Windows 10: How show the date in the system tray having the small icons enabled

Discus and support How show the date in the system tray having the small icons enabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can one show the date and time in the system tray having the small icons enabled: [img] 41989 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bingus, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Bingus Win User

How show the date in the system tray having the small icons enabled

How can one show the date and time in the system tray having the small icons enabled:

How show the date in the system tray having the small icons enabled [​IMG]

:)

Bingus, Feb 24, 2016
  2. LeonGrin Win User

Desktop Area on System Tray - Windows 10

On Windows 10 the desktop area on system tray is very small / narrow. By desktop area I mean the space you click on the system tray to show the Desktop.

How can I increase this area or show an icon? I always click on this area to show the Desktop.

Tks,

LeonGrin, Feb 24, 2016
  3. I don't see the Upgrade to Windows 10 Icon in my system tray.

Click the 2 small arrows on right of system tray, to 'show hidden icons'. Try modifying the windows update icon so that it shows in system tray.

I am not sure that will work..but I have same problem and am trying this ... while I wait for windows to update..

.I do have Service Pack 1 on a Win 7 64 bit...and the icon issn't showing for me either. Maybe it will show on restart or something after I check for updates.

peterfairley, Feb 24, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Bingus Win User
    Thank you very much, yes, that works. Actually I would like to keep the system tray that thin and show the date, though. But I assume, there is no way to do it.

Bingus, Feb 24, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    I am not aware of a way to do what you want - other than hovering the mouse over the time which does reveal the date.

philc43, Feb 24, 2016
  7. Bingus Win User
    Yes, I think there is no other way. But if need be I just can expand the tray, it is good to know.

Many thanks again

Bingus, Feb 24, 2016
  8. Marty9E Win User

Marty9E, Mar 17, 2018
  9. Bingus Win User
    Many thanks.

Yes, very nice, it works.

Many thanks again

Bingus, Mar 17, 2018
  10. Just came across this resurrected thread.

I've always had the date and time showing with taskbar on minimum setting. It's been set that way for so long that I can't remember doing anything "special" to get it that way. *Smile

brotherboard, Mar 17, 2018
  11. Bingus Win User
    I have it like this now:

Or, with T'Clock like this:

Bingus, Mar 17, 2018
  12. Edwin New Member
    Surprisingly, me too!

Edwin, Mar 17, 2018
  13. davidhk Win User

You don't need to expand the width of the taskbar, nor do you need a 3rd party app to do what you want.

Right click at the taskbar > Taskbar Properties > right side, turn off "Use small Taskbar buttons".
    That's it.

My system tray screenshot :

davidhk, Mar 17, 2018
  14. Bingus Win User
    Thank you very much!

Sorry, what I meant was this: How can one show the date and time in the system tray having the small icons enabled

Bingus, Mar 17, 2018
  15. davidhk Win User
    Adding ............
    If that "Use small taskbar buttons option is On, you will get only Time. No Date.

davidhk, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How show the date in the system tray having the small icons enabled - Similar Threads - show date system

2. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  3. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  4. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  5. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  6. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date not showing with time in system tray: My date has stopped appearing in my task bar, and only the time is showing. I recently changed monitor configurations over and back, and I found this problem when I returned to my original set up. I have messed with settings for this before, formatting the date/time in the...
  7. Date not showing with time in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. System Tray Icons Showing Small Even When Taskbar Set To Large

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray Icons Showing Small Even When Taskbar Set To Large: In Windows 10, I have my taskbar set to large. My taskbar shortcuts show up correctly, but my system tray icons show up small. [img] I have already tried rebooting, moving my taskbar to the left side and back to the bottom and rebuilding my icon cache. None have worked....
  9. Avira icon on system tray not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avira icon on system tray not showing: I have a laptop with win 10 pro installed. And after about 4 days not using it now the tray icon of avira is missing. But when check on task manager the avira is still working and when i search "avira" and click it the avira windows showed up and the feature there like...
  10. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar: I don't want the date showing on my taskbar, so I put the icon size to small so only the time would show, but it's still showing the date as well. How do I get rid of it? Obviously there's a glitch somewhere, but I don't know where to begin. 87195