Windows 10: How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background?

Discus and support How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 starts apps automatically in the background, so when you start the apps, they will launch faster. But I don't need that. The background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UltimatePOPCORN, Nov 4, 2016.

1. How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background?

Windows 10 starts apps automatically in the background, so when you start the apps, they will launch faster.
    But I don't need that.

The background apps settings in the Settings app don't change anything.

Is there another workaround for that?

Look at the Photos app, it uses a ridiculous amount of RAM.

How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background? [​IMG]

:)

UltimatePOPCORN, Nov 4, 2016

2. How do I stop Outlook 365 from auto starting in Win 10 - It's not in startup folder

I checked what you suggested and it was already set that way. I rebooted and it didn't restart. I think that outlook 365 is just so slow at shutting down it may still be running when I shut down the PC and then reopens next time i power up. I checked and
    even though it does not show up as running it will restart unless I wait some amount of time between when I shut down outlook 365 and shut down the pc.

JohnBuzzelli, Nov 4, 2016
  3. How do I stop Outlook 365 from auto starting in Win 10 - It's not in startup folder

Try this work around.

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > sign-in options

Scroll down to Privacy

Toggle off

Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 4, 2016
  4. prikker Win User

How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background?

prikker, Nov 4, 2016
  5. I forgot to mention that I already tried these before,and obviously they didn't work. That's why I came here to ask.

UltimatePOPCORN, Nov 4, 2016
  6. You could always go to services and either turn them to manual, delayed start or even disable them entirely I guess.

Welcome to the forums btw *Smile

indianacarnie, Nov 4, 2016
  7. But they're not services.

UltimatePOPCORN, Nov 6, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

@UltimatePOPCORN, They don't appear to be background processes either. You cropped your screenshot a bit too much to tell for sure, but the only way I can reproduce a screenshot that looks like yours is to actually run the Apps...

How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background? [​IMG]

...when (of course) they will need some memory. When closed, they don't appear in my Task Manager at all - either in the
    Apps (..) or Background processes (...) lists. Do you have them set to run at start-up? Look in Task Manager's Start-up tab, if that turns out to be the case you can disable them there.

Bree, Nov 6, 2016
  9. My startup tab only has the Realtek Audio Manager thingy, which I would keep.
    Same for scheduled tasks, I only have the system tasks and my own stuffs.

Sometimes they appear in the task manager as background progresses, and I want to stop that from happening.

UltimatePOPCORN, Nov 7, 2016
  10. Molyy Win User
    go to app setting , click it . do not let it Auto- start . it works

Molyy, Nov 8, 2016
  11. I already did that, and it didn't work.
    They still start as background processes.

UltimatePOPCORN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background? - Similar Threads - ACTUALLY stop apps

2. How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?: Hello, I usually work with several app windows opened at the same time i.e several excel files and I came across a problem I don't know how to solve. For example I have three excel windows opened and have them minimized. When i open the fourth one, the other three open as...
  3. How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?: Hello, I usually work with several app windows opened at the same time i.e several excel files and I came across a problem I don't know how to solve. For example I have three excel windows opened and have them minimized. When i open the fourth one, the other three open as...
  4. How to stop app window from the same app from opening in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Auto-Start apps on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-Start apps on startup: Hi, so this problem has been sticking with me for a while. I sometimes change the desktop by using Task View, with some apps still open in the earlier desktop. I forget all about those apps, and I sometimes shut the Notebook down without closing the apps on Desktop 1. Then,...
  6. Auto clicker on app in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto clicker on app in background: Basically I’m wandering is there an auto clicker that I can put on a specific app while it’s in the background and I can watch YouTube over it with out like having to put my mouse on the app that I want to use the auto clicker it will just auto click in the app while YouTube...
  7. Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it

Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it: On my work laptop (Lenovo yoga C940) I often leave a lot of things running in the background that I plan to come back to. Things like articles in chrome that I want to read later or a simple to-do list in notepad that I can check off as I go. Something seems to be killing...
  8. Auto-lock will not actually stop auto-locking no matter what I do...

Auto-lock will not actually stop auto-locking no matter what I do...: I don't want to disable the lock screen, I DO want to log in if I manually lock the computer or when booting it up. But auto-lock simply will not turn the fuck off. Here's all the options I've exhausted: Option 1___ Control panel > system and security > power options >...
  9. How to stop IdlingBuddy running in the background and starts automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop IdlingBuddy running in the background and starts automatically.: Says "action can't be completed because folder or a file in it is open in another program." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-idlingbuddy-running-in-the-background/777548bf-9698-4abd-a83f-8de5957cb812"
  10. Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Apps Command Window from auto-opening: Since v1809 was installed, a small window has been opening in top left of screen randomly (?) It displays options under Apps Commands... for Share, Print, Settings. How can I put a stop to that ?...