Windows 10: How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

Discus and support How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen. For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Nov 25, 2019.

1. zbook Win User

How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

:)

zbook, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

commands in command prompt

Many of the commands one can use in Command Prompt go back to the days of DOS/Disk Operating System. An example of how to use switches in chkdsk can be seen by typing chkdsk /? at the command prompt. There's a number of Web pages about the commands found by a Search:
    dos commands list at DuckDuckGo
    Some pages aimed at Win10:
    windows 10 commands for command prompt at DuckDuckGo

Berton, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt - Similar Threads - backup restore registry

2. how to zip and unzip using command prompt only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to zip and unzip using command prompt only: hi there,i am trying to zip 5 photos, using cmd command prompt.the prompt i am using is: tar -a -c -f compressed.zip *jpgand this works perfectly fine as all the files are getting zipped in a folder called compressed.zipbut the issue is all files are getting compressed in one...
  3. how to zip and unzip using command prompt only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to zip and unzip using command prompt only: hi there,i am trying to zip 5 photos, using cmd command prompt.the prompt i am using is: tar -a -c -f compressed.zip *jpgand this works perfectly fine as all the files are getting zipped in a folder called compressed.zipbut the issue is all files are getting compressed in one...
  4. restore registry from backup under USB command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore registry from backup under USB command prompt: I made an incorrect registry change and the system fails to boot and will not go into recovery mode. I have booted from a USB and, using the command prompt, checked RegBack and found it empty. I did make a manual backup of the registry before I made the change. Is it possible...
  5. Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt: Good Evening, I am using Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). I've read through the tutorials on how to access and perform System Restores. However, I am having an issue selecting the Restore Point that is desired. It does not appear on the Restore program in Windows,...
  6. Registry Backup & Restore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Backup & Restore: After becoming disenchanted with the Windows Restore Point methodology, I’ve started taking manual registry backups using ‘RegEdit’. My query is that if I need to restore from one of these backups, does it completely replace the current contents of the registry, or, does...
  7. Using command prompt to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using command prompt to backup: Hello My computer has crashed and is not loading past the blue screen but it does give me advanced options to go onto the command prompt. I am wondering if there is a way from command prompt, to back up all my files on my PC hard drive to my one drive also on the pc or if...
  8. How to edit the Registry using Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to edit the Registry using Command Prompt in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows Registry is a database of information, settings, options, and other values for software and hardware installed on all versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems. When a program is installed, a new […] This article How to edit the Registry using...
  9. How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt: In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen. For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt? If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and...
  10. How to restore using windows.old using command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore using windows.old using command prompt: After the last win 10 update in october 2018 my Asus Laptop (with 32gig eMMC ) crashed and it will only boot to the Bios . I had to format the C: partition. The X: partition has the operating system ( I guess) I managed to get the command prompt I see the windows.old backup...