Windows 10: Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where you left off in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Cliff S New Member

Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where you left off in Windows 10

Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana youre using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isnt available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Cortana works best when you sign in and let her use data from your device, other Microsoft services, and third-party services you choose to connect. To provide you with personalized experiences, Cortana learns from certain data about you, such as your searches, calendar, contacts, and location. Youre in control of how much data you share. If you choose not to sign into Cortana on Windows, you can still chat with Cortana and use her to help you search the web, documents stored in Microsoft services like OneDrive, and your Windows device. See the section about Windows Search in the Privacy Statement for more information. If you dont sign in, or you choose to sign out, your experiences will be more limited and they wont be personalized with your Cortana data. On iOS and Android devices, Cortana only works when you sign in.

Starting with Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703, Cortana can help you pick up where you left off. When you switch computers, Cortana can display quick links in the Action Center to help you easily get back into Microsoft Edge websites and SharePoint (or other cloud-based) documents you used most recently. For example, if you were working on a PowerPoint deck on your laptop, when you later return to your desktop, a link to that deck appears in the Action Center.

Cortana "Pick up where I left off" Requirements:
    See also: Windows 10 activity history and your privacy | Microsoft Support

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Pick up where you left off in Cortana for your Microsoft account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: "Resume from your other devices" quick links from Cortana in Action Center

Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Cortana icon.

2. Click/tap on Permissions on the left side, and click/tap on the Manage the information Cortana can access from this device link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Do step 4 (on) or step 5 (off) below for what you want to do.

4. Turn On Cortana Pick up where you left off
    A) Turn on or off (default) Location for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note This requires that you have turned on location services for this device and apps.

B) Turn on or off (default) Contacts, email, calendar & communication history for what you want.

*note If turned on, you will be prompted to click/tap on Continue to confirm.

C) Turn on or off (default) Browsing history for what you want.

5. Turn Off Cortana Pick up where you left off
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Turn off Location. (see screenshot below)

B) Turn off Contacts, email, calendar & communication history.

C) Turn off Browsing history.

6. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Nov 23, 2017
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 23, 2017
  3. Erutis Win User
    "Pick Up Where I Left Off" Refuses to turn off

I'm using a Surface Book and a Surface Pro 3 - both with the 1709 Windows 10 update. Even though I have "Pick up where I left off" turned off, and even though I've tried toggling it several times, both computers still have all sorts of programs opening back
    up on startup. This happens even when I make sure all programs are closed out before shutting down. What's going on here?

Erutis, Nov 23, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

It certainly can be helpful.

Brink, Nov 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Cortana Pick up where I left off in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Cortana

2. Pick of where I left off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pick of where I left off: I have Cortana disabled and every app I can disabled on startup both in the app/program and in the Task manager. Windows is still acting like the feature "Pick Up Where I Left Off" is still on, even though I cannot find a way to disable it (or that it is even an option to...
  3. How to disable "Pick up where you left off" feature?

in Cortana
    How to disable "Pick up where you left off" feature?: All of the search results that I found from many websites/forum, all points back to the same thing - go to the Notebook tab, find said feature, turn it off then Saves... With no alternative solution anywhere. - The first issue is... Cortana is not available in my country,...
  4. Timeline is full but Cortana not showing Where i left off...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timeline is full but Cortana not showing Where i left off...: Timeline is full but Cortana not showing Where i left off... tried reinstalling/reregistering signed out / in went from microsoft account back to local back to microsoft.... settings....all activitys are on..syncing is on.... so frustrating... 121700
  5. Cortana not showing tips and where I left off....

Cortana not showing tips and where I left off....: Hey! Usually cortona shows me tips and pick up where I left off I made sure all settings are correct re enabled the pick up where I left off option and made sure tips were all enabled Also re registered windows cortina through power shell...any ideas.... 113423
  6. How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10

How do I Turn Off “Pick Up Where I Left Off” on Windows 10: Any app or folders I have open pops right back up when I turn on my computer after shutting it down. I have looked around long for a way to disable this new feature but havent been able to do so. I have cortana disabled (as best as I can tell) and yet this feature is enabled....
  7. turn off cortana

turn off cortana: Just updated to Win10 v14366. How do I turn off Cortana? 53946
  8. Can I at least pick up where I left off??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I at least pick up where I left off??: I've tried at least a half dozen times over two days to upgrade w 7 pro to ten. Each time stopping at a different place. Only one descriptive message to uninstall Acronis. Following that advice and the install went all the way to 47 percent before going to bed. Woke up to...
  9. Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Rs: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices: Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now coming to light. According to my sources who...
  10. Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between de: I have already written about Continuum improvements coming to Redstone in the past, but more details regarding app syncing between devices is now coming to light. According to my sources who are familiar with the matter, upcoming improvements to Continuum will introduce “OS X...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pick up where you left off cortana

2. pick up where i left off disable

3. message you were left off cortona

4. Pick upwhere I,
  5. how do i turn off pick up where i left off,
  6. turn off pick up where left off windows 10,
  7. cortana pick up where i left off disable