Windows 10: How to add color to the window borders

Discus and support How to add color to the window borders in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Under Windows 10 I don’t know how to add colors to the window borders of applications open, as that makes them easier to spot when I work with several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aca, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ACA
    aca Win User

How to add color to the window borders

Under Windows 10 I don’t know how to add colors to the window borders of applications open, as that makes them easier to spot when I work with several at the same time. Now the frames are all white or grey.
    Where is the settings dialogue for that?

:)

2. How to set the Window border color in Windows 10

I asked this question over on Stackoverflow, and got no response there -

Stackoverflow: How to set unique Window Border Color in Windows 10?

How can you set the Windows border color to 'anything other than the default white' color presented in Windows 10? Specific examples are File Explorer and MS Paint.

Let me know, and I'll compose this as an answer for the above Stackoverflow post as well!

JustinReina, Aug 5, 2015
  3. MR. ED

HELLO,

Yes, I am referring to the Windows Border.
    In Windows 8.1 the border was wider and you could have a color with a wider border.

In Windows 10 this is not the case, the borders are "super thin" without color.

Also, the "grayed-out" Menu Bar can cause you to close an active window inadvertently.
    This is a flaw.
    How is this fixed in Windows 10?

EDWIN RODRIGUEZ

STARSHIPCOMMAND, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User
  5. ACA
    aca Win User
    Thank yo Boozad, for this extended tip

6. Boozad Win User
    You're welcome. *Smile

Boozad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to add color to the window borders

1. How to add color to the window borders - Similar Threads - add color window

2. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable colored window border ?: I didn't have this problem until last week-end 16-17 December. Before that, i didn't restart my pc for some time 1 bit less than a week and so decided to restart it. When it finished, there were now those border to windows. As you can see in the picture, the setting "Title...
  3. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable colored window border ?: I didn't have this problem until last week-end 16-17 December. Before that, i didn't restart my pc for some time 1 bit less than a week and so decided to restart it. When it finished, there were now those border to windows. As you can see in the picture, the setting "Title...
  4. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to turn off window border color in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off window border color in Windows 11: [ATTACH]You can personalize the look and feel of your Windows as you deem it. There are dozens of ways of going about and changing things. For example, you can enable or disable Show accent color on title bars and windows. It’s an option that lets you show or hide the window...
  6. Add borders to windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Add borders to windows?: I have spent the longest time (if you add it all up over the past few weeks) trying to find out how to get borders to my application/Explorer windows in Windows 10, as I have in Windows 7. I have experimented with no end of settings as recommended by any number of posts I...
  7. Border Colors in iTunes

Border Colors in iTunes: How do I change the border colors in iTunes. They''re gray and white now. I have a different computer, also running the latest Windows 10 updates, in which the iTunes borders are the same color as my other windows borders. I've tried everything in personalize settings....
  8. How do change only the window border color?

How do change only the window border color?: Before the Creators Update, I used a custom accent color that only affected the windows borders. After the update, the color is used for icons as well. [img] What want to know is, how can I change only the border color or stop icons from using the accent color? 98123
  9. How to add color to Active Window?

How to add color to Active Window?: Just got Win 10 and if I have many windows open there is no distinction between which are active and which aren't. Before the active window would have a colored toolbar at the top while the inactive windows would be colorless or white. I've went into settings,...
  10. colored window borders

colored window borders: Does anyone like the colored borders in W8.1 and the option to change their color? I do and notice W10 does not have that option. Do you think the RTM will bring that back? Thank you. 7878