Windows 10: How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu

Discus and support How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sorry for the title i really don't know what you'd call it but the issue i have this. on two of my pcs my start menu looks like this when i search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cielo-Sky, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Cielo-Sky Win User

How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu

Sorry for the title i really don't know what you'd call it but the issue i have this. on two of my pcs my start menu looks like this when i search for anything

How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu e2bd9a8b-b76e-4be4-a16f-7d3566476d72?upload=true.png

fine and dandy all things great. on a laptop though the start menu looks like this

How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu da4b7d54-01b5-4e16-a7b5-5de4f3306764?upload=true.png

what i wanna know is how i turn that pop out/ extended menu / whatever it is off. or disable it or whatever i need to do to get rid of it.

All my pcs are running windows 10 1803 and fully up to date. i don't know if someone in my family changed something or it was a windows update but i want to get rid of that box.

thanks in advance

:)

Cielo-Sky, Sep 19, 2018

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    I'm still seeing start menu ads dispite turning them off

Hello BreadedChicken, and welcome to Ten Forums. How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu :)

The Occasionally show suggestions in Start setting is only for the Suggested apps shown in the All Apps list in the Start menu instead.

*Arrow Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

You can also turn off automatic installation of suggested apps to completely stop them. Be sure to also read the blue note box at the top of the tutorial below for more info.

*Arrow Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, Sep 19, 2018
  4. How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu

1. How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu - Similar Threads - turn search popup

2. Start menu search suddenly showing my history, how do i turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search suddenly showing my history, how do i turn this off?: This is creepy as **** and shouldn't been done, i don't want to be reminded of what i've been searching at 3 am, and y'all are here **** me in the **** with your "new and innovative" ways to "improve the user experience" with no obvious way to turn it off...
  3. Start menu search suddenly showing my history, how do i turn this off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu search suddenly showing my history, how do i turn this off?: This is creepy as **** and shouldn't been done, i don't want to be reminded of what i've been searching at 3 am, and y'all are here **** me in the **** with your "new and innovative" ways to "improve the user experience" with no obvious way to turn it off...
  4. How do I turn off the Clipboard "Let's get started" popup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the Clipboard "Let's get started" popup?: I have been using {Windows}+v to paste using PureText.Windows now presents a popup when I use {Windows}+v.How do I stop the Windows takeover of that keyboard shortcut?Windows popup when I hit {Windows}+v:...
  5. How do I turn off the Clipboard "Let's get started" popup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the Clipboard "Let's get started" popup?: I have been using {Windows}+v to paste using PureText.Windows now presents a popup when I use {Windows}+v.How do I stop the Windows takeover of that keyboard shortcut?Windows popup when I hit {Windows}+v:...
  6. Turning off start menu internet search

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off start menu internet search: I finally got around to backing up my original dell image, and installing a clean Windows Pro image from Microsoft instead (been meaning to do it for a while). Dell didn't even originally give me the correct language version of Windows for my laptop, a minor annoyance but it...
  7. Search bar popup with start menu

in Cortana
    Search bar popup with start menu: Hi, after my last windows update i'm having this issue where the search bar pops up every time i press the start button, there's no way to close it and i don't have access to the programs list or tiles in the start menu. how can i fix this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. How to turn off web searching when I use the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off web searching when I use the Start menu: I wanted to use a software that I didn't know if I had installed it yet or not so I clicked on the Start icon and typed out the program's name. At first, it looked like I had it but when I clicked on it, it took me to a web page. When I repeated it again, it appears that the...
  9. How do I remove the extended search box

in Cortana
    How do I remove the extended search box: How do i remove the bar highlighted in the red box? This only happens on my new PC (installed windows a week ago) and does not happen on my old PC. [ATTACH]...
  10. How do I turn off extended tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I turn off extended tiles?: How do I turn off extended tiles in Windows Explorer. One of my computers has tiles as the view option when you right click in "devices and drives". the other computer has extended tiles as the option not tiles. I'm not sure how this happened. How do I return to the default...