Windows 10: How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap

Discus and support How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just got Windows 10 upgraded (won't go into the insanity that involved). So far it works, nothing to write home about but it runs...... I've largely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GracieAllen, Aug 13, 2015.

1. How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap

Just got Windows 10 upgraded (won't go into the insanity that involved). So far it works, nothing to write home about but it runs......

I've largely figured out how to get adequate colors for pieces of windows and such, but:

I'm on large monitors and the icons in the taskbar are miniscule. And YES, they are NOT set to use SMALL icons... I'm looking for a way to get LARGER icons WITHOUT reducing resolution or doing anything else to the displays...

Aero snap is marginally useful, but NOT when you're using multiple monitors. HOW do I make aero snap limit itself to ONE monitor? I DON'T want it to pull windows that are on monitor two onto monitor 1 when I snap a window. I JUST want it to work with the windows on the monitor I snap a window on.

So, how do I customize these couple basic things so Windows 10 is a bit more productive?

:)

GracieAllen, Aug 13, 2015

2. How to make taskbar icons larger in windows 10

Please tell me how to make taskbar icons larger in windows 10.

GloriaPelec, Aug 13, 2015
  3. How do I change the taskbar font color?

It seems the Aero theme uses a black font fort the task bar. And if you make the taskbar transparent and you have a dark background, you can no longer read the taskbar. So how does the Aero theme make the taskbar font black whereas the other themes use
    white?

xxxDogmeatxxx, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap

Ztruker, Aug 13, 2015
  5. PJD
    pjd Win User
    The 7+ Taskbar Tweaker may help. For windows 10 it's still in beta (the released version doesn't run if it sees Win 10), some of the 'advanced features' don't work yet (icon sizing is an advanced feature), The developer is very responsive to user requests and queries. The beta seems to be very stable.

7+ Taskbar Tweaker for Windows 10: beta version - RaMMicHaeL's Blog

6. I know how to turn aero snap on and off. What I haven't found is how to LIMIT the real estate impacted by snapping. I don't want it to move, change, resize, or do anything else to ANY window on a monitor OTHER than the one on which I do the snap... So, if I have 2 monitors and email and firefox are open on 1, and file explorer is open on 2, if I snap email, I DON'T want the file explorer windows from monitor 2 to get dragged over to monitor 1 and resized.......

I"ll take a look at the taskbar tweaker to see if it'll help......

GracieAllen, Aug 13, 2015
  7. PJD
    pjd Win User
    GracieAllen - first try uncheck Task Bar Properties->Use small taskbar buttons *Redface

8. How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap

As I said in the original post, it is most definitely NOT checked. My problem is I'm using large, high-resolution monitors and the taskbar icons are smaller than I'd like even when "large"... Thus my search for something that'll enable me to make them reasonable sized...

GracieAllen, Aug 15, 2015
  9. Have you tried un-checking Task Bar Properties - Use small taskbar buttons? *Wink

How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap [​IMG]

Seriously though, I have the same minor quibble as you.
    Large monitors and tiny task bar icons.

I've tried attaching the Hubble telescope between me and the screen, but it's not working out.
    The thing is a lot bigger than I thought it would be when I bought it on EBay.

teachermark, Aug 15, 2015
  10. You have to REALLY read those Ebay descriptions close! I've been having the same problem with the bridge I bought!

GracieAllen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap

1. How make larger taskbar icons and limit aero snap - Similar Threads - larger taskbar icons

2. How to make Explorer Icons larger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Explorer Icons larger: In Windows 10, when I use Explorer and wanted to delete files I got to click on the red "X" Please refer screen shot sorry text is in Japanese. Top left the fourth delete key in RED, though other icons are also are of same size which is small. I wonder how could I enlarge...
  3. How to make Explorer Icons larger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Explorer Icons larger: In Windows 10, when I use Explorer and wanted to delete files I got to click on the red "X" Please refer screen shot sorry text is in Japanese. Top left the fourth delete key in RED, though other icons are also are of same size which is small. I wonder how could I enlarge...
  4. How to make Explorer Icons larger

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. taskbar, make system icons larger?

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar, make system icons larger?: how do i make icons on the right side larger same as in left side? 180822
  6. How To Make Taskbar Icons Larger

How To Make Taskbar Icons Larger: I'm new to Win 10. I followed Shawn's tutorial here to make my taskbar icons larger: Use Large or Small Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 It didn't work. It made them a wee bit larger. How do I get rid of the .bat file and try another way? Thank you. [img] 177414
  7. How do I make Taskbar icons larger?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make Taskbar icons larger?: The icons are too small for my old eyes. Can I enlarge them? Thank you. 166832
  8. Larger taskbar, how to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Larger taskbar, how to?: I've saw a fair few people with taskbars like the following: https://i.imgur.com/fZxezto.png yet I've not been able to find a way to do and quite like how it looks. Does anyone here know of a way of obtaining the taskbar linked above? submitted by /u/Fragil1ty [link]...
  9. Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...
  10. How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I limit Aero snap only to 2x1 instead of 2x2?: Hello, Windows 10 is definitely the best desktop OS ever. I found one improved feature really annoying when you work with a small screen. The advanced aero-snap function to automatically re-size four windows into 2x2 arrangement. However, since windows 7, I get used...