Windows 10: How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

Discus and support How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dburne, Dec 28, 2015.

1. dburne Win User

How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

Hey gang,

I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the favorites bar in Edge?

I am sure I am probably missing something simple here, as it has been a while since I have done this even in IE.

Thanks for any tips,

:)

dburne, Dec 28, 2015

2. My favorites don't fit on one line across the top of my monitor in IE 11.

I have a large monitor, with plenty of room for more icons in my Favorites Bar. How can I get the Favorites Bar to wrap to a second line, or how can I add a second row of favorite icons?

PearlMartin, Dec 28, 2015
  3. dpn- Win User
    Edge Favorites Bar Missing

What I said above is not strictly true.

First, there is a folder in my Favorites called Favorites Bar and it doe have sites in it. However none of those appear where the Favorites Bar should be.

Second, I can put a website in the Favorites Bar by going to the website and then click on the star and add it to the Favorites Bar. None of the other Favorites that are in the Favorites Bar folder appear.

I had the Favorites Bar disappear one other time after the computer had been to Sleep. That time when I restarted the computer the Favorites Bar came back with the links that were supposed to be there. This time a shutdown and start did not bring back
    the Favorites Bar.

So, what is the cause and how can it be fixed?

4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Dec 28, 2015
  5. dburne Win User
    Aha, I knew it would be something simple - thank you so much!

dburne, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome. Edge taike a bit of getting used to, but I like it once I started REALLY using it. It's just you have to dig deeper for some things, but you can also pin(in settings, upper right hand corner) the settings window to stay open until everything is setup how you want it.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge? - Similar Threads - add favorite favorites

2. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  3. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  4. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  5. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  6. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  7. Display Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Display Favorites Bar in Edge: I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions? [img] 58771
  8. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224
  9. Edge Favorites Bar Order

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Order: Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)? Thanks Peter 18830
  10. 10158 Edge Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    10158 Edge Favorites Bar: The Favorites Bar is still useless. Favicons not showing and the links just won't stay in the order you want them. I was using the Hub for Favorites, Reading etc. If someone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Still no use to me for my default...