Windows 10: How do I turn off the top pane in Windows 10

Discus and support How do I turn off the top pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the preview and details panels turned off, and I also HAD this one turned off, but I accidentally changed something when I was trying to drag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Old Dog, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Old Dog Win User

How do I turn off the top pane in Windows 10

I have the preview and details panels turned off, and I also HAD this one turned off, but I accidentally changed something when I was trying to drag the folder.
    I've spend the past half hour clicking on everything I can possibly think of, and i'm out of ideas.
    And no web search is helping.

How do I turn off the top pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

When I first did the install I easily found it, but now I just don't get it.

:)

Old Dog, Jul 6, 2017

2. preview pane in e-mail

How do I turn off preview pane in Windows 10 mail?

Bill and ColleenJuraco, Jul 6, 2017
  3. esmfotoz Win User
    Preview Pane in Windows 10

How do I turn off preview pane in Windows 10 explorer? I can't seem to find the setting; once it's turned on the only option I see is to toggle between preview pane and details pane... Thx.

esmfotoz, Jul 6, 2017
  4. How do I turn off the top pane in Windows 10

Hi Old Dog. Welcome to the TenForums @Old Dog

Do you see the question mark, upper right. Click on the little arrow head to the left of it.

This thing is called the "Ribbon"

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 6, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 6, 2017
  6. Old Dog Win User
    omg that is so ridiculously simple, lol.

bigger question is why hide it there though. ugh.

Old Dog, Jul 6, 2017
  7. Old Dog Win User
    Old Dog, Jul 6, 2017
  8. Old Dog Win User

the strange part of this is that I was trying to drag and resize the folder from the upper left corner when I turned that back on.
    I don't really understand how that could have happened.
    But anyway thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

Old Dog, Jul 6, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Jul 6, 2017
  10. I myself like the ribbon. You were in the "View" tab. In the "Home" tab there are a number of functions like copy, move, rename, new folder.

Of course this Ribbon is a carry over from Office and that is what I use so I guess it just feels like Home.

You got two solutions. Lucky day. Have a good one.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I turn off the top pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - turn off top

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off: so wanted to remove the top apps from the search menu and I turned it off in the settings but it didn't work how to I stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-the-top-apps-from-the-start-menu-off/7867171e-6895-4e0a-8638-7825b41ee0e3
  4. how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off

how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off: so wanted to remove the top apps from the search menu and I turned it off in the settings but it didn't work how to I stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-the-top-apps-from-the-start-menu-off/7867171e-6895-4e0a-8638-7825b41ee0e3
  5. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  6. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  7. how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?: how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-the-read-pane-in-mail-of-windows/1b0e86ab-f23c-469a-b6a6-67f0c79d6742
  8. Windows 10 Mail - How do I turn off the reading pane?

Windows 10 Mail - How do I turn off the reading pane?: I have Windows 10 at work and use Microsoft Office 2016 with Outlook for e-mail. I just bought a Windows 10 computer for home use and I'm using Mail. How do I turn off the reading pane???...
  9. How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail

How to turn off Reading Pane in Windows Mail: Windows 10 current build - how do I turn off reading pane in the bundled Mail application? Reasons: 1) security 2) screen real estate If I can't turn off reading pane - please provide instructions to remove, or erase profile. Eric...
  10. Windows 10 - How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - How do I turn this off?: I get this in many programs, not just Notepad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-how-do-i-turn-this-off/c89645ae-7740-44e8-a715-07b8f54685af

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laptop turning off reading pane