Windows 10: How do I upgrade from Home to Pro?

Discus and support How do I upgrade from Home to Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have BizSpark, and I'd like to upgrade my Windows 10 Home computer to the Pro version. I downloaded the "Multiple Versions" ISO from MSDN, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoostinOnline, Aug 22, 2015.

1. How do I upgrade from Home to Pro?

I have BizSpark, and I'd like to upgrade my Windows 10 Home computer to the Pro version. I downloaded the "Multiple Versions" ISO from MSDN, but when I run it from within Windows, it only lets me re-install the Home edition. How do I upgrade without doing a clean install?

:)

JoostinOnline, Aug 22, 2015
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Aug 22, 2015
  3. How do I upgrade from HP windows 10 home retail to my school's volume license?

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the following default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Review instructions how to perform an Easy Upgrade using the default key:

How
    to Perform an Easy Upgrade in Windows 10

After upgrading, proceed to enter the Windows 10 Pro product key your school gave you.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How do I upgrade from Home to Pro?

Hello Joostin, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can use the method in the tutorial below to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro without losing anything.

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Well that's embarrassing. I did a fair amount of searching before coming here. Can I just use a key I got from MSDN?

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    It is probably an evaluation key and cause the activation to expire at some point in the future. But sure, if you have a Windows 10 Pro product key to enter, you can upgrade from Home to Pro.

NavyLCDR, Aug 22, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yes, you can use a key from MSDN. *Smile

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  8. How do I upgrade from Home to Pro?

I'm getting this error after it restarts

How do I upgrade from Home to Pro? [​IMG]

I've tried twice. I'll contact Microsoft if that's the only choice, but customer support is always unpleasant when there is an alternative.

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Is your current Home installation the same language as the Pro edition?

Is the Pro key you using a normal retail type key from MSDN, and not a multiple activation type key, or for a K or N edition?

If not, then you may need to clean install instead. *Sad

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  10. It's a retail key and from the same language (English).

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It should work then. You might try again during off peak hours to see if it may just be something on Microsoft's end.

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  12. This is the key I used, blurred of course. Could you confirm that it's the right one?

How do I upgrade from Home to Pro? [​IMG]

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yep, that's a normal retail key for a Windows 10 Pro. The only thing I can think of is that it may be a special key only for a BizSpark version, and could be why it's not upgrading with it.

I'd keep trying to see if it may let you. If not, then I'd contact Microsoft to see what they say for why it can't upgrade. It'll be interesting to hear what they say.

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  14. If I do, I'll post all the conversation (minus any sensitive info) so any future info can help out.

15. I tried it at 3PM on Monday, and it worked fine. Thanks for the help. *Smile

JoostinOnline, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. How do I upgrade from Home to Pro? - Similar Threads - upgrade Home Pro

2. How do I upgrade from windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from windows home to pro: One of our team members has brought a computer that came with windows 11 home.I need to join it to our work domain so it needs an upgrade to pro.I attempted to do this according to the instructions going to settings/activation/upgrade which took me to the store.In the store I...
  3. How do I upgrade from windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade from windows home to pro: One of our team members has brought a computer that came with windows 11 home.I need to join it to our work domain so it needs an upgrade to pro.I attempted to do this according to the instructions going to settings/activation/upgrade which took me to the store.In the store I...
  4. upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from home to pro: hi, i recently have the problem my pc started to ask me to activate windows even if i had it 2 years ago.... i just bought a product key of windows 10 pro and currently i have w10 home... may i ask if i can upgrade it or not...
  5. Upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Home to Pro: I want to upgrade my PC from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Can I do this without having to do a complete install? I don't want to lose my files and Apps. Also, in case it makes a difference, I am on the Release Preview version of the Insider Program. Any help much...
  6. How to upgrade from Home to Pro?

How to upgrade from Home to Pro?: I want to upgrade my version from Home to Pro. When I go to settings, it only offers an option to input a product key. There is no option to go to the Microsoft store, to upgrade to Pro. I also tried using the Pro generic key, to switch to that version. I went offline, it...
  7. upgrade from home to pro

upgrade from home to pro: i have a HP DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS HOME INSTALLED. i purchased an upgrade on 08/12/2020. i have tried numerous times and it fails the install. it has a digital key code. the upgrade says that the home edition may not be valid. I tried using the generic activation code and...
  8. Upgraded from Home to Pro

Upgraded from Home to Pro: I have Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. My Question is, It does uses the same activation key, right ? I got NO email with a new key tho. My Microsoft account didn't told me on anything with a new key. . .....so .... I am all good with the same key...
  9. Upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from home to pro: If I upgrade to "Windows 10 Pro" from "Home" is my "Home" license still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/a78fe5c9-84bd-421f-bb3c-b27f9b5b7073"
  10. Upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Home to Pro: Just wondering, if I happen to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro, what will happen to my Home activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/ae4c447a-f850-4ffc-835e-f99d0764b553"