Windows 10: How do you remove "Shortcut" text from link

Discus and support How do you remove "Shortcut" text from link in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Windows 7 registry mod to remove the "Shortcut" text from shortcut links does not seem to work in Windows 10 Build 1074. Is there a mod for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by toolman59, May 2, 2015.

1. toolman59 Win User

How do you remove "Shortcut" text from link

The Windows 7 registry mod to remove the "Shortcut" text from shortcut links does not seem to work in Windows 10 Build 1074.

Is there a mod for Windows 10 to remove "Shortcut" text from links?

:)

toolman59, May 2, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, May 2, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, May 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 2, 2015
  5. toolman59 Win User
    toolman59, May 2, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, May 2, 2015
  7. 5ggggg Win User
    the way from 1st page has to be done for every user on the pc. It is easier to put the following under LocalMachine:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
    insert new key NamingTemplates
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\NamingTemplates
    insert new string ShortcutNameTemplate
    with value %s.lnk

5ggggg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you remove "Shortcut" text from link - Similar Threads - remove Shortcut text

2. How do you remove an image of a link on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you remove an image of a link on the desktop: Hello,my problem is that somehow after every reboot an image of a link appears on my desktop. The reboot makes it go away for max one hour and then it's there again. My research showed that there is nothing on the internet resembling my problem.If anyone know how to fix this...
  3. How do you remove an image of a link on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you remove an image of a link on the desktop: Hello,my problem is that somehow after every reboot an image of a link appears on my desktop. The reboot makes it go away for max one hour and then it's there again. My research showed that there is nothing on the internet resembling my problem.If anyone know how to fix this...
  4. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  5. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  6. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. how do you remove these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you remove these?: [ATTACH] how do you remove those in the dropdown? i dont even know what to call them. https://preview.redd.it/f51p1kpw69c61.png?width=637&format=png&auto=webp&s=ca60fd1a7456a6df4f03fe6d2f9d21d4d72a2992 submitted by /u/YoBoiAvi482 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to remove LINKS from x32Win10ProV1909 ?

How to remove LINKS from x32Win10ProV1909 ?: An unwanted and undeletable entry has got added near my Notifications as shown in the attachment. How can I get rid of it ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-links-from-x32win10prov1909/273aee53-13a8-4494-a206-fa98020c0ec1
  9. How do you remove this?

How do you remove this?: [img] 145851
  10. How do you remove this?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you remove this?: [img] 145851