Windows 10: How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?

Discus and support How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried everything to restore windows photo viewer as my default app in windows 10. Nothing seems to work. I cannot find an icon of the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jaysonaltmann, May 12, 2019.

1. How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?

I have tried everything to restore windows photo viewer as my default app in windows 10. Nothing seems to work. I cannot find an icon of the program to right click on and activate. Frustrating. Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

jaysonaltmann, May 12, 2019
  2. hbenthow Win User

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Brink, are there any risks to any of these methods? Would using any of them run any risk of damaging the registry in a way that could cause BSODs or any other type of issue?

Also, I have a question regarding this particular method:

I noticed that you said that it causes Windows Photo Viewer to be listed twice in "Open With". Is this at all problematic? Is it a sign of any sort of registry damage or corruption? And does it matter which one of the two instances of Windows Photo Viewer one selects from the "Open With" menu, or do each of them provide identical results?

And unless I'm mistaken, the advantage of using this particular method is that it allows one to view files in the order of (for example) date modified, name, size, etc (whichever way the folder is currently sorted in Windows Explorer), which the other methods of restoring Photos Viewer do not allow one to do. Is this correct?

hbenthow, May 12, 2019
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10? [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, May 12, 2019
  4. BruceHAZ Win User

How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

It is great to know that Picture Viewer can be accessed with Wndows 10. I do have a couple of questions.

First .......

The tutorial for All User Accounts lists two choices, one is to restore Windows Photo Viewer without the sort fix (#2) and the other is to restore Windows Photo Viewer with the sort option fix (#3). Of these two, which one duplicates the behavior of Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 8 (and I assume Windows 7)?

Second .....

The tutorial comments for restoring Windows Picture View with the sort fix (#3) says "This option does cause Windows Photo Viewer to be listed twice in Open with -> Choose an app". How does this relate to post number 66 in this thread by PowerDrome saying there are two entries for Windows Power Viewer in the list for optional apps and then Brink provides a file fix in post #67 and then says the tutorial has been updated to include the fix.

Does the restore with the sort fix (#3) now display only one choice in the optioal apps list or is this a different issue than what is described in post 66?

Thanks.

BruceHAZ, May 12, 2019
Thema:

How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10?

1. How do you restore windows photo viewer in windows 10? - Similar Threads - restore photo viewer

2. windows 10 photo viewer how to loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 photo viewer how to loop?: I installed w10 and when using the photo viewer the app stops at the last picture in the folder.how can i make it loop back to the first picture in the folder like windows 7 photo viewer did ??...
  3. windows 10 photo viewer how to loop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 photo viewer how to loop?: I installed w10 and when using the photo viewer the app stops at the last picture in the folder.how can i make it loop back to the first picture in the folder like windows 7 photo viewer did ??...
  4. How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11: Windows 11 brings a slew of new features, some of which have not been well received among users. If you look at the previous iteration, it also had some unwelcome changes such as the Photos app, which replaced the Windows Photo Viewer. [ATTACH] The Photos App isn't bad at...
  5. Restore Windows Photo Viewer

Restore Windows Photo Viewer: If you loved Microsoft Photo viewer but they're forcing you to use Photos App you can bring it back with this FREE program. https://download.cnet.com/Restore-Windows-Photo-Viewer/3000-18488_4-77362441.html...
  6. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  7. Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer not working anymore: So I just got a new Alienware Area-51m laptop which came preinstalled with the latest build of Windows 1809, I did the latest Windows update then started applying my tweaks, however, when I applied the restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users tweak, I still couldn't find...
  8. How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10: How do I update photo viewer in Windows 10. My not accept photos fro my Canon elf vamera which ate not .jpeg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-photo-viewer-in-windows-10/7354905c-2e0f-4725-b84a-31053608623c
  9. Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration

Windows Photo Viewer manual restoration: I found Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html But I wanted to know if I can try and manually restore it? If I want to add the registry key myself, how can I do that? Thanks! 39099
  10. Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Usually you could use Windows Photo Viewer to view your image files in a variety of ways. You can also print, order prints, attach pictures to an e‑mail message, burn,...