Windows 10: How do you revert to the old search box?

Discus and support How do you revert to the old search box? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/how-to-revert-to-the-old-search-box.277040/ Basically I'm having the same problem as this person. I signed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lurkers_of_Reddit, Jul 24, 2020.

1. How do you revert to the old search box?

/u/Lurkers_of_Reddit, Jul 24, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 25, 2020
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

How do you revert to the old search box? [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

How do you revert to the old search box? [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jul 25, 2020
  4. How do you revert to the old search box?

How do you get of Chrome?

Hi Barry,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open command prompt. (Type it in Search or Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Command Prompt admin).

• Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

• Then try uninstalling the Chrome from the Control Panel.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

How do you revert to the old search box?

1. How do you revert to the old search box? - Similar Threads - revert old search

2. How do you revert to the old Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you revert to the old Microsoft Photos App: I'm gonna keep this brief, because I am absolutely out of patience and I am out of options. Do tell me, how the hell can I reverse the update to the old photos application formerly W10, which auto updated Sep 1 to the new W11 version it is absolute **** garbage by the way -...
  3. How do you revert to the old Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you revert to the old Microsoft Photos App: I'm gonna keep this brief, because I am absolutely out of patience and I am out of options. Do tell me, how the hell can I reverse the update to the old photos application formerly W10, which auto updated Sep 1 to the new W11 version it is absolute **** garbage by the way -...
  4. How do you revert to the old Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Revert to old search window

in Cortana
    Revert to old search window: After updating windows, the search window changed. By search window I mean the window which opens after starting to type something with the start menu opened. The new window uses more space and it is not connected to the edge of the screen. I have searched online and the only...
  6. How do you stop search in f. explorer started from taskbar search box?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you stop search in f. explorer started from taskbar search box?: 21H1 19043.1052 Hi, I've just tried a search for a document launched from the taskbar search box, choosing 'Search in File Explorer'. File explorer opens, and the dreaded green progress bar starts to creep across as expected. Now, I wish to cancel that search. But I find I...
  7. How can I revert the start search to the old style?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I revert the start search to the old style?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AttackOfTheThumbs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9wd90/how_can_i_revert_the_start_search_to_the_old_style/
  8. How to revert to the old instant search in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to revert to the old instant search in file explorer?: Hello, I know alot of people have issues with windows 10 and don’t like it but for what I do with it, alot of the inconvenience didn’t bother me. I have auto updates on and I update to the latest version of windows as it comes it and so I woke up today to the new search box...
  9. How to revert to the old search box

in Cortana
    How to revert to the old search box: Hi there! A long time ago around september 2019, I've updated my windows 10 to version 1903. The update changed my search box, which I don't like. I would like to know how to revert this: [ATTACH] To this: [ATTACH] Because IMO the new one is ugly, why does it have a blank...
  10. Reverting to old search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reverting to old search bar: Hi, My search bar changed to a new form (see picture below) without my intervention. How can I reduce its size (around the size of the box that shows when you click on the Cortana button)? Thank you. [ATTACH]...