Windows 10: How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely

Discus and support How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have turned off the require sign in in account options. I have turned off the password requirement setting with netplwiz. I turned off the lock... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Everseroni, Oct 5, 2019.

1. How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely

I have turned off the require sign in in account options. I have turned off the password requirement setting with netplwiz. I turned off the lock screen in gpedit.

Windows now does not ask for a login password when I start my computer. But, after about 20 minutes of inactivity, it will display what looks like the lock screen and ask for my password. I also changed my power options so my PC would never sleep in a lame attempt work around this, but it still happens.

I'd like to be able to use the lock screen, let my computer sleep, and never have to entire my password on my home PC. I've run out of possible solutions for this.

:)

Everseroni, Oct 5, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 5, 2019
  4. How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely

1. How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely - Similar Threads - Turn Off Sign

2. How do I turn Microsoft Hello PIN sign-in off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn Microsoft Hello PIN sign-in off?: I accidentally enabled this terrible feature that requires me to enter a separate PIN prior to entering my password for websites on Chrome. I believe it's called Windows Hello. I'm trying to turn it off. However, whenever I go to where I should be able to disable it Accounts...
  3. How do I turn off Windows Hello PIN sign in?

How do I turn off Windows Hello PIN sign in?: Hi, I turned on by accident and set a PIN. I think it's when I added an business email and by accident allowed the business to manage my PC. Now, I'd want to switch back to password and remove the PIN sign-in option. However, the "Remove" button is greyed out. How can I...
  4. How do I turn off the Windows sign-in?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I turn off the Windows sign-in?: How do I turn off the Windows sign-in when I first turn on the computer or when it's idle for awhile? Under settings and sign-in options it doesn't give me a way to do it. If I lose Internet connection, I have no way to use the computer without signing in. The sign-in...
  5. How do I turn off the Windows sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the Windows sign-in?: How do I turn off the Windows sign-in when I first turn on the computer or when it's idle for awhile? Under settings and sign-in options it doesn't give me a way to do it. If I lose Internet connection, I have no way to use the computer without signing in. The sign-in...
  6. How do I turn off the Windows sign-in?

7. How do I turn off the Windows sign-in?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off: I am the administrator and the only user of my new Lenovo X1 laptop running Windows 10. I don't want to have to type a password or use the face recognition function every time that I lift the laptop's lid. But I'm being forced by Windows to sign in every time because it will...
  9. How do you turn off Windows Defender completely?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you turn off Windows Defender completely?: When you go to turn off defender, a message tells you, " You can turn this off temporarily, but if it's off for a while we'll turn it back on automatically." First problem I have is with grammar. The folks at Microsoft should know NOT to use a coma and the word But next to...
  10. Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to sign in when it wakes from hibernate by default. This tutorial will show you how to turn on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off sign in requirement