Windows 10: How do you remove the Autopilot update completely?

Discus and support How do you remove the Autopilot update completely? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; At various times Microsoft has inadvertently delivered an Autopilot update to all W10 Pro machines, not just those enrolled in Autopilot. Here's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bree, May 28, 2020.

1. Bree Win User

How do you remove the Autopilot update completely?

At various times Microsoft has inadvertently delivered an Autopilot update to all W10 Pro machines, not just those enrolled in Autopilot. Here's the one from December...

KB4532441 Cumulative update for Autopilot in Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Back in October they even pushed it onto Home machines, despite saying Home should never have Autopilot!

I have three W10 Pro 1909 machines that got the Autopilot update at various times. It can be uninstalled in Control Panel > Programs and Features > Installed Updates, but despite Microsoft's reassurance that "If you were offered this update and do not use Autopilot, installing this update will not affect you" there is one very visible after-effect of having had it installed, even after it has been uninstalled. Every time updates are installed Windows tells me that Your organisation manages your update settings.

How do you remove the Autopilot update completely? [​IMG]

Now this may just be cosmetic, but I can't help worrying what else may be left behind after uninstalling the update. So much so that I have just spent an afternoon reverting one on my machines to a Macrium image from just after its clean install, then recreating all the configuration changes made since then. In particular, my thanks goes to Brink for this tutorial.

Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

So far two out of three machines have had to go back to an early image in order to remove this annoyance. But for the third that is impractical, there's just too much to reconfigure.

My question: does anyone know where these left-over settings are hiding? I've been through the registry with a fine toothed comb and cannot find any significant differences between a machine that has had the autopilot update and one that has never seen it.

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do you remove the Autopilot update completely? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 28, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    KB4532441 Cumulative update for Autopilot in Windows 10 1903 and 1909 Win Update

No need now, the Autopilot update has been pulled and a check for updates no longer finds it. Not only that, but on machines where I had hidden it, it has disappeared from the list of hidden updates too.

4. Bree Win User

At various times Microsoft has inadvertently delivered an Autopilot update to all W10 Pro machines, not just those enrolled in Autopilot. Here's the one from December...

KB4532441 Cumulative update for Autopilot in Windows 10 1903 and 1909

Back in October they even pushed it onto Home machines, despite saying Home should never have Autopilot!

I have three W10 Pro 1909 machines that got the Autopilot update at various times. It can be uninstalled in Control Panel > Programs and Features > Installed Updates, but despite Microsoft's reassurance that "If you were offered this update and do not use Autopilot, installing this update will not affect you" there is one very visible after-effect of having had it installed, even after it has been uninstalled. Every time updates are installed Windows tells me that Your organisation manages your update settings.

How do you remove the Autopilot update completely? [​IMG]

Now this may just be cosmetic, but I can't help worrying what else may be left behind after uninstalling the update. So much so that I have just spent an afternoon reverting one on my machines to a Macrium image from just after its clean install, then recreating all the configuration changes made since then. In particular, my thanks goes to Brink for this tutorial.

Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

So far two out of three machines have had to go back to an early image in order to remove this annoyance. But for the third that is impractical, there's just too much to reconfigure.

My question: does anyone know where these left-over settings are hiding? I've been through the registry with a fine toothed comb and cannot find any significant differences between a machine that has had the autopilot update and one that has never seen it.

Thema:

1. How do you remove the Autopilot update completely? - Similar Threads - remove Autopilot update

2. How do i completely remove Copilot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i completely remove Copilot?: I don't appreciate an AI assistant forced upon me. Please help me remove it. Unless you would prefer I switch back to Apple. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-remove-copilot/94f158ab-bc04-48e2-a49f-4cc813fdd5f5
  3. How do you remove an organization?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you remove an organization?: I was trying to activate windows but it said that it can't activate windows on this device as we cannot connect to your organization's server. The Activate windows watermark is really annoying....
  4. How do you remove an organization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you remove an organization?: I was trying to activate windows but it said that it can't activate windows on this device as we cannot connect to your organization's server. The Activate windows watermark is really annoying....
  5. How do you remove an organization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how do you remove networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you remove networks: how do you remove networks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-remove-networks/c552fc81-542f-44ee-baba-d909f1489beb
  7. how do you remove these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you remove these?: [ATTACH] how do you remove those in the dropdown? i dont even know what to call them. https://preview.redd.it/f51p1kpw69c61.png?width=637&format=png&auto=webp&s=ca60fd1a7456a6df4f03fe6d2f9d21d4d72a2992 submitted by /u/YoBoiAvi482 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do you remove this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you remove this?: [img] 145851
  9. How do you remove this?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you remove this?: [img] 145851
  10. How do you remove the watermark

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you remove the watermark: I know this distro is only a few days old but has anyone figured out how to remove the watermark in the lower right corner of the desktop yet? 2063