Windows 10: How do you create a power plan toggle button

Discus and support How do you create a power plan toggle button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there some way to create a power plan toggle similar to the brightness toggle when clicking on the battery in the notification area? My googling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daltaya, Nov 14, 2015.

1. daltaya Win User

How do you create a power plan toggle button

Is there some way to create a power plan toggle similar to the brightness toggle when clicking on the battery in the notification area? My googling doesn't seem to come up with anything.

:)

daltaya, Nov 14, 2015

2. random, unscheduled or unresquested auto shutdown in Windows 10 after the 1511 update (KB3122947)

Hi Kahzul,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Your time and effort in troubleshooting the issue is very much appreciated.

I suggest you to create the new power plan and check. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings (like display, sleep, etc.) that manages how your PC uses power. The power plans you can use depend on the kind of PC you
    have. Follow the steps below to create a new power plan.

1. Right click on Start button and select
    Power Options
    option from the list.
    2. Click on Create a power plan on the left navigation pane.
    3. Enter your new power plan name in the Plan name text box and click on Next.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Click on the below given link to “How to create and delete a power plan”.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/power-plans-faq

( applies to windows 10 as well.)

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. Please get back to us with the status of the issue.

Swathi Ravichandran, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Battery not charging to 100 Percent

Hi Time Bandit - I have a similar Utility on my Lenovo Laptop which throttles the battery to 60%. To bring it up to 100% for traveling, I reinstall the Power Management app (which I don't like running in the background) and toggle the Battery Saver off
    again. This always works. Right click Start button to open Power Options, then choose Additional Power Options. Do you see any modifications of this WIndows applet to add Eco-Utility features to it at all? In the illustration in the Toshiba FAQ which Andre
    linked FAQ: What is Toshiba Eco Charge Mode? you can see this was done in WIndows 8? How about in Windows 10? Is there a special power plan for Toshiba or Eco Utility? If not select the Balanced Plan, then Change Plan Settings,
    then expand and scour all the settings to see if you can find one that throttles the battery. I have seen this added to these Advanced Power Settings on other models, so that there is another method for toggling off than the setting in the actual Eco Utility
    interface. But I would not give up on it, even if necessary locate the latest Eco Utility download to install to see if you can get it to toggle off correctly. You might query Toshiba Support to see if they have a suggestion, search Google for the issue to
    see how others have resolved it. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I'll keep working with you until it's resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 14, 2015
  5. daltaya Win User
    Thanks, that works. I take it there is not an easy way to add my own toggle buttons to the notification area?

daltaya, Nov 14, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid not. You could also right click on the Power icon, click on Power Options, and select a power plan.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you create a power plan toggle button - Similar Threads - create power plan

2. Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan: Hi! I have a problem in my windows 10 computer. I can't create ultimate performance in my PC because it say "Unable to create a new power scheme The power scheme, subgroup or setting specified does not exist."I have try to download Ultimate_Performance.pow too, it say...
  3. Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan: Hi! I have a problem in my windows 10 computer. I can't create ultimate performance in my PC because it say "Unable to create a new power scheme The power scheme, subgroup or setting specified does not exist."I have try to download Ultimate_Performance.pow too, it say...
  4. Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan: Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create...
  6. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan: Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create...
  7. How Do I Create a Quick Toggle of Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Create a Quick Toggle of Ethernet?: How do I create a quick toggle of my ethernet? So far I created a desktop shortcut. But I'd rather add it to quick actions. Or add it to notification area. Quick actions is preferable. How do i do that?? 126615
  8. How to create a new power plan based on an existing custom (OEM) plan ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to create a new power plan based on an existing custom (OEM) plan ?: Beside the usual, Windows default "Balanced" power plan, my new Dell laptop has a custom OEM power plan (named "Dell"). I'd like to create my own power plan, but Win10 only allows me to create one based on the Balanced one, not the OEM (Dell) one. I'd prefer to start from...
  9. How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?: Thanks for the kind words Ed *Smile At some point I would like to do a TUT, in particular for installing and using AOMEI. Not enough hours in the day at the moment.
  10. Create Custom Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Custom Power Plan in Windows 10: How to: Create Custom Power Plan in Windows 10 How to Create a Custom Power Plan in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is also known as a power scheme. You can create...