Windows 10: how do you verify that the anti-virus that came with win 10 is working as it should

Discus and support how do you verify that the anti-virus that came with win 10 is working as it should in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I deleted my Norton it was so irritating just like McAffee... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikeMatijevich, Oct 20, 2019.

1. how do you verify that the anti-virus that came with win 10 is working as it should

I deleted my Norton it was so irritating just like McAffee

:)

MikeMatijevich, Oct 20, 2019
  2. mikey8684 Win User

Help With Choosing Anti-Virus Software

Hey guys

I would like to know what some of the best anti virus programs are.

I am currently running NOD32 and the Nvidia firewall (came with mobo) and I find they slow down my games (singleplayer)

The guys over in the gaming threads suggested to just disable them while playing but I'm not sure I want to just in case you know.

So yeah bassically if you could give me some suggestions for anti virus and I will probably go back to using the windows firewall instead.

mikey8684, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Oct 20, 2019
  4. how do you verify that the anti-virus that came with win 10 is working as it should

Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

how do you verify that the anti-virus that came with win 10 is working as it should

1. how do you verify that the anti-virus that came with win 10 is working as it should - Similar Threads - verify anti virus

2. Question about how anti-viruses works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about how anti-viruses works: Hello, I got this question and there was a similar question from another user but sadly I can't find it.Example I had malware, and I also had Windows Security and Malwarebytes.Can the Malware use the anti-viruses to hide itself? Like basically infecting the anti-virus and...
  3. Question about how anti-viruses works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about how anti-viruses works: Hello, I got this question and there was a similar question from another user but sadly I can't find it.Example I had malware, and I also had Windows Security and Malwarebytes.Can the Malware use the anti-viruses to hide itself? Like basically infecting the anti-virus and...
  4. How do you remove a Trojan Virus for a MacAfee anti virus product that keeps appearing as...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you remove a Trojan Virus for a MacAfee anti virus product that keeps appearing as...: How do you remove a Trojan Virus for a MacAfee anti virus product that keeps appearing as you use your computer with a critical virus alert that asks you to scan. I have used the windows defender scan both full and quick scan along with the off line scan but each time it...
  5. Anti virus buttons not working

Anti virus buttons not working: Hello i got a virus, tried to resolve it with the windows defender, partially it was working but i started to scan with malware bytes remove the virus and restart the pc when it was booting it started to do the updates then it suddently blue screen, i don't know if it's...
  6. Anti-Virus & Defragging Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Anti-Virus & Defragging Win 10: Since I'm kinda new to Windows 10 I was wondering if you all have a preference for an Anti Virus? Do I need one? I have Windows Defender on and all the security on. Will I need to defrag? Thanks! 178764
  7. How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working: I CAnt delete Seguarzo anti virus says i need perms from administrator. when my account is an admin account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-seguarzo-anti-virus-malware-if-anti/1c05a4a1-c4e2-41ae-a3eb-e396028ed73b
  8. How to Turn on Anti-Virus

How to Turn on Anti-Virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? [Original Title: Anti-virus]...
  9. how do you verify that the anti-virus that came with win 10 is working as it should

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do you verify that the anti-virus that came with win 10 is working as it should: I deleted my Norton it was so irritating just like McAffee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-verify-that-the-anti-virus-that-came/0176bb1f-50e2-49e6-93e7-4816c5ebacc4
  10. Lightest Anti-Virus you ever used?

Lightest Anti-Virus you ever used?: First of all, I know that no antivirus is 100% secure, and that the best protection is surfing smart. But I've been searching for this answer for a long time. Its a fact that most top tier anti-virus programs (Avast, Avira, AVG etc), be it free or paid offer decent...