Windows 10: How do you arrange firefox folders in abc order?

Discus and support How do you arrange firefox folders in abc order? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] As can be seen from my snip, my folders are not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to do this? I can arrange the files in the folders that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

How do you arrange firefox folders in abc order?

How do you arrange firefox folders in abc order? [​IMG]

As can be seen from my snip, my folders are not in alphabetical order. Is there a way to do this? I can arrange the files in the folders that way, but they don't stay...next time I go back they're in random order again. On my Vista desktop, I can arrange both folders and files in ABC order and they stay that way. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

:)

Fred22, Jun 8, 2016
  2. sfm153 Win User

Does Edge browser have a bookmark manager?

Thank you for your feedback on this.

That clarifies it a little, but it still lacks the ability to arrange items within folders to one's convenience, let alone folders within folders in a way similar to how it could be done with earlier versions of Internet Explorer or now (still) with Chrome,
    Firefox, and Safari. Hopefully a third party will come to our help as Microsoft does not seem to be interested in revising the bookmark feature.

sfm153, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Need instructions on use of Windows 10 Photos

That's been an issue since Windows 7. Basically, you have to add Auto Arrange so you can uncheck it.

Take your pick.

Auto Arrange in Folders - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

Or:

How to Disable Full Row Select and Auto Arrange in Windows 10?

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-full-row-select-auto-arrange-folders-windows-10/

Note: You have to do the sorting in the parent folder and not a Library folder.

Bruce Hagen, Jun 8, 2016
  4. kipper Win User

Under bookmarks in the menu at the top of Firefox....

Open "show all bookmarks"............in the left panel.....right click on "book marks menu"..........select "sort by name"........

This should work for you

kipper, Jun 8, 2016
  5. Fred22 Win User
    Thanks, will give it a try.

Fred22, Jun 8, 2016
  6. Fred22 Win User
    This puts the files in the folders in ABC order, but not the folders. There's no option in the left column under "organize" for sort by name. This only puts the contents of the folders in order, not the folders.

Fred22, Jun 8, 2016
  7. kipper Win User
    I just moved some of my folders around randomly to get them out of order............then followed the guide I gave you above and it does put the Folders back in alphabetical order...........

Make sure in the left panel.....right click on "book marks menu"

Please try it again.......go step by step....you might have mixed a step up by mistake.....

I hope this does work for you....

kipper, Jun 8, 2016
  8. Fred22 Win User

That did it. However, some folders got merged and I had to move some around manually. I wish I could send youa snip, but one of the folders has a little > by it. 2 other folders were merged with, but I fixed that manually. I can live with the little > thing. Thanks so much.

Fred22, Jun 8, 2016
  9. Fred22 Win User
    That did it. However, some folders got merged and I had to move some around manually. I wish I could send you a snip, but one of the folders has a little > by it. 2 other folders were merged with, but I fixed that manually. I can live with the little > thing. Thanks so much.

Fred22, Jun 8, 2016
  10. kipper Win User
    You are welcome Fred

Just one old boy from TN helping another........LOL

kipper, Jun 8, 2016
  11. Fred22 Win User
    I'm back. I went back in and moved some things around and now the folders are alphabetized and the > is gone. Thanks again. So you're from TN? I'm in Memphis.

Fred22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you arrange firefox folders in abc order? - Similar Threads - arrange firefox folders

2. How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder: I have a "Set List" folder with lyric files. I need to be able to arrange these files in any order I choose to match a set list. I see no way in Windows I can do this. This should be as simple as dragging a file to a different location within my lyrics folder. IS there any...
  3. How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder: I have a "Set List" folder with lyric files. I need to be able to arrange these files in any order I choose to match a set list. I see no way in Windows I can do this. This should be as simple as dragging a file to a different location within my lyrics folder. IS there any...
  4. How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I arrange my photos in their correct order?

How do I arrange my photos in their correct order?: For context, I do know that you can select the button and it automatically organises photos by their time stamp. However, this has been an issue that I've had for a while. For some reason, one day, all of my photos from a certain time period let's say from April 2020 to...
  6. Arranging files in order in a Folder

Arranging files in order in a Folder: Hello, On WIndows 10 I am trying to send a manuscript to a publisher. I have a folder already on the desktop and my word documents 30 of them that must be shown in the correct order that I have copied them into the Folder. I tried this yesterday but on the 4th attempt of...
  7. A way to get the files in firefox folders to stay in abc order

in Browsers and Email
    A way to get the files in firefox folders to stay in abc order: I may have asked this question before...can't remember. Someone on this forum helped me get my Firefox folders alphabetized. Now I'm wondering if there's a way to get the files in those folders to STAY in alphabetical order. I know you can click "sort by name" and they will...
  8. Put files in firefox folders in abc order

in Browsers and Email
    Put files in firefox folders in abc order: With the help of someone on this forum, I finally got all my folders in alphabetical order, now for the files. I know that you can click on "sort by name" and the files will be in alphabetical order, but is there a way to keep them in order? It seems to me that on my desktop...
  9. How do I arrange songs on USB the order I want?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I arrange songs on USB the order I want?: How do I arrange music on USB the order I want? They are coming alphabetically. I tried to drag and drop a song under the other but it doesn't work. I want to sort out the songs in the order I want so they get played in the order I want. Any help please? THANKS!! 45398
  10. How do you arrange files by month?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you arrange files by month?: Just downloaded 10. How do you sort files (photos) by month? 17943