Windows 10: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and switch between your apps. You can also see the specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open.

If you have the taskbar location at the top or bottom border of your display, you can change the height of the taskbar to what you want.

If you have the taskbar location at the left or right border of your display, you can change the width of the taskbar to what you want.

This tutorial will show you how to change the width or height of the taskbar to the size you want for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Unlock the taskbar.

2. Move the pointer over the border of the taskbar until it turns into a double arrow, drag the border to the height or width size you want, and release. (see screenshots below)

*note If you have multiple displays, then you can repeat this for the taskbar on any screen.

3. When finished, you can lock the taskbar.

Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 1, 2018

2. Taskbar size

Place your mouse at the top of the task bar. You should see a line with an arrow head at either end, like when you are sizing window or column. Pull it down a little.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10

Hi Mike,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

This tutorial is what you are looking for:

Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar i

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104233-chan...

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

Taskbar height/width on the side

The width of the Taskbar is determined by the size of the icons. Right click on the Taskbar, select Properties, Taskbar tab, check the box before
    Use small taskbar buttons and click Apply and
    OK

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 27, 2019
  5. David Sz. Win User

I'm using small taskbar buttons and that option changes height only if location of taskbar is bottom or top.

However, thank for answer!

David Sz., Oct 27, 2019
  6. David Sz. Win User

Hi,

I'm using my taskbar at left side but I hate width of them. I don't know why are icons as Wi-Fi connection, Volume etc. in two columns which expends width of taskbar. I tried unlock taskbar and resize width manually but nothing. When I change position of
    taskbar at default option (bottom) everything is nice in one line.

Thank you for help!
    Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 4df9b5e3-42dc-4a75-8f16-a7de7e649fb0.jpg

David Sz., Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Height Width

2. Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...: When opening a folder's window, I always enlarge it, make sure all the columns appear inside, the date and time, file size and file type, etc.However, each time I open the same window again, it seems that Windows 11 completely forgets all the previous display settings not...
  3. Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not remember the window size, width, height, columns that should be...: When opening a folder's window, I always enlarge it, make sure all the columns appear inside, the date and time, file size and file type, etc.However, each time I open the same window again, it seems that Windows 11 completely forgets all the previous display settings not...
  4. windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width: I wish to search images by height. So, is it possible to change the listing of image dimensions from width x height to height x width? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-image-dimensions-change-to-height/de2e6839-4af6-453c-a6ca-ec54d7b8766f
  5. windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width: I wish to search images by height. So, is it possible to change the listing of image dimensions from width x height to height x width? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-image-dimensions-change-to-height/de2e6839-4af6-453c-a6ca-ec54d7b8766f
  6. windows explorer image dimensions - change to height x width

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Any way to change the height width of virtual desktop list in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to change the height width of virtual desktop list in windows 10?: Hi, is there any way I can resize the height-width of this list items? red marked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-way-to-change-the-height-width-of-virtual/50620155-848d-48ac-801c-f7400f670ce9
  8. How to change default Height and Width of Windows Terminal window

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default Height and Width of Windows Terminal window: [ATTACH]Those of you who use the Windows Terminal know how important and, oftentimes, how frequent its use can be. You may find yourself arranging the size of the default Windows Terminal window every time you use it. Maybe it is too small for you or the other way around....
  9. Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically

Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically: For the past few days, I am facing an issue related to CaptionHeight and CaptionWidth. Some days back my windows font and title box height change automatically. I don't know how I never made any change in the registry. It looks like someone zoomed by windows from 100 to 150%....
  10. How to change screen resolution-width,Height,depth

How to change screen resolution-width,Height,depth: Hi , I want to change resolution in windows 10 "ResolutionWidth": 1280, "ResolutionHeight": 1024, "ResolutionDepth": 32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-resolution-widthheightdepth/0d4798aa-d2f3-4d69-a30b-65c66a069e43