How do you remove "Shortcut" text from link

Discus and support How do you remove "Shortcut" text from link in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Windows 7 registry mod to remove the "Shortcut" text from shortcut links does not seem to work in Windows 10 Build 1074. Is there a mod for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by toolman59, May 2, 2015.

1. toolman59 Win User

The Windows 7 registry mod to remove the "Shortcut" text from shortcut links does not seem to work in Windows 10 Build 1074.

Is there a mod for Windows 10 to remove "Shortcut" text from links?

:)

toolman59, May 2, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, May 2, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, May 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 2, 2015
  5. toolman59 Win User
    toolman59, May 2, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, May 2, 2015
  7. 5ggggg Win User
    the way from 1st page has to be done for every user on the pc. It is easier to put the following under LocalMachine:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
    insert new key NamingTemplates
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\NamingTemplates
    insert new string ShortcutNameTemplate
    with value %s.lnk

5ggggg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you remove "Shortcut" text from link - Similar Threads - remove Shortcut text

2. How to get mouse running again ????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse running again ????: My machine aotumatic updated to 1803 17134.228 and it seems like it will NOT accept my USB ports ! I have my mouse in an USB !!!!!!!!!! Can you imaging install/troubleshoot with no mouse working ... mission imposible ! How can I get my mouse running again OR...
  3. make text appear darker on the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    make text appear darker on the screen: I have windows 10 and the letters are mostly light. Some letters are darker than other but really hard to read. I have hunted and hunted to find where I can make the text more bold. This ole grannie really needs help. Thank you DeLories...
  4. How to shutdown WITHOUT updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to shutdown WITHOUT updating?: I don't understand why I can't shutdown my laptop. I need to shut my computer down and the only options want me to update first. I don't have time to wait for an update. Were is the shutdown option? Does anybody at Microsoft actually use a computer? This is...
  5. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on: I cannot turn on my windows defender real time protection, it is grey and cannot be turned on, before it said an organization was blocking your from turning on real time protection but i restarted my computer and when it turns on it says repairing and scanning drive then a...
  6. How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?: I have used remote desktop for years, but since the windows 10 app came out, I have nothing but trouble. Most of the time it just won't connect. It wants an email or URL. This is a private LAN. I've enabled remote desktop on the server and my local PC. I am the administrator....
  7. Some text in Some apps are blury since most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some text in Some apps are blury since most recent update.: I've fixed a few apps by running the 'compatibility' under properties. But this is a one at a time solution. this wasn't an issue before latest update. running nvidia geforce as my graphic card - latest driver update - and i just realized ITS text is blury none of...
  8. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"
  9. how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10: how do I find my cursor on my acer laptop. windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-find-my-cursor-on-acer-windows-10/712f1d6f-06fd-45da-ade4-646a20b6b9a6
  10. cant acces my camera on my facebook done everything it said to do

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant acces my camera on my facebook done everything it said to do: went through the steps still cant acces my camera on my facebook I need yr help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-acces-my-camera-on-my-facebook-done/1c9c23f3-56e7-4378-95f9-c66c49e797f1