Windows 10: How do Software companies use Windows Command Prompt?

Discus and support How do Software companies use Windows Command Prompt? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm curious as to why do software companies use windows command prompt? Like what are the most common commands they use and why? What can I do in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IntenseJames, May 20, 2019.

1. How do Software companies use Windows Command Prompt?

I'm curious as to why do software companies use windows command prompt?

Like what are the most common commands they use and why?

What can I do in command prompt?

:)

IntenseJames, May 20, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 20, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, May 20, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

How do Software companies use Windows Command Prompt?

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

How do Software companies use Windows Command Prompt?

1. How do Software companies use Windows Command Prompt? - Similar Threads - Software companies Command

2. How to use ADB in Windows Recovery command prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use ADB in Windows Recovery command prompt?: I need to copy a file from Android phone while in Windows 11 Recovery command prompt.However, the phone is not visible as a drive and running adb results in "adb.exe is not compatible with this version of Windows" error.Please let me know what I can do here.Thank you....
  3. How to use ADB in Windows Recovery command prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use ADB in Windows Recovery command prompt?: I need to copy a file from Android phone while in Windows 11 Recovery command prompt.However, the phone is not visible as a drive and running adb results in "adb.exe is not compatible with this version of Windows" error.Please let me know what I can do here.Thank you....
  4. how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...: i want to know how to use arp command in command prompt as many other command also say same thing "command is not recognised as internal,external, operational program or a batch file "pleasre provide me the solution for this so i can fix this problem...
  5. how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...: i want to know how to use arp command in command prompt as many other command also say same thing "command is not recognised as internal,external, operational program or a batch file "pleasre provide me the solution for this so i can fix this problem...
  6. how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to enable gpu using command prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable gpu using command prompt?: Hi, I disabled the integrated gpu on my laptop because I wasn’t sure if my computer was using the discrete gpu and now my computer doesn’t work. When I try to start it I’ll usually get a black screen and nothing happens, sometimes I get the option to do stuff because windows...
  8. How do Software companies use Windows PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do Software companies use Windows PowerShell?: I'm curious as to why do software companies use Windows PowerShell? Like what are the most common commands they use and why? What can I do in Windows PowerShell?...
  9. How to restore using windows.old using command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore using windows.old using command prompt: After the last win 10 update in october 2018 my Asus Laptop (with 32gig eMMC ) crashed and it will only boot to the Bios . I had to format the C: partition. The X: partition has the operating system ( I guess) I managed to get the command prompt I see the windows.old backup...
  10. How do I uninstall McAfee software using only Command Prompt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I uninstall McAfee software using only Command Prompt?: Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums. I am currently having issues rebooting my PC after trying to install the McAfee Internet Security on my computer. The PC will not reboot and I still have files on my desktop which I need to recover before resetting my PC. This will...