Windows 10: How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It doesn't clear Chrome's history on exit. Hi there. That's interesting for I thought this was a global feature now. Does and has Chrome stored its... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ARC1020, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Tony K Win User

How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

Hi there.

That's interesting for I thought this was a global feature now. Does and has Chrome stored its own history in its own folder?

Tony K, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Tony K Win User

Agree. If I may add, One can keep recent history, let's say the past two weeks and delete the rest. CCleaner and others have the feature and can be configured to keep cookies of favorite sites.

Tony K, Aug 3, 2015
  3. TheSchaft Win User
    There's a Chrome extension called "Click&Clean" that will delete cookies, browser history, passwords, and more.

(I'd recommend running CCleaner at least daily to get rid of Chrome's cache, history, and cookies if you forget and exit without using "Click&Clean".)

TheSchaft, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Maggelan Win User

I thought the same but I have that box checked and my chrome's history remains untouched.

Edge get's it's history wiped but chrome doesn't, I'm not sure why it happens but hey ho.

Maggelan, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Maggelan Win User
    And I would but Edge is really flaky right now and becomes very unstable after 2 hours of usage with video's.

It's the same experience on both my desktop and my Surface 3 tablet, So I'm guessing it's just a little troubled by things after a while.

This is the only reason I have the box checked right now.

Maggelan, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Jomarkz Win User
    Lots of problems with Edge. I went to "Settings," "Network and Internet" and "Internet Options" and the box was already checked, but the recent browser data remains. Not only did Edge, or Windows 10, not automatically delete the browser data upon exiting as the Internet Options settings would indicate, but intermittently, the manual "clearing" of data hangs and doesn't discontinue. The browser freezes until I force a reboot and restart.

Jomarkz, Aug 4, 2015
  7. teknik99 Win User
    I personally prefer the additional security of having my history deleted when I close my browser rather than a web page that might take 10ms less to load.

I have the global setting in internet options mentioned above ticked but it makes no difference it only clears data if I use IE, I still have to manually clear edge.

Maybe this will change when I get around to doing a clean install.

I guess for the time being I will be going back to IE, thank god they left it in there as part of the OS.

Cheers

teknik99, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Jomarkz Win User

Really? Internet Explorer is in Windows 10? Where is it, and how does one access it? I think Edge is a catastrophe! I never thought I'd ever say that I like Internet Explorer better than another browser!

Jomarkz, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Click on Start and type 'in...
    it should be the top result.

or...

Start►All apps►Windows Accessories►Internet Explorer.

Edwin, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Jomarkz Win User
    Perfect. Thank you! I'm over Edge, or should I say, it's over the, Edge for this new browser!

Jomarkz, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    "Over the Edge"! That's perfect! *Wink

Edwin, Aug 9, 2015
  12. Tony K Win User
    The way I see it Edge is orientated and developed more for the business-type user or someone like a teacher. Bring up a page and take notes or perform a presentation from one's own website in Web Note mode.

There is also the reading mode for less distractions. Speculating, but perhaps MS will sell books via the Store to be able to read via Edge. This will compete with others. They do sell music in the Store.

Another thing is that I think they will continue to develop Edge like their other apps.

Tony K, Aug 9, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

Occasionally I'll use Edge as a YouTube 'pop-out' style player (it renders quite well), other than that I'm stickin with Firefox.

How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 10, 2015
  14. DavidG Win User
    As a FYI when you have IE open right click on the IE icon on the taskbar and click "pin this program to the taskbar". That makes it much easier to open regularly.

DavidG, Aug 11, 2015
  15. Tony K Win User
    That pic matches your black and gold theme perfectly. At least you're using Edge for something. *Wink

Man, those guys look old! Great band. Saw them 1st and 2nd tour. Summer '68 and then winter of '70. Fond memories. *Smile

Tony K, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Delete Browsing History

2. Do you delete your browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    Do you delete your browsing history?: Do you delete your browsing history/cache files? 152650
  3. Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...: Hi I work from home and one website I use, I have 3 different log in names and passwords so, each time, i log out of the website, i need to click on "delete browsing history" before I can log back in under a different user name and password. I had, again, the Stop Code...
  4. how do I delete cookies and browsing history?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I delete cookies and browsing history?: how do I delete cookies and browsing history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-cookies-and-browsing-history/236c7fbb-879c-4d14-bfde-be05609c6891
  5. Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting: I have tried every suggestion in Google and still does not delete upon exiting (Windows 10) Is there a sure-fire way? I was in 7, switched to 10, back to 7 no problem. New laptop, using 10, won't delete....
  6. Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge: I recently went to the browsing history in my Microsoft Edge browser, and there are some sites missing. I went to a site called savethechildren.com through a click thru button on a site called MyPoints so that I could get points for my donation on Saturday, I think it was,...
  7. Deleted browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted browsing history: Well have as usual tried to find a solution out there but still no joy, as usual. Problem began when I kept, well still am getting, "Cannot find scriptfile xxxxxxx .vbs". Spent ages trying to find a solution using suggested remedies on the web, none worked. So I came across a...
  8. Edge browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browsing history: Hello, I read that to view your browsing history, select Hub > History. But I cannot find the Hub any thoughts? 18307
  9. How do I backup my Edge browsing history?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I backup my Edge browsing history?: I am preparing to reset my computer and wanted to backup my browsing history. Finding this info for Firefox & Chrome is no issue, but I've had no luck so far regarding Edge. Any idea where I could find some more information on doing this? 93438
  10. Google Chrome how to delete history on exit

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome how to delete history on exit: Hi all, I'm new to this forum and just registered myself to be able to post this question. Prior to registering I have searched through the forum but couldn't find an answer to my question. I would like to be able to delete or clear my internet history automatically...