pc/ec4f5172-b4f7-4970-ba33-aafadfb7a5cb
  9. How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?

How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?: I want to change PowerShell to the default Command Prompt, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-powershell-to-be-the-default/f08e9af4-d3f8-4a16-8fda-643088d8d3d5
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838