Windows 10: How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10

Discus and support How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any app or folders I have open pops right back up when I turn on my computer after shutting it down. I have looked around long for a way to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pezhmank, Nov 13, 2017.

1. pezhmank Win User

How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10

Any app or folders I have open pops right back up when I turn on my computer after shutting it down. I have looked around long for a way to disable this new feature but havent been able to do so. I have cortana disabled (as best as I can tell) and yet this feature is enabled. I would appreciate any help.

:)

pezhmank, Nov 13, 2017
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 13, 2017
  3. Erutis Win User
    "Pick Up Where I Left Off" Refuses to turn off

I'm using a Surface Book and a Surface Pro 3 - both with the 1709 Windows 10 update. Even though I have "Pick up where I left off" turned off, and even though I've tried toggling it several times, both computers still have all sorts of programs opening back
    up on startup. This happens even when I make sure all programs are closed out before shutting down. What's going on here?

Erutis, Nov 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 13, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Nov 13, 2017
  6. pezhmank Win User
    pezhmank, Nov 13, 2017
  7. pezhmank Win User
    So it turned out I spoke too soon. After restarting despite the setting "pick up where you left off" is turned off. My chrome still auto starts since I didnt close it. and I checked that setting again and its still off after restart. What am I missing?

pezhmank, Nov 14, 2017
  8. pezhmank Win User

Third time restarting, chrome and mozilla and a folder I had opened did not auto start after restart. Im not sure if this is something that works one day and other day doesnt, but hopefully in the coming days I can report that it is no longer acting this way.

pezhmank, Nov 14, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Actually, this setting has nothing to do with apps automatically restarting after a shutdown or restart.

This would be the new behavior in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

If you like, the information at the top of the tutorial below can provide workarounds including the Shut down context menu to help with this.

*Arrow Add Shut down Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Nov 14, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    Given the amount of feedback on this issue, I was disappointed MS did not make it optional in cumulative update.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off “Pick

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  4. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  5. Pick of where I left off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pick of where I left off: I have Cortana disabled and every app I can disabled on startup both in the app/program and in the Task manager. Windows is still acting like the feature "Pick Up Where I Left Off" is still on, even though I cannot find a way to disable it (or that it is even an option to...
  6. How to disable "Pick up where you left off" feature?

in Cortana
    How to disable "Pick up where you left off" feature?: All of the search results that I found from many websites/forum, all points back to the same thing - go to the Notebook tab, find said feature, turn it off then Saves... With no alternative solution anywhere. - The first issue is... Cortana is not available in my country,...
  7. Can I at least pick up where I left off??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I at least pick up where I left off??: I've tried at least a half dozen times over two days to upgrade w 7 pro to ten. Each time stopping at a different place. Only one descriptive message to uninstall Acronis. Following that advice and the install went all the way to 47 percent before going to bed. Woke up to...
  8. Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices: Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now coming to light. According to my sources who...
  9. Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where you left off in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the...
  10. Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de: I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now coming to light. According to my sources who are familiar with the matter, upcoming improvements to Continuum will introduce “OS X...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pick up where i left off how to disable windows 10 1903

2. how to turn off pick up where i left off in windows 10

3. pick up where i left off windows 10

4. turn off pick up where you left off windows 10,
  5. turn off pick up where i left off windows 10,
  6. pick up where i left off disable,
  7. WINDOWS pick up where i left off 2019,
  8. pick up where I left off syncing,
  9. turn on pick up where i left off,
  10. turn off pick up where left off windows 10