Windows 10: How to add shortcut link in Quick Access through Registry

Discus and support How to add shortcut link in Quick Access through Registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I want to add shortcut link of one of the folder location to "Quick Access" in Windows 10 x64. In the case of Windows 10 x86 I used to put my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Munfaqqiha, Dec 28, 2015.

1. How to add shortcut link in Quick Access through Registry

Hi,

I want to add shortcut link of one of the folder location to "Quick Access" in Windows 10 x64.

In the case of Windows 10 x86 I used to put my shortcut link in the folder "C:\Users\user_name\Links" & it showed me shortcut in favorites at left side. Also it works using this command :

Code: mklink /D %USERPROFILE%\Links\MyFolder C:\\MyFolder[/quote]
    I want to do same thing for Windows 10 x64. So I try to use that command on Windows 10 x64 also I have tried to directly copy shortcut & pasted into the location of Quick Access.

But, still it's not showing in left panel of Quick Access.

So, does anybody know how to do that on Windows 10 x64 ? (or perhaps through Registry) ?.

Thanks.

:)

Munfaqqiha, Dec 28, 2015
  2. gfm.eca Win User

How to add shortcut link in “Quick Access” in Windows 10 through code ?

Go with Explorer at this link:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

where <UserName> is your computer user name.

Copy in this folder the link to your program

Tick on Start Menu to verify that the new link appears.

If it's not on the right pane of the Start Menu windows, check in the alphabetical list of programs on the left pane.

Right button on the icon and select Add to Start Menu.

That's it

gfm.eca, Dec 28, 2015
  3. vigi97la Win User
    How to add shortcut link in “Quick Access” in Windows 10 through code ?

I think this part of the question was not answered : it is a special case, see "Integrate a Cloud Storage Provider" on e.g.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn889934(v=vs.85).aspx
    . Personnally, I have also Dropbox at this place, so it seems specific to cloud storage applications...

vigi97la, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to add shortcut link in Quick Access through Registry

Brink, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Hello Brink,

It works!. I would like to thank you so much for your work. Your hard work is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much Brink.

Munfaqqiha, Dec 29, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to add shortcut link in Quick Access through Registry

1. How to add shortcut link in Quick Access through Registry - Similar Threads - add shortcut link

2. How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access: So I have a shortcut file, and i want to pin that on to my quick access, i dont want to add a folder, and right clicking does not show any pin to quick access. is this possible?...
  3. How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access: So I have a shortcut file, and i want to pin that on to my quick access, i dont want to add a folder, and right clicking does not show any pin to quick access. is this possible?...
  4. Quick Access Disappeared Links

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Disappeared Links: File Explorer Quick Access is missing all of the links I added to it, leaving only the default "desktop" "downloads" documents" and “pictures". I’ve been on hold with MS tech support for two and a half hours. Should I just give up and rebuild it? I’d also been having issues...
  5. Add keyboard layouy through registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add keyboard layouy through registry: Hi, a few months ago my keyboard used to switch layouts while I was gaming, and that used to drive me crazy, after searching for a few solutions i found out that the only one that would not add keyboard layouts to my PC was to delete all other layouts from my registry, and it...
  6. Add keyboard layouy through registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add keyboard layouy through registry: Hi, a few months ago my keyboard used to switch layouts while I was gaming, and that used to drive me crazy, after searching for a few solutions i found out that the only one that would not add keyboard layouts to my PC was to delete all other layouts from my registry, and it...
  7. Can't add folders (links) from other drives to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add folders (links) from other drives to Quick Access: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TwinSong [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkachz/cant_add_folders_links_from_other_drives_to_quick/
  8. Quick Access links change

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access links change: I liked the Windows 7 "Links" section of the file browser. If you can tell me how to mimic the Links behavior, stop reading and provide that and that would be WONDERFUL -- Much thanks in advance. Otherwise... I am testing multiple versions of a piece of software. The...
  9. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut: I started having a problem with a shorcut of an app I uninstalled, I tried so restore the original using New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums but everything got ruined, now some shorcuts are duplicated, without name, and can't be...
  10. Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Custom Shortcuts to Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add quick access registry